MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE!

THE BOSTON GLOBE SPORTS SECTION SEEMS TO HAVE ENOUGH NEWS FOR THE RED SOX AND PATRIOTS TO HAVE SOMETHING NEW EVERYDAY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE!

There are things happening with the Pats and the Sox.  There is nothing happening with the Bruins.  Would you like them to make things up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I voted less news out of spite.  JULY/AUGUST ARE DEAD MONTHS!!!

Dont sports writers fabricate news enough?  To imply that the Globe should focus on the Bruins (when there is nothing to focus on) is to imply that you want the journalists to reach for meaningless articles.  Do  you really need another article about the cap situation?  The depth at center?  What Seguin did in juniors?  Recchi's career reflected....Everything that can be spoken on has been beaten to death at this point.

As of right now, more Bruins fans care more about the sox (currently fighting for a playoff berth) and the patriots (training camp has opened).  Why?  Because there is nothing to report  on the Bruins, and all articles at this time are just be redundant puff pieces.  The Globe is in enough financial trouble.  They need to keep their focus on what the majority of their followers want, and right now, that isn't hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

"In Bruins news today, Blake Wheeler and his new wife spent the day writing thank-you notes, David Krejci went swimming on Cape Cod, narrowly avoiding being eaten by a shark, and Marc Savard shot a 63 at the Peterborough Country Club."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"...First on the list was arbitrator Susan Flubleflueber."

"...Krejci was put in jeopardy when a frisbee thrown by Zdeno Chara led him off the side of their rented yacht and directly in a recently chummed stretch of water."

"...Savard would have shot a course record, but blamed Vladimir Sobotka for missed putts on 10, 15, and a crucial bogie on 18."

You've got at least 30 lives you could be writing about.  That's a lot of material, especially when you look at how those lives might intersect with the fate of the Bruins.  I'd read an update on Jamie Arniel.  I'd be curious to read about Ryder - what he's doing this off-season to get sharper, how he's dealing with the family trouble, whether he feels like his spot on the team or in the league is precarious.  There are a lot of stories to be written about this team, and the majority will get lost the second the season starts and the news is the massive fluctuation in goals against from one game to the next.  "Bruins' team GAA doubles after 3-2 win!  Is the defense good enough?!"

But then, I'm talking about stories and not news.  I like stories.  Journalism is losing the story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE!:
    "In Bruins news today, Blake Wheeler and his new wife spent the day writing thank-you notes, David Krejci went swimming on Cape Cod, narrowly avoiding being eaten by a shark, and Marc Savard shot a 63 at the Peterborough Country Club."
    Posted by duinne

Easy with the shark talk. I've hidden the news from my wife about the great whites  !!!!  This weekend we'll be cruising the coast line from the Cape to Martha's Vineyard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I agree with those who say it's summer, thus not much is happening with the Bruins right now, and thus The Globe will concentrate more on the Sox and Pats.

But as any Bruins news from just about any newspaper, article, or Twitter is usually conveyed to these BDC threads quite speedily from Bruins fans all over the place, it doesn't really matter where Bruins news comes from (The Hockey News, NESN, TSN, Canadian newspapers, BDC, etc). One need just stay tuned to these BDC Bruins threads.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Bruins signs their No. 1 pick (2nd overall) and the main news on the Globe is Youkillis on the DL !

Why Bruins are ignored like that in Boston's medias ?????

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

3 biggest news this summer

Nathan Horton with the B's
    B's drafted and signd Tyler Seguin
    Blake Wheeler with the Bruins in 2010-2011

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bruins signs their No. 1 pick (2nd overall) and the main news on the Globe is Youkillis on the DL ! Why Bruins are ignored like that in Boston's medias ?????
    Posted by Peanator

Red Sox fans probably outnumber Bruins fans by 200 to 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan4ever2010. Show Bostonfan4ever2010's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Red Sox fans probably outnumber Bruins fans by 200 to 1.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS you are exaggerating to make your point but I have a prediction for you in 6-8 years Boston will be a hockey town again.  Close to 70s levels.  Bs fans will not be outnumbered even 2-1 by Pats fans.  The Red Sox will continue to own the town until my kids are my age then who knows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IcedAdam. Show IcedAdam's posts

Bishop of Bostonbruins.com is doing a "by the numbers" series, where he is catching up with all the players and what they did for the off season, expectations this season, etc.

Its not riveting writing, but its more on the "story" side of things that helps pass the late summer months.  It was nice to see Paille admit that he couldn't bury chances and what he is doing to hopefully fix that problem.

The More You Know...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Red Sox fans probably outnumber Bruins fans by 200 to 1.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Im a fan of both....

Youkillis to the DL (pretty much means red sox season is over) is much more important news than Seguin signed the contract that we all knew he was going to sign.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Bishop of Bostonbruins.com is doing a "by the numbers" series, where he is catching up with all the players and what they did for the off season, expectations this season, etc. Its not riveting writing, but its more on the "story" side of things that helps pass the late summer months.  It was nice to see Paille admit that he couldn't bury chances and what he is doing to hopefully fix that problem. The More You Know...
    Posted by IcedAdam

That's true - there are certainly more options if someone's jonesing for Bruins "news" than the Globe. I like featurey stuff myself (I geeked out at Krejci's tales of visiting the Cape and Lake Winnepesaukee), but guys like Lord Dupont can't be bothered with that sort of fluff. (Then again, if I was a Bruins player and Dupont called me, I'd hang up.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : NAS you are exaggerating to make your point but I have a prediction for you in 6-8 years Boston will be a hockey town again.  Close to 70s levels.  Bs fans will not be outnumbered even 2-1 by Pats fans.  The Red Sox will continue to own the town until my kids are my age then who knows.
    Posted by Bostonfan4ever2010

I don't think that's an exaggeration at all.  I think 200:1 might be conservative.  Red Sox Nation is a world wide epidemic.  If you walk down any street in American, and many streets in other countries, and ask passersby who the baseball team in Boston is, most people would know the answer.  On the contrary, overall, I bet most people wouldn't be able to name the hockey team from Boston. 

It's not a slight on the Bruins.  Baseball is that much more popular than hockey. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Im a fan of both.... Youkillis to the DL (pretty much means red sox season is over) is much more important news than Seguin signed the contract that we all knew he was going to sign.....
    Posted by Drewski5

It felt like magic Saturday , afternoon game, 9th inning win and the night was young !!!  CLIMAX !
    Youk, Anti-climax !
    This is the time of year I hang on to baseball waiting for hockey to start then October has been great as you finish watching hockey and then catch the remaining of the ball game or going back and forth of course. I guess not this season. Downer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

If you compare the Bs offseason news total to that of the Red Sox and Patriots, you see the Globe cover the Sox and Pats almost everyday. The Bs, they hardly cover once a week.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If you compare the Bs offseason news total to that of the Red Sox and Patriots, you see the Globe cover the Sox and Pats almost everyday. The Bs, they hardly cover once a week.
    Posted by McKodiak5

I think McKodiak does have a point.  I understand there isn't much happening and I don't want more articles comparing Seguin and Hall, but then again, people like Kalman and the NE Hockey Journal seem to have articles much more often than the Globe staff and they are almost always interesting.  The Globe does more coverage of the other three Boston teams than the Bruins, even in the offseason.  I'm not exactly fired up about this, but I also wouldn't mind a few more offseason articles from Fluto or KPD, similar to Kalman.  Not sure why everyone is piling on McKodiak just for suggesting it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : I think McKodiak does have a point.  I understand there isn't much happening and I don't want more articles comparing Seguin and Hall, but then again, people like Kalman and the NE Hockey Journal seem to have articles much more often than the Globe staff and they are almost always interesting.  The Globe does more coverage of the other three Boston teams than the Bruins, even in the offseason.  I'm not exactly fired up about this, but I also wouldn't mind a few more offseason articles from Fluto or KPD, similar to Kalman.  Not sure why everyone is piling on McKodiak just for suggesting it.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Football and baseball are much more popular than hockey, so the coverage of them is going to be much greater anywhere all four sports are covered.

NEHJ and Kalman are hockey only, so they have to write hockey stuff to keep relevant.

Hockey is the fourth horse in a four horse race.  That's not going to change any time soon. 

Baseball:  In season.

Football:  In training camp

Hockey:  There is nothing at all happening for a month.

Basketball:  There is nothing happening for two months.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Football and baseball are much more popular than hockey, so the coverage of them is going to be much greater anywhere all four sports are covered. NEHJ and Kalman are hockey only, so they have to write hockey stuff to keep relevant. Hockey is the fourth horse in a four horse race.  That's not going to change any time soon.  Baseball:  In season. Football:  In training camp Hockey:  There is nothing at all happening for a month. Basketball:  There is nothing happening for two months.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

And i believe (within the last 90 minutes) that the C's just signed Shaq. So there is news there too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by McKodiak5

McKodiak,  not sure where you're from but as stated here already generally in the U.S. , baseball and football (among others) are just more popular, watched more and followed. Besides in New England it's a fact that there are much more readers that follow the Red Sox and Pats in New England over the Bruins. The Globe will go with those numbers, remember this is a local paper. 
    I for one see they've done a pretty good job putting updates under their hockey notebook for an off season.
    This is not Montreal or Edmonton where truthfully they only have hockey to talk about 365 days a year.
    If the Bruins were behind the Revs then I'de worry. Just put it to bed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Football and baseball are much more popular than hockey, so the coverage of them is going to be much greater anywhere all four sports are covered. NEHJ and Kalman are hockey only, so they have to write hockey stuff to keep relevant. Hockey is the fourth horse in a four horse race.  That's not going to change any time soon.  Baseball:  In season. Football:  In training camp Hockey:  There is nothing at all happening for a month. Basketball:  There is nothing happening for two months.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yeah, I undertsand all that, but Fluto and KPD are hockey-only writers, just like Kalman.  No big deal, but Kalman finds interesting things to write about, even in the offseason.  It would be fun if Fluto did too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : And i believe (within the last 90 minutes) that the C's just signed Shaq. So there is news there too.
    Posted by Drewski5

And in recent Bruins news, David Krejci will play center this season.  Also, Patrice Bergeron will continue to wear #37.  Finally, in news that should be reported on a daily basis because the fans need news on nothing, the ice at the Garden will be cold.

Coming up tomorrow:  Claude Julien is bald, #4 for the Bruins will continue to be retired, and hockey pucks stay black.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: MORE BRUINS NEWS PLEASE! : Yeah, I undertsand all that, but Fluto and KPD are hockey-only writers, just like Kalman.  No big deal, but Kalman finds interesting things to write about, even in the offseason.  It would be fun if Fluto did too.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I agree, but you also have to consider who Fluto answers to. The Globe is covering hockey (and baseball, etc.) for the average fan, not the geek. Geeks seek out blog like Kalman's and the NEHJ because they want in-depth coverage of all the nuances. Joe Fan reads Fluto to find out whether Chiarelli made a big trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

There's a new writer for NESN (at least I think he's new to NESN) and he has been writing new articles about the Bruins nearly every day.  For what it's worth...

http://www.nesn.com/boston-bruins/

Sections
Shortcuts