McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg

Would love to have a player that pumps up the team like this guy pumps up the anouncer haha

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/87650

I've seen a lot of ppl high on McIlrath, just wanted to share

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Re: McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg

McIlrath has surged up the draft standings.....he can hit and fight winging punches with both hands...sure hope the Bruins have him in their sights...the 6'4freight train from Winnipeg would look good in black and gold! I like the posters choices who picked Seguin McIlrath and Kabanov if available for their first 3 picks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Seen him once at the Prospects game . Impressive . Not a fun guy to play against as he laid a licking on Alex Petrovic from the WHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg:
    Seen him once at the Prospects game . Impressive . Not a fun guy to play against as he laid a licking on Alex Petrovic from the WHL.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Yep, and I remember thinking when watching that Prospects game, that the Bruins should get this guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg : Yep, and I remember thinking when watching that Prospects game, that the Bruins should get this guy.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

numba , but do you take him at #15 ? IMO no because there are others I like better then him at that spot in the draft. I wish I could have seen him more. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: McIlrath - The Freightrain from Winnipeg : numba , but do you take him at #15 ? IMO no because there are others I like better then him at that spot in the draft. I wish I could have seen him more. 
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Not sure that he should go #15 either. Haven't seen a lot of junior games, or McIlrath .... just that Prospects game plus another 3 or so games from the Memorial Cup. And based on how drafts have gone recently, shutdown defensemen (without much offense) usually don't go that high in the draft. If he's available at #32 (Leafs 2nd pick we own), it would be sweet if PC took him, as McIlrath's, Burke's type of player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was reading the THN draft issue to find Mcllrath was ranked number 26.  I think it wise for Chiarelli not to try to move up in the draft.  I am sure Chara was not deemed a great skater or skilled at puck handling but he has proven to be quite a player.  Mcllrath has the same makeup.  Keep the picks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He is in no way a 1st round pick and is closer to a 3rd round type of pick.

I don't really care how tough he is, in todays nhl you have to bring some skill and skating and this guy lacks in both departments.

If he is avail at 32nd pc could think about reaching for him if he wants

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

He will most likely be picked in the first round. Especially after the season Tyler Myers had in Buffalo. Everyone wants their own Chara. I'm not saying this guy is the next Chara but he is a huge mobile defenceman. I would be very surprised if he is available at 32.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Don't kid yourself McIlrath will be picked in the first round....he is a decent skater and tough as nails...he is catching attention by consistantly pummelling opponents 2 years his senior...teams covet ability laced with toughness...check out the article on ( bruins2010draftwatch.blogspot.com ) At 6'5  215 and still filling out this guy is destined for the NHL

Sections
Shortcuts