millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Re: millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested

Reliable yeah ok!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested:
    Even if this is true, do you guys think Tim Thomas would WANT to go to TB? I don't.
    Posted by LawLaw

That might be true, but also look at it this way. If your Tim thomas would you want to be a backup in boston or a starter on a team with young talent like stamkos, hedman, and their 6th overall

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Even if this is true, do you guys think Tim Thomas would WANT to go to TB? I don't.
    Posted by LawLaw

Ever been to Tampa in the winter?  If I had my choice, that would be my first choice!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

me wants Stamkos

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

me wants Stamkos
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I'd take a bag of picks to get rid of that awful contract.  Not a TT hater, just a TT contract hater.

I'm thinking we'll be taking on another awful contract or giving up something valuable as well if TT is getting dealt.  However I see this rumour staying as a rumour.  I doubt anything will come of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Do it...dump that bad contract....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

pierre lebrun has an article on espn.com quoting steve yzerman saying he has been talking to nittymaki's agent on a contract for next season. doubt they want tt nor would i expect tt to welcome that trade. i don't see much on the goalie list that would be an upgrade over tt while lowering the cap hit. i've seen enough one hit wonders to walk thru causeway street to bring me pause to any scene that throws the keys to rask so quickly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

need to keep TT at least 1 more year. Rask could end up playing much like he did against the flyers (average at best) and they wouldn't have another #1 goalie ready to jump in and take over.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I used to like Murphy but in the past year he's made too many outrageous comments a la Eklund. C'on Murph !
    Tampa does not want TT .
    Anyhow I don't think Bruins will move TT for cap relief, if they do it'll be a Ryder or Wideman (not judging the two) .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

I used to like Murphy but in the past year he's made too many outrageous comments a la Eklund. C'on Murph ! Tampa does not want TT . Anyhow I don't think Bruins will move TT for cap relief, if they do it'll be a Ryder or Wideman (not judging the two) .
    Posted by BsLegion

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bs2010. Show bs2010's posts

In Response to Re: millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested :
    Posted by bs2010

Tim Thomas
    Matt Hunwick
    #15 pick

for

Ryan Malone
    Mike Smith

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Thomas + 15 for 6 would make me the happiest person ever
    Posted by pbergeron37

...and who would you take at 6? 
    Assuming Hall- Seguin- Fowler- Gudbranson- Gormley are gone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Thomas would be playing with his buddies from University of Vermont ,Martin St. Louis and Paul Ranger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Paul Ranger?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I like what 306 bruinsfan said....Not a TT hater...but...wow....what can the B's do with 4 or 5 mill for another player ?....it's like a kid in a candy shop....but all that would look bad if rask went down and we don't have a backup gaolie !   Go B's Go !!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like what 306 bruinsfan said....Not a TT hater...but...wow....what can the B's do with 4 or 5 mill for another player ?....it's like a kid in a candy shop....but all that would look bad if rask went down and we don't have a backup gaolie !   Go B's Go !!! 
    Posted by Stuke50

Subtract a couple of million for your backup goaltender, and you're left wonder what could they do with $2-3M.

The answer:  Not all that much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested : Ever been to Tampa in the winter?  If I had my choice, that would be my first choice!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

oh yah, I agree.  As a fan not so bad either, I was there once and really enjoyed myself at the game.  Easy to get in and out of (unlike the garden), it was a company treat so I got to be in a section with free food.  The food was acceptable for the most part, but then they had some really good stuff, too.  Beef brisket was awesome.  Easy to get tickets.

I hear they have a few rinks down there, I fantasize I might find a beer league that I can dominate in.

For the pro player, housing is much cheaper, that's a big one.  Astronomical difference between a 2 million dollar house around here and down there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Ryan Malone's current contract is terrible...

This guy is worse than Ryder in terms of +/-, has less goals, has less assists in the same number of seasons played, and gets paid more (for longer)...

No, thanks !

Hope the Bruins keep Thomas in case Rask suffers a sophomore slump...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

What kinda hockey player wants to play in an arena that is always more than half full with the visiting team's fans, anyways ?

Didn't the Pens win their Cup the year after Malone signed with the Bolts as a free agent...

The guy is not worth his current contract (7 years for $31 Million) in my humble opinion...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

In Response to Re: millionth TT rumor, 'reliable' source says TB interested : Subtract a couple of million for your backup goaltender, and you're left wonder what could they do with $2-3M. The answer:  Not all that much.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's assuming they invest a lot in a backup goalie. I don't think you sign a veteran backup for $2+ mill, and more so, that's $3 mill that you can take off the hands of a team that needs to clear cap space, and when you can take on salary, guys like Patrick Sharp are a lot more realistic, and adding a guy like Patrick Sharp to the Bruins, would be a big improvement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

TT for Ryan Malone makes alot of sense for both teams. I hope it happens.

Malone easily will get you 30 goals a year. Would pair great with krecji

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

TT for Ryan Malone makes alot of sense for both teams. I hope it happens. Malone easily will get you 30 goals a year. Would pair great with krecji
    Posted by yaz16

He hasn't scored 30 in one year yet, probably wouldn't be easy to do it without a true top line center.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

Given TT's age, contract, and the ability of other teams in need to simply to sign FA goalies, PC would win GM of the year if he is able to trade him and either get a regular quality player or dump the contract.

Malone has 4 years left on his contract and is a 25G 25A player with a cap hit of $4.5m.

Thomas has 3 years left on his contract and is a $5m cap hit.  I wouldnt compound the mistake of a bad contract by swapping it for another one that has an extra year on it. 

I agree on Sharpe - he would be a great add - but he will go for picks and prospects to reduce their cap. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

once more you underate the value of thomas just because rask had a decent year ( except for the playoffs ) Thomas is well wanted . He is an excellent goalie and could lead tampa to the playoffs . My question is this how will rask respond to 60 games he is a beanpole  and definitely lost his edge after 30 some odd games . And here is a tidbit to add fuel to the fire tomas's wife mom and dad live in tampa.
    Posted by bruinsking
    Just as he did in Boston Thomas will improve any team he is the starter on. I did not know about his family having moved, but I am not surprised after the poor treatment by Julie Ann.As far as Rask enjoy him now because he will be gone after this currant contract.IT is a proven fact Julie ANN fights and blames his goalies, always has always will. I would of figured that you would of spelled his last name right king lol. Good luck to TT in Tampa!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts