More Kessel trade talk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

More Kessel trade talk

From todays NY Post:

"The Bruins, we're told by a well-placed informant, are talking with "two West Coast" clubs about a deal for unsigned Group II winger Phil Kessel. B's are allegedly seeking a young roster player, a prospect and a first-rounder."
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/08022009/sports/moresports/early_bucks_do_players_no_favors_in_the__182553.htm?page=2

And TFP:
    Kessel, 21, is believed to be looking for a large contract worth around $5 million, while the Bruins are hoping he signs for closer to what David Krejci received ($3.75 million per year).
    http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos090802.html

Can you say, "hold-out"?  Kessel is NOT worth $5 mil/yr.

Don't shoot the messenger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: More Kessel trade talk

Kessel is dreaming if he think he's getting 5 mil a year.  If he's pulling this at age 21, I say trade this clown.  Another reason why Krejci is worth more than him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

TFP is just a rumor website.  One of the better ones, but still a rumor website.  This is the first time I've heard of him asking for 5M.

Chiarelli is using his best option right now, which is patience.  There is no offer sheet coming with a potentially lowering cap and most other teams having their own cap issues.  I wouldn't expect to see any further action til late September/October.  Kessel wouldn't even be playing then due to his surgery.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Kessel was asked by some press person if he was holding out for $5 million, and he just laughed.  Most knowledgable posters in these forums think the figure is in the 3.5 range, and PC may well be offering quite a bit less.

The RFA offer sheets coming have been underwhelming.

A first round pick from SJ would not be very high, so the prosepcts would have to be good ones.  Then too, we are loaded with prospect talent.  

Also, does SJ have cap space to sign Kessel even if they trade for his rights?  They may be in the same boat we are in.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: More Kessel trade talk:
    Kessel was asked by some press person if he was holding out for $5 million, and he just laughed. ...

I read that also but more likely it is something between Krecji $$ and $5 mil, but long term. I would think if they get what they are asking in a trade for Kessel it would make sense to make the deal but if not, as you said, there is no rush to sign him now because he won't be playing until Nov anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

I got a great idea. How about we NOT trade Phil Kessel, wait until December and then sign him to a 2 year deal when a) he really is fidgety and wants to play b) his pro-rated salary will fit in the Cap for 2009-10 and we can free up some salary space for 2010-11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Why cant Kessel have Krejci's attitude?  Be happy to be 21 years old and making 2-3 million dollars a year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

I think Kessel wants out of Boston.  He's probably asking for however much more than what PC has in mind to accomplish that.
    Posted by MedfordMickey

Why do you think that?  I heard he loves it here and really enjoys that his brother is close by playing hockey also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I remember seeing a Recchi quote from the end of the season saying, "99% of the guys in that locker room want to win."

I was thinking that Kessel was that 1% maybe.  Remember all the maturity issues that came up when we first joined the B's.  I hope he realizes that his best option is to sign with Boston.  The absolute worst thing he could do for himself is to sit out. 

As far as going to San Jose, their needs are on the blue line.  That's the only reason these rumors don't make sense to me... UNLESS it's part of a package deal involving Edmonton/Montreal that I keep hearing about.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

We have a lot of forward prospects who will probably make the NHL at some poing. But the D and G pickings are a lot slimmer, as in possibly two dmen after Boychuk (Alexanderov, Penner), and much as I like the Kevin Reagan, he's go a long road ahead of him if he's going to make it to Boston, and have it be in a Bruins uniform.

Kessel was asked by some press person if he was holding out for $5 million, and he just laughed.  Most knowledgable posters in these forums think the figure is in the 3.5 range, and PC may well be offering quite a bit less.   The RFA offer sheets coming have been underwhelming. A first round pick from SJ would not be very high, so the prosepcts would have to be good ones.  Then too, we are loaded with prospect talent.   Also, does SJ have cap space to sign Kessel even if they trade for his rights?  They may be in the same boat we are in.  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Boston is a tough sports town,they tend to love the big names or hate them.Putting the $$$$$$$$   issue aside this young kid was labeled a year ago year, and has been fighting an uphill battle ever since. 36 goals later,the goals were not good enough.Part of me says come out with your hurt shoulder and show them more,and part says give Boston the middle finger and ask for more money than they can afford.Is it really about the money for Kessel??????? or respect?????????? If he turned down Krejci money, the guy wants out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mazmania. Show mazmania's posts

From what I understand , Kessel will be out until december . There is no rush to sign him. The B's will probably give him a pro rated deal. Then go through arbitration next year. Can we please stop talking about this and the bogus trade rumors. I'm tired of reading post after post made by 12 year old GM's . Let Chiarelli handle this.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

mazmania if u don't want to read this the why did u click on this forum or why do u even come to the discussion part of the site? so don't complain about our opinions as far as what we want to see the bruins do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Kessel is dreaming if he think he's getting 5 mil a year.  If he's pulling this at age 21, I say trade this clown.  Another reason why Krejci is worth more than him.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Hey Krazy, how the he ll do you know anything about K's attitude?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well BU i suppose he doesn't but there was a good article about how krejci settled for his contract when he could have gotten more because he likes it here, tough standards to hold a 21 year old to

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoJo30. Show DoJo30's posts

One of the Teams has to be Edmonton. If they were willing to pay heatley 7mil they'd be willing to give kessel  5

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

From what I understand , Kessel will be out until december . There is no rush to sign him. The B's will probably give him a pro rated deal. Then go through arbitration next year. Can we please stop talking about this and the bogus trade rumors. I'm tired of reading post after post made by 12 year old GM's . Let Chiarelli handle this.
    Posted by mazmania

I see this was your first post. If you made it just to say that then I applaud you. I couldn't agree more. Let what happens happen. Leave it to Chiarelli.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Blum would be a nice addition if we pull of this deal with NSH

Sections
Shortcuts