Montreals new low!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Montreals new low!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27462-The-Straight-Edge-Die-Chara-die.html

I think what's more irritating is that the writer Ryan Kennedy thinks it's cool. Booing the american national anthem was one of the lowest but as always Canadien fans can top themselves...

“I don’t think we’ll boo Kovalev, though we’re still booing Daniel Briere for not signing here three years ago,” she speculated. “It’ll be more against Komisarek. Ottawa’s not that bad, but signing with Toronto? You don’t do that.”

Yawn! When do the Bs break from camp Oct. what ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

Re: Montreals new low!

Typical Montreal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Eh, they're resting on their laurels. The Hab-Nots haven't done squat for the last 15 years, not including the lockout season. Hearing their fans reminds me of Married With Children's, 40 year old plus, Al Bundy braging about his "Four touchdowns in one game for Polk High". Laughing Their arrogance is amazing. Last season was the worst it's been in a long time because it was their 100th anniversary. From the season long butt-kissing, to the All-Star voting fiasco, there was a sense of entitlement from them all season long. It made sweeping them out of the playoffs even more enjoyable. As for the Cup count ... I'm confident that we'll win a Cup before they will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

65% of the fans at the Bell Centre are not real hockey fans. 
    Some of those are all the bandwagoners that jumped to the success the Habs had two years ago. Along with the 100 year anniversary.
    Some of those fans are just their at the games cause corporations in Montreal have a good chunk of the season tickets , there's only  the Habs to use as PR for their clients .  They don't even watch the game.
    Then there's the type fan that go to the game ,  think only Habs , know nothing about the rest of the league or a matter of fact "hockey" , they're like a teen bopper at a concert . Screaming , pulling their hair, and BOOING ! 
    Maybe it's an inferiority complex they've built through the years of the city going through the grinder that they feel they have to put the their cities down.
    Now,  at the old Forum,  that  was passion,  that was class and 90% were great hockey fans.
    I'm not saying Hab fans are all obnoxious , the majority are smart and knowledgable fans in Montreal, even some that come on these boards but not the ones at their games with the exception of a few.
    Right now when I'm at a game at the Garden I still don't see this trend and hope Bruin fans remain true. 
    In the end Boston has the Sox (frig losing again to the Yanks), Celtics, Patriots.,  Bruins and also the Revolution. Montreal only has hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low!:
    Eh, they're resting on their laurels. The Hab-Nots haven't done squat for the last 15 years, not including the lockout season. Posted by BruWingFan

I dont think we should be calling any team out for not doing squat...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

In the end Boston has the Sox (frig losing again to the Yanks), Celtics, Bruins and also the Revolution. Montreal only has hockey.
    Posted by BsLegion

Revolution?? How about that little team called the New England Patriots...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sparklemahn. Show Sparklemahn's posts

Penguins are gonna be very tough to dethrone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low! : Revolution?? How about that little team called the New England Patriots...
    Posted by BoonieMcKutchins

oops  ,  100% correct ,  not done on purpose.  Just didn't type it.  Let me edit my post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

65% of the fans at the Bell Centre are not real hockey fans.  Some of those are all the bandwagoners that jumped to the success the Habs had two years ago. Along with the 100 year anniversary. Some of those fans are just their at the games cause corporations in Montreal have a good chunk of the season tickets , there's only  the Habs to use as PR for their clients .  They don't even watch the game. Then there's the type fan that go to the game ,  think only Habs , know nothing about the rest of the league or a matter of fact "hockey" , they're like a teen bopper at a concert . Screaming , pulling their hair, and BOOING !  Maybe it's an inferiority complex they've built through the years of the city going through the grinder that they feel they have to put the their cities down. Now,  at the old Forum,  that  was passion,  that was class and 90% were great hockey fans. I'm not saying Hab fans are all obnoxious , the majority are smart and knowledgable fans in Montreal, even some that come on these boards but not the ones at their games with the exception of a few. Right now when I'm at a game at the Garden I still don't see this trend and hope Bruin fans remain true.  In the end Boston has the Sox (frig losing again to the Yanks), Celtics, Patriots.,  Bruins and also the Revolution. Montreal only has hockey.
    Posted by BsLegion

The trend is the same everywhere, Bs, even in Boston. Every time I sit in the lower bowl of most arenas (Boston and Montreal included) I'm amazed by the amount of people who show up late, leave early, and don't really give a rip about the game going on in front of them. Hell, if the scoreboard didn't say MAKE NOISE...LOUDER!!!!! they basically don't even know when to cheer, unless a goal is scored.

I've been to a lot of NHL arenas over the past 10-15 years, and the corporate-ization of the fan experience is staggering. It's affected all major hockey cities, Boston and Montreal included.

Back on the topic, classless shirts aren't something to whine about. I don't think the maker of the shirt is really wishing death on Chara or Lucic, and if SeaDogBrewin (the starter of this topic) does, he's out of his mind. It's really no different than any of the shirts one can buy outside of Fenway Park related to the Yankees...certainly nothing to get upset about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I hate to say it, because it's a compliment to them.  I wish all the teams had fans as passionate.  Smarter and not banana bandits, but passionate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

$500 for a rink side seat up there - so there's a status factor of warming up a seat.
    Lots of French Canadians with big chips on their shoulder - LOTS.
    LOTS of people in Quebec still want to secede from Canada, so what would their opinion be of the USA?

Mix all that together along with actual hockey fans and what happens is what you see.

Hey - and to show that I'm even handed, here in Boston
    We have those idiots who think they are going to the WWF
    We have all those people who moved to Boston, who are terrified of snow and cold and go so they can have their kids on the jumbotron.
    Those people get me to contemplate suicide, they really do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Montreals new low!:
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27462-The-Straight-Edge-Die-Chara-die.html I think what's more irritating is that the writer Ryan Kennedy thinks it's cool. Booing the american national anthem was one of the lowest but as always Canadien fans can top themselves... “I don’t think we’ll boo Kovalev, though we’re still booing Daniel Briere for not signing here three years ago,” she speculated. “It’ll be more against Komisarek. Ottawa’s not that bad, but signing with Toronto? You don’t do that.” Yawn! When do the Bs break from camp Oct. what ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Of course Montreal fans are going to boo Komisarek for signing with Toronto, just as Red Sox fans booed Johnny Damon for signing with the Yankees. Montreal fans hate Toronto. It'd be a shock if they didn't boo him.

The problem with Montreal fans is twofold, and can be see in other fan bases, though probably not to such a high degree. First of all is their sense of entitlement, which is similar to that of Yankees fans. You can't tell them that past glory and five bucks gets you a ride on the subway, they're too busy screaming "26 RINGS!" or similar nonsense at you. Secondly is their parochialism, which is shared in varying degrees by most other fan bases, but Montreal takes it to an extreme. Of COURSE Vinny LeCavalier should want to bleed bleu, blanc et rouge, why would he even consider any other team?

Of course, all this means is that it makes the Canadiens' failures and struggles (especially during their 'triumphant' 100th anniversary), all the more satisyfying. Haha.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Montreals new low! : Of course Montreal fans are going to boo Komisarek for signing with Toronto, just as Red Sox fans booed Johnny Damon for signing with the Yankees. Montreal fans hate Toronto. It'd be a shock if they didn't boo him. The problem with Montreal fans is twofold, and can be see in other fan bases, though probably not to such a high degree. First of all is their sense of entitlement, which is similar to that of Yankees fans. You can't tell them that past glory and five bucks gets you a ride on the subway, they're too busy screaming "26 RINGS!" or similar nonsense at you. Secondly is their parochialism, which is shared in varying degrees by most other fan bases, but Montreal takes it to an extreme. Of COURSE Vinny LeCavalier should want to bleed bleu, blanc et rouge, why would he even consider any other team? Of course, all this means is that it makes the Canadiens' failures and struggles (especially during their 'triumphant' 100th anniversary), all the more satisyfying. Haha.
    Posted by duinne

Kennedy you're correct on the corpo fan.
    and Duinne,  you're talking about same type as I mentioned.

Then there's the type fan that go to the game ,  think only Habs , know nothing about the rest of the league or a matter of fact "hockey" .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Penguins are gonna be very tough to dethrone.
    Posted by Sparklemahn

wrong...i'll give 10 to 1 odds that the pens don't win the cup next year, you can't get that lucky twice in a row

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

What do urine samples and Canadian beer have in common?

The taste.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Just imagine the fun we'd have if the Canadiens miss the playoffs in 2009-10 and how we could rag on any Canadien's fan we want. Something to look forward to this coming season. Speaking of which, I haven't seen hide nor hair of that dimbumb Luanne since her precious team got waxed by the Bruins in the first round. Too bad her team didn't provide more of a challenge. We might have been more ready for the Hurricanes in the second round.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low! : Kennedy you're correct on the corpo fan. and Duinne,  you're talking about same type as I mentioned. Then there's the type fan that go to the game ,  think only Habs , know nothing about the rest of the league or a matter of fact "hockey" .
    Posted by BsLegion

There's that type of fan in every city. There are just more of them in Montreal's fan base than, say, St. Louis because there are more Habs fans than Blues fans (and for that matter, Bruins fans as well).

To an earlier point, that's why rinkside seats "are $500" (they're not--they're considerably more). The front office doesn't charge that much; the demand simply dictates it. Montreal is a massively popular team, and with lots of fans you get lots of knowledgable people and at the same time lots of idiots. The reality is that usually, it's the latter group that gets more of the attention. And you see that played out here: the Montreal fan who posts moronic anti-USA garbage and the Bruins fan who uses all 3 f-words "French, f*g, and frog" as an insult despite some of their best players (including their second best in franchise history, most likely) hailing from Quebec. There was a lot more of that in the playoffs when the teams met than there was decent hockey talk. Whoever mentioned Luanne was gone, simply count your blessings and don't ask why, just celebrate that she is, as she's the perfect example!

As for the 24 Cups/ 26 rings thing, one of my favourite jokes is "How many Habs fans does it take to change a light bulb? 4: 1 to change the bulb, and 3 to talk about how great the old bulb used to be." It's funny because it's true....at the same time, there is also a history in Montreal that is second to none when it comes to the NHL, and expecting people not to be proud of it is silly.  It's just unfortunate for people here that a lot of it came at the expense of the USA's first NHL team, the Boston Bruins! :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low! classless shirts aren't something to whine about. I don't think the maker of the shirt is really wishing death on Chara or Lucic, and if SeaDogBrewin (the starter of this topic) does, he's out of his mind. It's really no different than any of the shirts one can buy outside of Fenway Park related to the Yankees...certainly nothing to get upset about.
    Posted by Kennedy97

SeaDog hmm there could be a name for me in the near future. Whiner never...Out of my mind absolutely thanks for reminding me Mr. Kennedy. Yes you are correct classless shirts have been in our presence for quit some time point taken.

However as much hatred i've had for Kordic, Nilan, Komisarek, Begin etc. and I've screamed at a TV for them to die but I would not wish it upon them. I've had a few "Yankees _____s" shirts but i've yet to see one that wishes a player to die. Big difference in the 2 shirts and to say that is not whining.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low! : Big difference in the 2 shirts and to say that is not whining.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Right. One is done by a team you support. One isn't. That overall is the BIGGEST difference between the two.

What's the difference in your admission of screaming at the TV for a player to "die" and wearing the message on a shirt? I highly doubt either person  (you or some dope who buys one of these shirts) wishes actual death on anyone--it's a figure of speech. Some may not like the reality that death/killing IS a figure of speech, but that's just the way it is. Statements like "I'll kill the next person who (insert activity here)" are commonplace, and like it or not it's a regular part of the vernacular.

As such, making an issue out of these shirts and stating that the makers are actually wishing death upon Chara (and eventually Lucic) is a huge leap of "logic".  Are they classless? Sure. Are they a big "OMG a new low for Montreal"? Nope.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I don't know about you but I can talk for myself and when I played organized sports being hockey, soccer or football.
    When I would say " Kill him"  it's not being said literally but in sports talk this means the hurt him. In hockey it's bury him into the boards or something like that BUT DIE CHARA DIE .... that is a little classless .  I never saw a t-shirt saying DIE DAMON DIE or DIE PRICE DIE or DIE LAFLEUR DIE .  Anways you get my point.
    Hey KENNEDY97 I do like your plates " Live free or die "  Now that I honestly say is class.
    You cannot say Sandog being wrong on the t-shirt thing . 
    The point of all this is this T-shirt creator is she's an idiot and that is the only way she can display her veiw of being a hockey fan ??  Can't wait to see the work of genious on this new Lucic t-shirt.  I bet she can't even name 5 players of the Habs cup winning team in '79.
    Proves my point on what we spoke about earlier , inferiority complex !  That's how a Montrealer (putting aside being a fan of the Habs) tries to feel better about themselves. Pathetic !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

I don't know about you but I can talk for myself and when I played organized sports being hockey, soccer or football. When I would say " Kill him"  it's not being said literally but in sports talk this means the hurt him. In hockey it's bury him into the boards or something like that BUT DIE CHARA DIE .... that is a little classless .  I never saw a t-shirt saying DIE DAMON DIE or DIE PRICE DIE or DIE LAFLEUR DIE .  Anways you get my point. Hey KENNEDY97 I do like your plates " Live free or die "  Now that I honestly say is class. You cannot say Sandog being wrong on the t-shirt thing .  The point of all this is this T-shirt creator is she's an idiot and that is the only way she can display her veiw of being a hockey fan ??  Can't wait to see the work of genious on this new Lucic t-shirt.  I bet she can't even name 5 players of the Habs cup winning team in '79. Proves my point on what we spoke about earlier , inferiority complex !  That's how a Montrealer (putting aside being a fan of the Habs) tries to feel better about themselves. Pathetic !
    Posted by BsLegion

Of course it's classless. I said that already.

However, SanDog seems to think it's some sort of outrage--a "new low" he calls it, worse even than when the anthem gets booed. And I'm sorry, that's just stupid: booing the anthem is much more of an outrage than some loser making up T-shirts which anyone with any semblance of a brain has to admit do not REALLY wish for anyone's actual death.*

I would bet that you can find plenty of people at the TDBankNorthFleetCenter wouldn't be able to name 5 members of the 1979 Bruins team, either. Idiot fans with no sense of history is likewise not a big deal, and every team has plenty of those. In fact, I would bet  there would be plenty of fans who couldn't name 5 Bruins who were on the 1990 Bruins team, the one that in recent memory has come closest to the Cup.  What's your point? Or are you suggesting Bruins fans as a whole are very well versed in their Black & Gold history, much more so than their Montreal counterparts are on theirs? (If so, you have to be kidding me--once they said "Bourque" and "Neely", lots of attendees at a Bruins game would have to hope that someone played for the team named "Ummmmmmmm" or "Uhhhhhh".)

*If the shirt maker comes out and says "Yes, I mean it. I won't be satisfied until I see Zdeno Chara and Milan Lucic's coffins being lowered into the ground", I'll retract this statement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Montreals new low! : However, SanDog seems to think it's some sort of outrage--a "new low" he calls it, worse even than when the anthem gets booed. And I'm sorry, that's just stupid: booing the anthem is much more of an outrage than some loser making up T-shirts which anyone with any semblance of a brain has to admit do not REALLY wish for anyone's actual death.* If the shirt maker comes out and says "Yes, I mean it. I won't be satisfied until I see Zdeno Chara and Milan Lucic's coffins being lowered into the ground", I'll retract this statement.
    Posted by Kennedy97

There's a big differnce between Outraged and a "New Low". I'm not outraged at all by the shirt but I do think it's a new low but not lower than booing the national anthem. I agree with someone making a Tshirt that's states "Kill Chara" is a loser.

I doubt very much I will never see a Bruins Tshirt that says "Die Georges Laraque Die" or "Kill Lapierre." which tells me I have a semblance of a brain which the maker of those shirts do not. Sorry you missed the point Kennedy97 I doubt you'll ever be SATISFIED.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

So a guy finds a T-shirt, on a hanger, in a store, with unsavory words printed on it and he proceeds to writes an article about this stunning discovery... 6 weeks later. Wow! Probably mailed it in too. I won't even attempt to refute established delusions about how bloodthirsty and narrow-minded people are up here (BTW, guys, please stop projecting your own emotions onto others), but if this proves anything it's that August is a very slow month for hockey news
    And just in case you're wondering, NOBODY in Montreal has herd about this (one) T-shirt. But I'm sure a handful of pseudo-hip, attention-seeking teenagers will fall for this type of offensive garbage.
    Cheers! from Mtl   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yikes. I hate the habs as much as the next guy but to insult Canadian beer is to take it a bit too far, Skas. The microbrews here can be heavenly.

Respect to the beer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Yikes. I hate the habs as much as the next guy but to insult Canadian beer is to take it a bit too far, Skas . The microbrews here can be heavenly. Respect to the beer.
    Posted by BruinsUnite

Post of the thread. :)

Sections
Shortcuts