Morris and Hunwick, still on holidays?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Morris and Hunwick, still on holidays?

So..........defense??? Shoulda put a predators jersey on Morris. I knew he wasn't the strongest d-man, but that bad???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Re: Morris and Hunwick, still on holidays?

I agree, I don't think Morris has been very good at all. Yet I saw the donkey Fluto say that Morris has been their best defenseman. I was shocked when I saw that. Morris is a -5 in the plus/minus department, by far the worst on the team. Fluto went on to say that it shows that Chara hasn't been good either. I understand Chara hasn't been himself yet but at least he is an even plus/minus rating. When you are a -5 and your partner is even that doesn't speak to well for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Morris just scored his 1st boston goal

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from havelrstarm. Show havelrstarm's posts

In Response to Re: Morris and Hunwick, still on holidays?:
    [QUOTE]Morris just scored his 1st boston goal
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

LOOKS LIKE THE DRUNK IS OUT OF DETOX

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If you say Morris is worthless you guys are not paying attention .
    He scored tonite , made a good breakout pass for the Bruins 3rd goal (and he's one of the best on the team on the first outlet pass).
    Last nite he saved a goal but could have been at fault for Preds 2nd goal not clearing the front of the net but all in all he's been playing well.
    Chara , for me , is not playing as the Norris trophy winner.

and your subject mentions Hunwick also?? keep it coming because he scored also.

Begin " Morris sent me off with a great pass through the seam ......."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Great set up by Chara, great shot from Morris, and an even better screne from Ryder. And a great giveaway by Morris late in the 3rd leading to a breakaway. For all the good things he occasionally does he makes plenty of bonehead plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pentaxian82. Show Pentaxian82's posts

I'm pretty fed up with the lazy play the bruins keep displaying... particularly in their own end.  First Hunwick's weak pass back towards Rask and then Morris's lazy pass back to Chara while on the PP giving up a 1 v 1 with seconds left in the third period with the game tied.  I have no confidence in either player or this team... and even though Hunwick may get credit for the 2nd goal in the flyers game... the entire teams play has been aweful with only three exceptions Bergereon and Ryder and Begin.  Everyone else is playing like horse manure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yes agree he did make a telephone pass to Chara . Carter read it all the way .
    I still say 1 saw more pluses than negatives in tonites game by Morris. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Hunwick had a rough game but also showed flashes throughout the game and I chalk this up to him still growing as a defensemen. I thought Morris had one of his strongest games of the season tonight and although he had a bad giveaway I saw alot worse from Wideman again tonight.

Best forward line was the Bergeron line was again and Chara looks like he is just going through the paces someone needs to wake this guy up, when Simon Gagne muscles Chara off the puck there is just no excuse

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick played well last night vs Philly. Got his third goal, which is three more than a lot of guys. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Morris? He played his best game last night. It was (again) Wideman that looked hurendous. The guy doe NOT skate and routinely gets caught trying to make a pass too late. My votes for worse D-men to date are Ference and Wideman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

In Response to Re: Morris and Hunwick, still on holidays?:
    [QUOTE]Morris? He played his best game last night. It was (again) Wideman that looked hurendous. The guy doe NOT skate and routinely gets caught trying to make a pass too late. My votes for worse D-men to date are Ference and Wideman.
    Posted by bridgemanusa[/QUOTE]

Fully agree on the Wideman looking horrible out there. One play where wideman was  skating backwards in his zone going for the puck, seemed like he was gonna trip. Aside from a few players, they all seem to be stckhandling a hot potato.

Bergeron looks great out there,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I am miffed as to why they are not playing Boychuck. They need to bench either Ference or Wideman and play Boychuck if not for a better Dman but to at least send a message. The kid is tougher and more talented (not to mention cheaper) then either of the aforementioned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from francisdufour. Show francisdufour's posts

I don't know where all that Morris bashing comes from: he's by far the best D after Z this year!!!  Maybe some people are still not digesting the Wardo departure?!?  You need to look in another direction if you want to complain about the Bruins D: Ference & Stuart were AWFULLY AWFUL the last 3 games: one mistake after another.  Please bring back Boychuk & sit one of those 2.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shawnjararita. Show shawnjararita's posts

Wideman is the worst player on the ice.  We need to bench him and replace him with any warm body that knows how to skate and play hockey.  Wideman was atrocious against Philly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Stuart??  I don't know I would nominate him as one of the worst.. Defensivley he is as solid as they come.. I think you can argue how good/bad Morris has been, certainly has added to the offense but is he actually helping on D.. Wideman as well.. I mean this is a team that needs cap room and we have almost 7 million tied up in those 2 guys..

Hunwick, I think has been good, and has been what is expected, a  good offensive defensemen, he needs work on th defensive end, and isnt going to win to many phsical battles...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Morris better thank Tuuka for saving his hide, that pass to Chara with seconds to go in the third was awful.

Team had good effort tonight, get a point on the road, against a good team.  especially with the injuries.

Lets get to the Winter Classic at least .500 and we should be fine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

morris isnt that good are you high or something he's are best d man he has like 6 points already n hunwick has 3 goals just dont get half you bruin fans you dont know s#!& all you do is talk about how bad we are this that the stanley cup not won in october

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

lucicanator17,
    I think part of it is that it is not easy to pick up when a defensemen is playing well (unless he is crushing people or putting the puck in the net consistently) but it is very easy to notice when he makes mistakes; especially since those mistakes have been costly pretty often this year.  This is why I rarely try to comment on defensive players, it is just too hard to gauge how well they are playing.
    The mistake count needs to go down, but I think what is more needed is backup.  When the defense is playing well, it should take two mistakes in a row to cause a problem, rather than just one being a disaster. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Lucic... I don't think i would call him our best, hes got 5 points while playing mostly with the first line.. and has the worst plus minus on the team -4 when no on else is worse then a -1..On top of the fact that Rask did save him last night, and thats not the first time one of the goalies has bailed him out...Besides wasn't he sold as a guy who was going to come in hear and score some goals??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Morris is making some sweet outlet passes and playing with Chara he will likely get better as he learns the system.  Lots of upside potential.

Stuart has an unusual bad game last night vs Phila.  He backed up too much on the second goal allowed, with Marchand a step behind his backcheck.  Then, Stuart got the cut and was down for Phila's third goal.

In general, Mark Stuart is a rock on our D and, I like to say, a developing Scott Stevens. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

We can focus on the bad, or we can realize that the team finally played back-to-back with effort.

From a Defensive standpoint I thought the Bruins, forwards included, have been in much better position in our own end then compared to earlier games. They are covering for mistakes or lost battles, and making it that much harder to score against them.  They can build off of these two games and continue to get that confidence back.  

This is a big month for them, and 3 points out of 4 without 2 key members is a great starting point to achieving that.  Oh, and say what you want about NSH, they gave Washington and Chicago a good run for their money too.

The biggest improvement was on special teams.  Which has really killed this team early in this season.  

Krejci will be fine, Bergeron is playing his best hockey since his injury and once Savard comes back and playing 100% the real team will start to show up as long as they can continue to improve on special teams and defensive coverage’s.  

If it takes till the end of the season to peak then so what, having that momentum, health and a team peaking at the right time is a better scenario then last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

well then id say all are d men arent good beside stuart chara isnt play like chara wideman fumble the puck all the time

Sections
Shortcuts