Montreal Gazette: Burke asks Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin to 'retire'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Re: Montreal Gazette: Burke asks Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin to 'retire'

"Not-a-Clue" and the Muffle Loafs sittin' in a tree...

K-I-S-S-I-N-'

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I can't wait for the draft this year! When the Bruins brass walks up to the podium to select Hall or Seguin, and Chiarelli walks by Burke and whispers to him " It's okay Burkie, I got this one" The look on that idiot Burke's face will be priceless! He knows he got Fleeced on the Kessel deal, he just wont admit it! Any GM that would do that deal again, knowing his team was going to end up in 2nd last place, is a moron! Sorry Burkie I call it like I see it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette: Burke asks Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin to 'retire':
    I can't wait for the draft this year! When the Bruins brass walks up to the podium to select Hall or Seguin, and Chiarelli walks by Burke and whispers to him " It's okay Burkie, I got this one" The look on that idiot Burke's face will be priceless! He knows he got Fleeced on the Kessel deal, he just wont admit it! Any GM that would do that deal again, knowing his team was going to end up in 2nd last place, is a moron! Sorry Burkie I call it like I see it.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Did Brian Burke know his team would end up second to last?

Until the players that the B's select make (or don't) make an impact, the outcome of the trade is unknown.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette: Burke asks Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin to 'retire':
    In Response to Re: Montreal Gazette: Burke asks Taylor Hall, Tyler Seguin to 'retire' : Did Brian Burke know his team would end up second to last? Until the players that the B's select make (or don't) make an impact, the outcome of the trade is unknown.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Unknown is also the answer to the question my friends, who are Leaf fans, give to me here near Toronto when I ask them ' Why did Burke give up so much for Phil Kessel ' ? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

I don't know how long it will be before we find out if this was a good trade for Boston. I very much doubt that it was good for Toronto. Keep in mind too if Toronto is a 2nd last place team with Kessel then maybe they would be in last place without Kessel and have the 1st overall pick this year. Burke said just last week on TSN that he would do the trade over. I think he is trying to save face. IMO it is just a matter of time before we find out how bad the trade was for Toronto. Which will be great for me 'cause there are a lot of Leafs fans here in SW Ontario. We get to draft four players before they even step to the mic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

//We get to draft four players before they even step to the mic.// 

True enough, Bruins-of-Smeg.  The Leafs' first draft pick, barring something unforseen like Burke being able to move higher in the draft order by assembling a deal involving the likes of, say, Kaberle, is scheduled to be at Number 62. 

Actually, you probably heard Burke this past week state that getting a first-rounder is not a priority for the Leafs because of all of the additions they acquired (i.e., Bozek, Komisarek, Beauchemin, Guiguere, Gusstavsson and the 22 year old, 30 plus goal scorer Kessel)  In fact, the statement he used to describe their lack of urgency was "there is no angst in the Leaf office to obtain a first round pick." 

Granted, no one knows how any of the picks will develop.  That Number 62 could emerge as another Teemu Selanne or Rod Langway.  Number 3 may unfold as the second coming of Patrick Stefan, Brian Lawton or Alexander Daigle.  (Notice I skipped the Number 2 pick?)  Its a crap shoot.  Time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

True that nobody knows how these picks will turn out. And what else is Burke going to say ? With his giant ego would he say he is wrong ? ( does this sound like anybody we know on these boards ? ) You give any GM the #2 pick in any draft and I believe they'd take their chances on it being a crap shoot. No matter what names are thrown out there ( Daigle , Lawton and Stefan ) the percentages of getting a good player are a lot higher then getting a bad one and I like those odds even better in this reportedly deep draft.