McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY??

He's kickin @ss!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY??

To get playing time. NHL shut down for 2 weeks

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

1 of 2 possibilities

1)boychuk and/or stuart will be back for the bruins next game against montreal

2)Give Mcquaid some playing time in providence instead of doing nothing during the break

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigblue72. Show bigblue72's posts

Yup, we'll put him to good use down here in Providence. We need the help and he can use the playing time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY??:
    [QUOTE]   To get playing time. NHL shut down for 2 weeks
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Any player eligible to be sent down for the break , should be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY?? : Any player eligible to be sent down for the break , should be.
    Posted by east-westBsfan

Abso-effin-loutely.
    Especially McQuaid, keep him sharp for his return.  And he should return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY?? : Abso-effin-loutely. Especially McQuaid, keep him sharp for his return.  And he should return.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Then who sits?  I hope not Hunwick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

its nice to see the B,s reestablish alittle youth & depth on the backline.....stuart,boychuk,hunwick & mcquaid all good young talent & i heard that alexradrov is soon to be signed & should be here next year.....id rather see mcquaid go down & play then be stagnant around boston ......how well has hunwick been playing clamman....hes looked good lately but would love to see him get alittle PP time.....julien drives me nuts with his stubbornness

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I wish they could send Wideman, Ryder and Chara down to Providences.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: McQuaid assigned to Providence... WHY?? : Any player eligible to be sent down for the break , should be.
    Posted by east-westBsfan

I would also send down Sobotka .
    Not sure if Bitz can be sent down without passing waivers but he needs some conditioning.  Lucic also but he for sure cannot be sent down although I hope he's not on some beach in Mexico rather working on his conditioning and skating.
    Sorry Looch !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marc627. Show Marc627's posts

i personally dont care who comes back McQuaid has earned his playing time

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Luc will be at home watching the Olympics with front row seats, probably in GM's box with Stevie Y alongside Recchi watching Canada.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Actually, Looch would do good to be in some warm weather location. It does wonders for joint injuries (high ankle sprains etc).

Hey bruins8. You do know that if Kessel was still a Bruin, Boston probably doesn't feel the need to go after Horton like they did, right. Get over yourself and support your team, if you really are a Bruins fan.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aMisc.+MusingsForum%3a10626Discussion%3ae1c66939-de5e-4d17-9b69-5fed91a6c086&plckCurrentPage=583

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Why?  Because he is the least skilled D man on the B's roster.

McQuaid did a decent job filling in during the injuries, but with Stuart coming back(and eventually Boychuk), they will not need McQuaid. 

A lot of people have jumped on the McQuaid bandwagon because he won a nice fight but, he is less-skilled than the rest of the B's defense corps.  He is not the best skater and is a little slower moving the puck than any other guy they have on the blue line.

I don't think McQuaid is awful, but he is below the others on the depth chart and it's nice to know he is ready to step in when needed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not just the fight, McQuaid has passed out some pretty decent hits, including the one that led to a Bruins PP against LA.

I think they should sit Wideman for a game here and there to wake him up.

I think they should have all the rest of the defensemen compete for their jobs, anybody makes a mistake they view the next game from the press box.  Keep everyone on their toes.

McQuaid certainly deserves a few more starts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

BadHab- i am truly puzzled at how CJ is dealing with Wideman!  The kid struggles and he plays more.  He plays awful and he stays on the top 2 D pairings!

CJ at least figured out after 3 months of awful play that it is a good idea to limit the minutes of the awful 4th line.  No such learning curve in managing Wideman!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

I dont think widemans great, but I do think he has improved since the since the kings game. No errors like he used to, the whole team is starting to come together. Hopefully they can get on a little 3-4 game winning streak after the break and get hopefully a 6th seed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Wideman made 2-3 really bad mistakes in the FLA game, the Panthers weren't skilled enough to turn them into goals.  If he has improved, it has been very slight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

wideman also had 2 assists in the florida game so that kind of cancels out the mistakes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Not Really.  When Wideman makes those same mistakes against a good team, they will score goals.  I agree he has been playing a little better.  He's now bad instead of horrible.   I'm with BadHabitude; play McQuaid and sit Wideman.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I wasn't trying to compare Wideman to McQuaid, but if i did DW would get the nod.  He has much more potential(in spite of his shortcomings).  McQuaid can win a fight but is not very skilled. If he played the same minutes as DW he would be even worse than DW is this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

One more reason McQuaid goes to Providence...

MONEY!  While he's down there he gets minor league pay and doesn't count against the cap.
    Even at a prorated amount w/the minimum salary, clearing a few extra cap bucks never hurts before trade time.

Although the primary reason is that Stuart will be back healthy after the break along with Boychuck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

"Wideman playing well."
    What does that look like?  It means he racks up some more offensive numbers.  Same defensive mistakes, not as horrible as his first year as a Bruin, but still the same mistakes.
    It took him until about 2 months ago to coral loose pucks at the blueline, a good bantam defenseman should be able to do that.
    Problem with impulse control, he just does things sometimes just because.  He's got time and then he'll just do something for God knows what reason.

Defensively when Wideman is hitting on all 4 cylinders he makes a crisp pass out of the defensive end.

This is not a guy you want on a serious contending team because he is the one who will go nuts and do something insane like pass one out across his own goal goal mouth with a disasterous rersult.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

I just don't see what the 'pro Wideman' fans see in him.  I see a guy who makes mistakes on a regualr basis in both ends of the ice and can't bury a shot.  Yeah, he makes a nice pass every now and then, but no better than anyone else.  What exactly qualifies Wideman to be considered a 'puck moving' defenseman?

Sections
Shortcuts