Montreal: Classic Gut-check game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Montreal: Classic Gut-check game

This will be the game that defines the next month of the season. 4 goals against any team in one period is totally un-acceptable. The Bruins need to look themselves in the mirror and re-examine their goals. If they expect to waltz into the post-season on last  years reputation, well they have another thing coming.

Time to pick it up boys

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Montreal: Classic Gut-check game

an absolute beat down of pathetic team play that should not be down played.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Montreal: Classic Gut-check game:
    [QUOTE]This will be the game that defines the next month of the season. 4 goals against any team in one period is totally un-acceptable. The Bruins need to look themselves in the mirror and re-examine their goals. If they expect to waltz into the post-season on last  years reputation, well they have another thing coming. Time to pick it up boys
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Time for shake up. Get rid of flipper and his fat salary for a guy that can hit a 24 sq ft taraget from 10'

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

In Response to Montreal: Classic Gut-check game:
    [QUOTE]This will be the game that defines the next month of the season. 4 goals against any team in one period is totally un-acceptable. The Bruins need to look themselves in the mirror and re-examine their goals. If they expect to waltz into the post-season on last  years reputation, well they have another thing coming. Time to pick it up boys
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    result:  no guts.
    Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Bad bad bad! If they were anything like this board today they were probably too preoccupied with Toronto tomorrow. In fact maybe the players post on the board. Just think:

SanDogBrewin = Patrice
    dkrejci46 = Er, Krejci ( where have they gone )
    BsLegion = Recchi ( ageism? )
    notacryingwino = Thomas
    imafan = Bitz ( who else? )

F It. I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is another day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

That was just horrible. 

Un-freakin-believable. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Montreal had a lot to play for tonight in front of many of their team's greats.

They came out strong and the B's failed to match the early intensity. I thought if they could have weathered the initial storm they would have settled in, but their passing was horrendous and Thomas was treating the puck like a grenade tonight.

Over the course of an 82 game schedule, you'll get the odd stinker.

24 hours until the next game is one saving grace. They'll be better at home Saturday!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Problem was Bruins showed no Guts tonite... Just laid down and took the beats..
    Simply Awful to watch..And Montreal is garbage which even makes it worse.. Here's a team that gets shoutout by the Leafs and gets pounded by the Sabres the night before and the Bruins should have been licking their chops , come out guns a blazing and run these guys out of the building .. instead they mail it in...WOW!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal: Classic Gut-check game:
    [QUOTE]Problem was Bruins showed no Guts tonite... Just laid down and took the beats.. Simply Awful to watch..And Montreal is garbage which even makes it worse.. Here's a team that gets shoutout by the Leafs and gets pounded by the Sabres the night before and the Bruins should have been licking their chops , come out guns a blazing and run these guys out of the building .. instead they mail it in...WOW!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Sturm failed to score on shorthanded breakaway---habs score just after powerplay. Bruins fail to score on 2 minute 5 on 3 ------Cammalleri scores just moments later ---game right there. The whole team quit right after that at least for the rest of the period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

They embarrassed their fans by failing to show up to play-- and this in the one city in which you can't wear a Bruins jersey to the game without being harrassed constantly. I was ashamed to be wearing that jersey.

My ticket was a gift, but I suspect that if I'd paid for it, I would have been the one throwing my Bruins jersey onto the ice after the hat trick. Incidentally, that was perfect and something tells me the jersey didn't come from a habs fan.

The turnovers told me they just didn't care enough. It was like Shapshot all over the again, or the Globetrotters and their byotches.

You don't complain after a loss or two, necessarily, but 5 - 1? Give me a break.

When I saw Thomas was in nets (obviously they were goin to choose him for the classic rivalry), I had a feeling we'd lose. But he wasn't as bad as the rest of them. Maybe my view will change when I see the game replays in HD, but from the arena, the only guy who didn't look pathetic was Stuart. Even Bergeron looked drugged up. He missed the puck while it was immobile in front of him, on a potential shot on goal. Is that even possible? He kept falling over too.

I throw up my hands now. Convince myself it was merely a nightmare. Convince myself that I didn't drive all the way downtown to be humiliated by the habs and their fans.

The only quasi-nice thing I can say is that Montreal's players performed a little better than usual after having taken a bunch of pictures with the likes of Lafleur, Beliveau, Dryden and the rest of the greats-- having spoken with them at length before the game. Playing to impress the best of the best is sort of motivation. Therefore maybe the Bruins weren't as bad as they looked.

Oh, and Stuart didn't suk.

No. I can't do the positive attitude today. With that one exception, they  s t u n k.

I suspect eating shiite is more fun than watching your team being humiliated like that in Montreal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

east-westBsfan........you nailed it. B's had some awesome chances to change the game and failed to capitalize and the Habs used that to energize themselves again, when the B's actually looked to be gaining some momentum in the 2nd.

Let's see if the B's can bounce back tonight. They face a Leafs team that has a couple of big wins under their belts and some new confidence (yes, 2 wins in a row is a big deal for the Leafs folks), so it should be a good test.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]an absolute beat down of pathetic team play that should not be down played.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Dawg  .  (saw BruinsUnite last nite).

It's was the 80's all over again.  Every puck found it's way in,  defence fumbling the puck as if it was a hot potato and the forwards looked like someone learning how to handle chop sticks for the first time.
    I was at the game last nite since 5pm being entertained by clients and x-Habs. No choice to stay till the bitter end as an invitee to this ceremony in a corporate Loge with money play. 
    It was slow death.
    Today in this city all the happy citizens of Montreal are believers.  I want get the F out of here ! Yes,  it takes the Bruins to show them a good time and rally their troops.  Good job !
    The perfect guests(as Julien said) , got to love that comment ! 
    The Bruins have only one mission before mid-way season, THE POWERPLAY and get someone to play on this damned PP. 
    That's where they lost the game.

HEY KURAKO WHY AM I = TO RECCHI LOL.

Well said Ols they have to look at themselves in the mirror.  For sure Bruins will win their fair share of games, they just cannot go far in the playoffs like this.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey at least your name isn't Patrice but not a bad guy to be compared too. Well then again i'm not compared to a midget who yaps off at the mouth and stands around the net to waits for scraps LoL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal: Classic Gut-check game : Welcome back Dawg  .  (saw BruinsUnite last nite). It's was the 80's all over again.  Every puck found it's way in,  defence fumbling the puck as if it was a hot potato and the forwards looked like someone learning how to handle chop sticks for the first time. I was at the game last nite since 5pm being entertained by clients and x-Habs. No choice to stay till the bitter end as an invitee to this ceremony in a corporate Loge with money play.  It was slow death. Today in this city all the happy citizens of Montreal are believers.  I want get the F out of here ! Yes,  it takes the Bruins to show them a good time and rally their troops.  Good job ! The perfect guests(as Julien said) , got to love that comment !  The Bruins have only one mission before mid-way season, THE POWERPLAY and get someone to play on this damned PP.  That's where they lost the game. HEY KURAKO WHY AM I = TO RECCHI LOL. Well said Ols they have to look at themselves in the mirror.  For sure Bruins will win their fair share of games, they just cannot go far in the playoffs like this.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

LOL! I just had the impression that you're one of the 'older' more sensible guys on the board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Montreal: Classic Gut-check game : LOL! I just had the impression that you're one of the 'older' more sensible guys on the board.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Older yes , uhmm we are the same age ,  LOL... but please find me someone else.  I skate faster than Recchi.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

SanDawg,

It's great to hear from you again. Glad to see you're still around! I was waiting to be chastized about Wheeler's performance but it never came.

I'm going to need a little more than this one massacre to make up for the game in mtl. It's not that I was there-- I had fun despite the humiliation and am not bitter about it. It's that they need to be putting their efforts into beating teams like Montreal, among other reasons, because the Bs owe us for a lifetime of failure against the habitants organization.

Oh and Legion, you looked great! You haven't aged a bit since I saw you last and those jeans made your butt look great!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

bslegion, can you see my posts now?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Montreal game was just weird .  I would like to see the Habs against Flyers (not hat they've been any better) on monday. 
    That'll determine if friday nite was a TwiLight Zone episode

Sections
Shortcuts