Mike Felger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

Mike Felger

Scre.w this guy, he was sucking the Bruins collective touuser snakes when they were rolling through the season and the playoffs, and I mean going to town.  Then they got knocked out and he is starting his crapping on them and stuff.  I for one hate this guy with a burning passion and think that he deserves a swift kick in the sack.  I cant stand these people crapping on the Bruins, they came out of nowhere and had a 116 point regular season last year with an extremely young team.  Sure they got knocked out prematurly but they were young.  They need believers, not as.ses like Felger

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Re: Mike Felger

In Response to Mike Felger:
    Scre.w this guy, he was sucking the Bruins collective touuser snakes when they were rolling through the season and the playoffs, and I mean going to town.  Then they got knocked out and he is starting his crapping on them and stuff.  I for one hate this guy with a burning passion and think that he deserves a swift kick in the sack.  I cant stand these people crapping on the Bruins, they came out of nowhere and had a 116 point regular season last year with an extremely young team.  Sure they got knocked out prematurly but they were young.  They need believers, not as.ses like Felger
    Posted by chickenfinger47

LOL. That guy is  an absolute moron. They should have made him the weather man. That guy knows jack about sports.... PerioD. I dont know if its like this in other city's or states, but the majority of Boston sports writers don't have clue about anything they write about. They do a descent job at pretending though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Felger's just another in a looooong line of sportswriters who write mainly just to draw a reaction.  He's a poor man's Borges or Shaugnessy.  Felger, Borges and Shaughnessy seldom write what they truly believe, despite the fact that when they do, that's when they do their best work.  Instead, they pose as contrarians when in fact all they're trying to do is stir the pot and boost either readership or ratings, as the case may be.

Give me Michael Holley, Bob Ryan, Sean McAdam and Tony Mazz.  I don't always agree with them, but at least they write from the gut.

Not only that, Felger's barely spent any time around the club, yet now we're supposed to pay attention to what he says?  No. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

Ok so when he was "sucking the Bruins trouser snake" you loved him and then when he called them out for what they were; an over achieving regular season team he is a hack?

Could you be anymore of an overprotective overly sensitive homer?

Felger is a hockey and football guy and he knows those two sports cold. He was also one of the few defending the Steve Begin signing as well so stop being such babies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

LOL....im terrible with names....who is Mike Felger?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Felger:
    LOL....im terrible with names....who is Mike Felger?
    Posted by pucman

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/images/mike_felger.gif

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thearchisuck. Show thearchisuck's posts

Felgy typifies what sports journalism has become in today's sports. Like all sport reporters, he offers his opion about the sports teams much to often as opposed to reporting the news. These guys think they are part of the news not just reporting it.

Personally I amm amazed at how often these sports reporters are dead wrong with their brilliant insight considering how much time they spend around the athletes.

Addtionally, Felger needs to stop shouting. His "loud" voice kind of goes up my bum sideways.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

Ok so when he was "sucking the Bruins trouser snake" you loved him and then when he called them out for what they were; an over achieving regular season team he is a hack? Could you be anymore of an overprotective overly sensitive homer? Felger is a hockey and football guy and he knows those two sports cold. He was also one of the few defending the Steve Begin signing as well so stop being such babies.
    Posted by chocolab511

The guy is a d- bag, his whole idea of supporting the Bruins was fake fake fake.  He crapped on them before, then they got good so he started loving them, then they lost and he crapped on them again.  He is a complete and utter fraud as a Bruins supporter.  And dont u dare give me any business because you know its true.  You obviosly get a hard-on when u see Felger.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Chocolab511:  I've been around hockey as either a fan, player (high school and men's league only), employee (NHL, AHL, CHL) and media person since 1965.  My passion for the game and the Bruins runs deep, which is why I always try to step back from being a fan when critiquing the Bruins.  If you saw more of I write here, you'd know I rip the Bruins when it's called for.  

Like this past Feb-March when they went into their complacency-fueled malaise for 6 weeks or so.  NHL history shows that if you want to do well in the playoffs, you have to finish the regular season well.  I warned against it at the time:  if they didn't figure things out, the complacency that led to that 6-week slump would hurt their chances in the playoffs.  And sure enough, complacency is what came back to bite 'em vs. Carolina, injuries or no injuries.  As Julien said at the post-season press conference at which all of those B's injuries were talked about:  "I hope we learned something we can use in the future." (or words to that effect).  In other words, the B's loss to Carolina couldn't be blamed only on injuries. 

Back to Felger:  To date, Felger's one of the few media members to actually comment on the Begin signing.  I haven't heard a single media person criticize the move, but who would or will?  Obviously it's a good move.  So for Felger to agree with the move doesn't say much about his hockey knowledge does it?

I've heard Felger talk about the Bruins occasionally...occasionally...but seldom does he write about them.  Is there a reason for that?  Yes.  He doesn't cover them often.  If he doesn't follow or cover them, his comments can't mean a helluva lot.

What I have read and heard from Felger about hockey reminds me of same from his baseball-marinated colleague Buckley:  when it comes to hockey, please dear God, just stay away.   They both have a peripheral knowledge of the sport, but that's about it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Ok so when he was "sucking the Bruins trouser snake" you loved him and then when he called them out for what they were; an over achieving regular season team he is a hack? Could you be anymore of an overprotective overly sensitive homer? Felger is a hockey and football guy and he knows those two sports cold. He was also one of the few defending the Steve Begin signing as well so stop being such babies.
    Posted by chocolab511

Knows Hockey and football cold? Sorry Choco, but that guys an idiot. Im willing to bet most of these writers never played a sport in their life. I gotta wonder if some of these guys were even sports fans before they got their jobs writing sports columns. Most of these guys base their opinions on player stats, team records, and  hype, know nothing about true team and player assesment. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

In Response to Mike Felger:
    Posted by chickenfinger47

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

FELGER doesnt know anything about the bs...the other night he was on sports late night saying begin pickup doesnt do any good....isnt he the guy that broke savards cheekbone...are u kidding felger..it was savars back....even worse he was knocking pierce after cs got eliminated saying a superstar should step up in a game 7...pierce has stuck with cs through all these years good and bad and helped them win a championship....then felgers best for last quaote" kevin garnett is soft"his words saying powe was tough to play through injury while garnett was a cheerleader....hello felger without kg there would be  no banner in 2008....and finally saying kaberele for kessell straight up is a great trade....enough said this guy doesnt know hockey....good luck sara i hope his parenting isnt as bad as his knowledge of boston sports

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

So for Felger to agree with the move doesn't say much about his hockey knowledge does it? I've heard Felger talk about the Bruins occasionally... occasionally ...but seldom does he write about them.  Is there a reason for that?  Yes.  He doesn't cover them often.  If he doesn't follow or cover them, his comments can't mean a helluva lot.  
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Hey pom pom boy just so you know Felger was the Bruins beat guy for the Herald for YEARS. He called Jeremy Jacobs a thief in one of his articles and Jacobs through him out of the building and had him banned and taken off the beat. If anyone knows the Bruins and inner workings of the team it is him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Felger : Hey pom pom boy just so you know Felger was the Bruins beat guy for the Herald for YEARS. He called Jeremy Jacobs a thief in one of his articles and Jacobs through him out of the building and had him banned and taken off the beat. If anyone knows the Bruins and inner workings of the team it is him.
    Posted by Nolakanookie2

Just because he did the Bruins beat and knows something about the business side of the Bruins doesn’t mean he knows anything about the sport of Hockey. Everyone in and around the NHL know who the bad owners are, you don’t have to be a genius to know that much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

In Response to Re: Mike Felger :   Just because he did the Bruins beat and knows something about the business side of the Bruins doesn’t mean he knows anything about the sport of Hockey. Everyone in and around the NHL know who the bad owners are, you don’t have to be a genius to know that much.
    Posted by IShawnPI

Your right msg board guys like you know EVERYTHING and beat guys who cover the team on a daily basis for thier job dont know anything.

I stand corrected.

Sections
Shortcuts