Milan Lucic, why aren't you fighting?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins87788. Show Bruins87788's posts

Seriously, why hasn't he dropped the gloves this year? Has the Bruins management already gotten into his head to become the same type of boring player we are used to seeing?

And for those who are going to say "well we would rather have him on the ice" please save it. Of course we want him on the ice and winning is most important but realisticly we would lose him for one shift during the game and it would get the team and the fans going. It could be that spark we need that could get us that extra goal so we don't end up in these ties every game.

I am a huge Bruins fan and want them to win, but I also want to be entertained and I think Lucic enjoys being an entertainer. He was quoted in the Summer that he wants to fight more and I think they told him not to which is BS. Not sure if anyone else sees it but he doesn't seem as energized out there this year and I think that this could be a reason why. If I were the Bruins, I would rethink telling him to calm down because once his contact ends, we could easily lose him to Vancouver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from H8urguts. Show H8urguts's posts

I agree - I don't buy the "we can't afford to lose him for 5 minutes" argument. Scrapping is one of the most effective parts of his game, it gets the team fired up and can swing momentum. He's not so talented offensivley that he can't be replaced for a few minutes. He contributes more to the team when he's dropping the mitts in addition to being a solid forward.

Now I think what might have happened is CJ has talked to the guys about when its appropriate to fight. Look at Thornton's quote about his scrap with Godard the other night - not something I think Thornton would bring up unless he was talked to about it. I think the coaching staff might have asked the guys to be more selective about when to fight and its just limited Looch's opportunities to go at it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins87788. Show Bruins87788's posts

I agree with you that Julien has probably talked to them about that. And to prove that point further I feel the entire team has taken that approach to the extreme. i feel like our defensemen who, as a majority will drop the gloves, should also get involved in the that aspect more to make a point to their opponents. We want to be tougher to play against and I know that means mostly hitting, but for an opponent, who has in the back of their mind that 7 or 8 guys will drop the mitts at any time, that can change the way they will play. They will think twice before they start taking those runs at our guys. So, in addition to Lucic, it would be nice to see someone like Stuart, Knidy, Chara, Ference take a stand once in a while just to keep gusy honest. Thats how they play in the Western conference and I don't understand why we can't play that way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yanksstillsck. Show Yanksstillsck's posts

He's got to pick his spots...No point in fighting if they are down or up big. I see a fight coming soon, especially with orginal six match ups and being at home. The Bruins haven't really come out flat in a game yet so I don't think a fight was warranted from Lucic. Plus Thorton is the goon of the team anyway. Lucic will fight as he did last year but not as much. Not to mention he did get nicked up near the end of last year. He's got talent and can pump the team/fans up with big hits and not just fights. If anyone takes a run at our players he'll be there to back them up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I think he just has not had the right opertunity or partner. He did try to go with Komeserik in the Montreal game but of course he backed down. He can not go other there and just starting punching someone or else its 2minutes 5 minutes and a game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

RELAX People!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean geez, it's only been 6 games!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

He is a great fighter but not a 'goon'. Everyday fighting should be done by guys like Thornton not Looch. I agree fighting is part of his game but he shouldn't be fighting idiots like Laraque, Peters, Goddard, etc. He should pick his spots fight 10 times a year to keep his respect level high, but fighting more than that he will end up breaking his hand or something and missing 20 games. Then we wouldn't have what his most imoprtant role is, and that is to run around the ice hammering guys creating turnovers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from H8urguts. Show H8urguts's posts

Bruins 8788 - I think you're bang on about the D ... I haven't once noticed any of them protecting the crease after a whistle. Ward has come around the last few games in terms of battling physically, but I'd like to see a little more agression out of them. A facewash here and there would be nice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972longtime. Show 1972longtime's posts

Lucic has not been so quick to drop him since he sustained that concussion last year,Can,t say I blame him,As long as he keeps hitting and crashing I am happy.He has looked better last 2 games.He will however fight Komisarek.You know the guy with the yellow dripping off him,,lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

Surprised Rutu and Looch didn't go the other night..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Im with the majority on this one, ive been wanting to write a post on this subject for a couple days now, i want him fighting, If the Bruins want to have the tough to play against theme then we realistically should be tough to play against. I love Thorton, but does he really scare anyone? Lucic and Chara scare people....imagine knowing everytime you step on the ice against the Bruins you might have to drop your gloves with one of 3 players....i would never want to touch the puck...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins87788. Show Bruins87788's posts

You know what would be really nice to see? two guys fight because they were actually mad at each other. When was the last time you saw that?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from quirkstre. Show quirkstre's posts

Lucic isn't fighting because he has a eyesight problem and would not be able to anticipate punches as well. And he will be wearing contacts and i used to wear them and if one falls out it is very difficult not only to find it but to see as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptBubba. Show CaptBubba's posts

He put a guy through the glass the other night, had 3 g, 1 a last night and yet we're wailing about him not fighting after only 8 games? Priceless. Give the kid a break, HE'S TWENTY and he's been flopped around on a half dozen line combinations. He's going to drop them when he's ready and it's necessary. If he had 4 fighting majors and no goals someone would be wailing that his hands are only good for punching and that he was a bad pick, etc.

Last year he fought early and often because he needed to show that he belonged and that was easy enough for him to do. Don't you think the coaching staff (and a certain V.P./tutor named Neely) is telling him to pick his spots? If he puts up 40 goals and keeps drilling people and finishing his checks I'd take that over another fighting major any day. Good lord.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

Remember Neely he could light up anyone in the game but chose his spots. He had Byers and Miller to police the ice. Cam threw his weight around and put the puck in the back of the net any chance he got but was not afraid to drop the gloves if need be. I think cam has taken him under his wing to groom him, for hard body checks (you saw him put that guy through the glass the other night), he had 4 points last night, think he is right on track!

[Quote]He is a great fighter but not a 'goon'. Everyday fighting should be done by guys like Thornton not Looch. I agree fighting is part of his game but he shouldn't be fighting idiots like Laraque, Peters, Goddard, etc. He should pick his spots fight 10 times a year to keep his respect level high, but fighting more than that he will end up breaking his hand or something and missing 20 games. Then we wouldn't have what his most imoprtant role is, and that is to run around the ice hammering guys creating turnovers.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972longtime. Show 1972longtime's posts

[Quote]He put a guy through the glass the other night, had 3 g, 1 a last night and yet we're wailing about him not fighting after only 8 games? Priceless. Give the kid a break, HE'S TWENTY and he's been flopped around on a half dozen line combinations. He's going to drop them when he's ready and it's necessary. If he had 4 fighting majors and no goals someone would be wailing that his hands are only good for punching and that he was a bad pick, etc.

Last year he fought early and often because he needed to show that he belonged and that was easy enough for him to do. Don't you think the coaching staff (and a certain V.P./tutor named Neely) is telling him to pick his spots? If he puts up 40 goals and keeps drilling people and finishing his checks I'd take that over another fighting major any day. Good lord.[/Quote]

Agreed! he is finding another way to help the team,,showing them if they go to the front of the net good things happen,,I was really happy last nite to see him perform so well.he will do his fighting when he has to.I like this style better,hit hard be a threat.After last nite he will no doubt be in front alot more now.Expect other too be there more now too.

Go Bruins Time to get HOTTTTTTTTT

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tommazz. Show Tommazz's posts

I can't beleve what I am reading he pounds the body and scores goals and is feared what else do you want, and pentlys cost games

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

One of the dumbest threads ever posted here. Milan scores four points, the team wins because he scores a rare Garden hattrick (how many B's have done that in the past 3 years?). And people want him to fight. The difference between the old NHL in Neely's time and prior to today is the fact that all the fights today are boring, manufactured, without anything other than let's drop the gloves because both teams are spinning their wheels on the ice without any action. The old fights were often based on someone throwing a hard check or a stupid high stick with intent to injure, or just plain hatred (someone made a correct reference to it earlier) of the opponent. It would be following plays that even fans responded to with, "kill Dale Hunter, will someone take this cheapshot artist, and bust him open?" or "beat the hell out of Claude Lemieux!"....No one on the Thrashers barely threw a check last game, let alone did anything out of line to necessitate a fight. There have been manufactured fights over the years, I don't mean to imply that only fights occured as a response to another team's over-aggressiveness. You're behind 4-0, and sure the resident fighter gets in a fight to somehow do anything to get the team going. But to even hint that Lucic not fighting is hurting the B's, or to think it's hurting his game, is just.....laughable. I like a good fight as much as anyone, but if the team is down 3-1 because your goalie is awful, how is a fight supposed to help the goalie?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins87788. Show Bruins87788's posts

First of all, this thread was started before he scored four points that game so we can stop starting every post with "he scores 4 points and we want more???"

Second of all, the reason I would like him to fight is because I ENJOY watching hockey fights. I enjoy seeing emotion in the sport I grew up watching and on most nights we see very little emotion coming from these players. Not saying it's just the Bruins, but the entire NHL. I switched over to a college game during the Bruins last game and within 3 min of watching, there was a huge hit, a retaliation, and three or four players yelling and trying to get at each other. Is that so much to ask for?

I understand you hockey dads need to preach that winning is most important and we can't risk getting a dumb penalty, but call me selfish if you want, I want to see more fighting in the NHL because it's exciting to watch. It always has been. And watch these next two games coming up with Edmonton and Vancouver. watch the swagger these teams have and the bully type attitude they will take with the Bruins. I'm very curious to see how the Bruins will respond because the Western Conference is a diferrent type of hockey right now and I want to see how our guys match up.

If we are going to be "team tough", then tonight and tomorrow will be a good test.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptBubba. Show CaptBubba's posts

[Quote]Lucic is more valuable to the Bruins than Wheeler will ever be. Wheeler belongs in Providence...forever.

The fights for Lucic will come. Many players are a bit leary of Lucic now, and the super heavyweights stick to themselves for the most part.[/Quote]

Yes, you're right. Ten games into his career and we absolutely can write off Wheeler.

Jackass.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macinr. Show Macinr's posts

I think that it is definitely about picking spots when it comes to his scrapping. We know he definitely doens't fear anyone, as he has shown from Day (literally....game #1). Don't think it is a big deal at this point. There is a good chance he could have 3 or 4 scraps under his belt by mid November.

There's a good article on Looch at www.hockeyjackass.com talking about him doing hockey's equivalent to the 'Shaquille O'Neill'.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[Quote]He is a great fighter but not a 'goon'. Everyday fighting should be done by guys like Thornton not Looch. I agree fighting is part of his game but he shouldn't be fighting idiots like Laraque, Peters, Goddard, etc. He should pick his spots fight 10 times a year to keep his respect level high, but fighting more than that he will end up breaking his hand or something and missing 20 games. Then we wouldn't have what his most imoprtant role is, and that is to run around the ice hammering guys creating turnovers.[/Quote]

WOW SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOCKEY!!!!!

Amen.

thats exactly right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[Quote]Lucic is more valuable to the Bruins than Wheeler will ever be. Wheeler belongs in Providence...forever.

The fights for Lucic will come. Many players are a bit leary of Lucic now, and the super heavyweights stick to themselves for the most part.[/Quote]

uhhh.. Wheeler looks amazing in my opinion. He is clearly gifted. He moves the puck exceptionally well in traffic, he is quick, has good hands and great vision.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Best Bruins team in years.

Lets all admit that and stop acting like Sox Fans.