Mcquaid in, Boychuk out....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Mcquaid in, Boychuk out....

I thought Mcquaid played a great game. Defensively sound, jumped up on the play when required. Playing with Chara would help all this; but kudos to Mcquaid.

Just shows how deep the "D" is deep for Boston. Bartowski is waiting for his turn.

I guess its great to have to 2 Canadian Maritimers on the Bruins Roster ( Mcquaid, Marchand).....  
    Maybe none of you are aware but the Great Ray Bourque is from the Canadian province of New Brunswick. Maritimers they're called... Not many in the NHL;

Maritimer myself, proud of them all...

another is someone named Brad Richards....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Re: Mcquaid in, Boychuk out....

Your correct Bluechip....Raymond was born in Quebec...maybe he got him mixed up with Glen Murray who was a " Maritimer " also...... but from Halifax Nova Scotia.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Raymond Jean « Ray » Bourque (né le 28 décembre 1960 à Montréal, Québec, Canada

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Bourque

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Depth is wonderful asset to a team and the B's have depth.They also have a raft of youngsters a year or two away.Bratkowski showed in training camp that is actually ready to contribute now and will be tough to keep off the roster next when he has a year of pro experience.I had the opportunity to watch Knight a couple of times last year(believe it or not I actually had some business to conduct in the hinterlands last year)and though I abhored the cold it was fun to watch kids who love the game play the game and once Knight gains some strength and his body matures he will the kind of player that drives defensemen and goalies nuts as he constantly is on the attack,seemingly every minute of every shift and he can score.He,to a lesser degree than Seguin,is just the kind of player you enjoy watching.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just adds more options in the future to bargain with.. eventually this position of strength on defense for the Bruins will manifest itself in getting a player of need up front which I think the Bruins still need.. Lots of teams in NHL looking for D help?
    McQuaid has impressed everytime he has been called up.. so not surprised by his play..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

In Response to Re: Mcquaid in, Boychuk out....:
    [QUOTE]Raymond Jean « Ray » Bourque (né le 28 décembre  1960 à Montréal, Québec, Canada http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Bourque
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia... the bible of truth... damn, just happenned that Ray is family... Dad passed away in Moncton NB, few years back... Brother of my Grand Mother...  But hey !  Believe Wikipedia....     if you must... It's all about where you're born... I guess...

Just proud of local hockey talent!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Mcquaid is a nhl player. Next year will take over Stuarts/Hunwick spot

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mcquaid in, Boychuk out.... : Wikipedia... the bible of truth... damn, just happenned that Ray is family... Dad passed away in Moncton NB, few years back... Brother of my Grand Mother...  But hey !  Believe Wikipedia....     if you must... It's all about where you're born... I guess... Just proud of local hockey talent!
    Posted by POWERSURGE[/QUOTE]

Well, that's lovely for you, but someone's relatives living somewhere doesn't make them a resident of that area. And for the record, it's not just Wikipedia that lists Montreal as Bourque's native city, so does the Hockey Hall of fame:

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/LegendsMember.jsp?mem=p200401&type=Player&page=bio&list=#photo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]Mcquaid is a nhl player. Next year will take over Stuarts/Hunwick spot
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    Much more of a Stuart type D-man than a Hunwick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacV. Show MacV's posts

[QUOTE]Your correct Bluechip....Raymond was born in Quebec...maybe he got him mixed up with Glen Murray who was a " Maritimer " also...... but from Halifax Nova Scotia.
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

Don Sweeney is from St Stephen, NB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Duinne:
    I never meant to contest the birthplace of Ray Bourque. I guess I used the wrong word as "from".Just wanting to mention his Maritime family roots; reference Mcquaid's.

But kudos to you; you're keeping posters honest.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I can attest that Ray Bourque was from New Brunswick
    29 years ago I was going to a military base in Qc where I met two youngsters from New Brunswick. They told me that they were Ray Bourque's cousins and showed up to school with his autograph to me after he played the Nordiques.
    Needless to say I still have the autograph

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pretzeller. Show Pretzeller's posts

[QUOTE]Your correct Bluechip....Raymond was born in Quebec...maybe he got him mixed up with Glen Murray who was a " Maritimer " also...... but from Halifax Nova Scotia.
    Posted by saultont[/QUOTE]

Actually Murray is from Bridgewater Nova Scotia, down the shore about an hour he's actually a part owner of a Hotel down there nowadays

and Powersurge you forgot the other maritime boy in Ryder. Willie O Ree the first black player to play in the NHL is also a maritime boy, born in New Brunswick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mcquaid in, Boychuk out.... : Actually Murray is from Bridgewater Nova Scotia, down the shore about an hour he's actually a part owner of a Hotel down there nowadays and Powersurge you forgot the other maritime boy in Ryder. Willie O Ree the first black player to play in the NHL is also a maritime boy, born in New Brunswick
    Posted by Pretzeller[/QUOTE]

Ryder is from Newfoundland, not considered a Canadian maritime province. ( New-Brunswick, Nova-Scotia, PEI) He's just a good ol' newfie!!

Reference O Ree, that's right, I just remembered reading that a few months ago, in a  Bruins history book.

Sections
Shortcuts