Mike Grier

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmastey55. Show pmastey55's posts

Mike Grier

Just thinking out loud:  what do you all think of mike Grier in a B's uniform?  what's his asking price?  can we afford him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Re: Mike Grier

MIKE WHO ???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He's an aging grinder. For what he made last year I'd rather have PJ or one of the kids from Providence.

n Response to Mike Grier:
    [QUOTE]Just thinking out loud:  what do you all think of mike Grier in a B's uniform?  what's his asking price?  can we afford him?
    Posted by pmastey55[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Grier is a tough guy who for his billing is decently talented with the puck. A former BU product, Grier has been a bit of a journeyman in the NHL throughout his career, playing with Buffalo, Washington, Edmonton and most recently San Jose. As for his price tag I can't imagine it being higher than Chris Neil's, who signed for a $2 million a year salary on a 4 year contract. Maybe we could sign him (should his price be affordable) and consider him Axlesson's replacement, another way of getting tougher. As for the penalty kill situation we would need to groom somebody to be the top penalty killer, perhaps Sobotka or Brad Marchand.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

There's not roster room.   Even assuming we don't sign Axe, we have 12 forwards already.  In the inevitable case of injuries, we have Sabotka, Marchand and others waiting for a chance. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Mike Grier wants a long term contract. Personally I never found anything special about this guy.
    Besides , Bitz is our Mike Grier,  younger,  faster and can play more than just wing (also a centre in his past).
    Grier wants too much money and we don't need him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

if we can move kobasew for a draft pick or two then grier would be a nice option

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I dont think we are going to trade Chuck Kobasew to free room for Mike Grier
    As Bruins Nation mentioned Byron Bitz fills that role quite nicely