Metropolit signs with Russian team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

It was just announced that Glen Metropolit signed with a team in the russian league, they said he chose to go there because his salary would be tax free and Boston was unwilling to increase his salary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

No big deal....bring on the youth

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I was thinking we were going to have to assign Nokilienen to Providence all year now we won't have to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

I wish Metro all the luck in the world and will miss him enormously.

Sure we can easily replace his output, but we can never replace his heart.

Metro epitomized everything good about being a Bruin.

He left his mark on this team, and he led by example. I appreciated all the little things he did every night...his work at BOTH ends of the ice, his work on the PK, and the excellent job he did filling in for Bergy, and his top flight ATTITUDE and WORK ETHIC.

Give me about a dozen guys who play like Metro and I'll win a cup.

Thanks, Glen, for leading by example and over-achieving more than any Bruin last year. You'll be missed.   You got my 7th Player award vote.   All the best to you and your family!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

i really like metro, but i didnt like the fact that chia wanted to resign him when i think it would benefit a young hungry kid more.  i dont like upping our cap with guys like that.  i think nokeleinen can easily take his place but i am not really so sure that noky was worth walter (who cares) but if noky plays x number of games we have to give nyi a 2nd rounder next year!  i think that is alot for a guy that looks like a carreer 3rd, 4th liner, plus alot of young forwards are coming down the pipeline also.  i wonder if chia could trade nokeleinen thus getting out of giving up that 2nd rounder?  hard to say because he is so versitile, but we need cap space for hossa!!!

go b's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

One question, Toronto. Can you provide a link to this story,  I can not find it anywhere?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I find it funny that the only one who knows this is some radio station in toronto.  Why would they anounce it?  I fine it hard to believe that Toronto would care if we sign him or not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

[Quote]I find it funny that the only one who knows this is some radio station in toronto.  Why would they anounce it?  I fine it hard to believe that Toronto would care if we sign him or not.[/Quote]

Because anything about hockey is news in Canada. (also, Glen is from Toronto).

I don't think he really was in line for a roster spot, and at this point in his career he needs to pad his bank account. He was a good pickup last year and came in handy, I wish him all the best over there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Where is the link for this news? I have not heard anything to solidify what you are saying.

If this is true, a shame for Boston..Metropolit was incredible this past season. He died off at the end of the year (he's aging) but was never meant to be the first/second liner that he ended up playing as all season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

Hey, Metropolit was ok and only got to shine more because of Bergeron's injury. Trust me, Nate Thompson down here in Providence should be your 4th line checking line center. He had a breakout year, is one of those character guys, great on defensive end, drops the gloves when he needs to, and was a good leader here....he was the Captain also. Why hasn't the Globe posted a blurb about Metro's signing? Hockey can't come back soon enough!! Go BRUINS!!!

Ed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

I think we got snookered.  I don't think Metro went to Russia,

The more I think about it--why the heck would he move with his family to RUSSIA. Metro's a family guy.  I think this is a hoax.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

can't tell if it's true or not. 640toronto is a new poster (or just a new name) so it may just be a troll. either way I think his spot should go to one of the kids.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

There is a mention of it here (along with a lot of other Bruin news):

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080622/NEWS/806220557/1009/SPORTS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We all know he was offered 2 mill to play in Russia.  The first post in this thread claims he has signed the deal.  Since it well over 24 hours and no one else has reported this I believe it is a hoax as well.

Sections
Shortcuts