Morris - awful signing!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedBandG. Show BleedBandG's posts

Morris - awful signing!

I try to support this team and the moves that it makes, but this thing just makes me sick! This "we NEED an offensive minded defenseman" is utterly ridiculous - we scored the most goals in the E.C., 2nd in the entire league! Plus, we lost a solid guy on D for one who's scored more than 10 goals ONCE and whose career high is 48 (both in the same season for Colorado). Then, we sign him for $800k MORE (then add in Eaves' buyout for $400k, for a total of 1.2 mil!). I don't mind losing Ward, but to bring in someone who realistically is a 30-35 pt scorer (Chara & Wideman both had 50 last year) and is below average defensively is not a good trade-off.

This is for a team that has virtually no cap space (never mind signing Kessel, you don't have any room to manuver next March at the deadline) and is still making these bone-head moves because they've convinced themselves they need an "offensive minded guy".

Granted, I will wait and see what happens and maybe Morris has a good year, but what I think will happen (and what I hope doesn't) is that he will be responsible for more red lights in our end than in theirs. All for an extra $800k. Thank God it's only a 1 yr contract.

What's next, we trade Savard to clear space and keep a 20 pt scorer in Bergy? Look at the bright side though. At least he's good at defensive draws! That's definitely worth 4.75/per!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Re: Morris - awful signing!

In Response to Morris - awful signing!:
    [QUOTE]I try to support this team and the moves that it makes, but this thing just makes me sick! This "we NEED an offensive minded defenseman" is utterly ridiculous - we scored the most goals in the E.C., 2nd in the entire league! Plus, we lost a solid guy on D for one who's scored more than 10 goals ONCE and whose career high is 48 (both in the same season for Colorado). Then, we sign him for $800k MORE (then add in Eaves' buyout for $400k, for a total of 1.2 mil!). I don't mind losing Ward, but to bring in someone who realistically is a 30-35 pt scorer (Chara & Wideman both had 50 last year) and is below average defensively is not a good trade-off. This is for a team that has virtually no cap space (never mind signing Kessel, you don't have any room to manuver next March at the deadline) and is still making these bone-head moves because they've convinced themselves they need an "offensive minded guy". Granted, I will wait and see what happens and maybe Morris has a good year, but what I think will happen (and what I hope doesn't) is that he will be responsible for more red lights in our end than in theirs. All for an extra $800k. Thank God it's only a 1 yr contract. What's next, we trade Savard to clear space and keep a 20 pt scorer in Bergy? Look at the bright side though. At least he's good at defensive draws! That's definitely worth 4.75/per!
    Posted by BleedBandG[/QUOTE] You gave yourself away when you said (YOU don't have any room...) take your one post on here and crawl back to your hab site "troll".

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Lets see how he does in the a real system under claude!  Playing for phoenix had to hurt anyone's game..  The good news is that it is a 1 year contract and lets hope he works hard to earn a long term deal...  He is clearly an upgrade from Ward as Ward was hurt too many games..  Whether he is a 2 or a 3 is fine by me.. Lets be patient and see what Chia does here on in..  I like the move as Montador was killing me in the playoffs, Nidy is on the backside of his career put up  limited points on a team that led the league in points..Lets see what Morris can do.  Very exited about Hunwick and Wideman as they should be fun to watch..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

In Response to Re: Morris - awful signing!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Morris - awful signing! : You gave yourself away when you said ( YOU don't have any room...) take your one post on here and crawl back to your hab site "troll".
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Better to be a free thinking troll then a mindless lemming eh Pauly Jacobs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Gcoles.  Not happy with everything that is going on, but it beats sits in nose bleeds choking back a few beers wathching a shi$tty product.  We all heard the same rant on Ryder as he had a horrible season in Montreal and came alive when he came here.  I like the Morris signing, wished it was for less $$$, but D men that can remotely carry the puck are being paid well..  Morris will give us now 1 of 3 puck carrying D men and deep goaltending.  Say what you want about Jacobs, but the Bs are going to spend right to the cap and are on their way to another dynamic season.  I would like to see Kessel here, but if not we will move on. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

[QUOTE]  Say what you want about Jacobs, but the Bs are going to spend right to the cap and are on their way to another dynamic season. Posted by paulyboy[/QUOTE]

Another "Dynamic season" really? When was thier last Dynamic season?? I hope you are not referring to last year when they lost to a 6 seed on home ice in the second round...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Gcoles, Not sure who you are pulling for, bit it certainly ain't the Bs.  They have best year in over a decade and all you want to talk about is how cheap Jacobs is..  That story is old.  If you have issues with the way Chia is spending money then albeit or if you have issues with Clode then albeit, but the cap is the cap and the Bs will spend right up to it.  The only mindless lemming is you.. Why not pick a team to get behind like........ the Redwings or Penguins that way you will have nothing to complain about.  you will be the first one talking about how good morris is when you is putting in 10 goals and over 30 assists..  Oh by the way:   Dynamic

Vezina = Thomas
    Jennings=Fernandez
    Jack Adams = Julien
    Gm of the year = Chiarelli

Norris= Chara

Short of the Cup what more do you want?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Gcoles, Yes last year was a dynamic season. I've been cheering faithfully for the Beez since the late 70's and I don't remember a season as good as last year. Yes the playoffs were a dissapointment in the end. But we did crush the Habs. That counts for alot. I don't know about you but I watch the Bruins from preseason to the end. Just because you only start watching in the playoffs doesn't give you the right to say it was a bad season. Say what you want about last season, but you are dead wrong!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morris - awful signing! : Better to be a free thinking troll then a mindless lemming eh Pauly Jacobs
    Posted by gcoles[/QUOTE] Well at least you have come to terms with what you are. The next step is a big one. It's called reality...... Sorry this may be to much to ask in such a short time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Let's see, Ward first played in the NHL in 1993-4 and played 762 games to date, in those games he's scored 138 points, and despite being on 3 Cup winning teams, and having been on playoff teams the last two years is a career -26.

Morris who came into the NHL in 97-98 has played in 793 games and has 340 points and has only been to the playoffs twice, yet is a -24 in 30 more games, five less years and much, much worse teams.

Second, much as I like Ward he skated only slightly better than Murray did.

[QUOTE]I try to support this team and the moves that it makes, but this thing just makes me sick! This "we NEED an offensive minded defenseman" is utterly ridiculous - we scored the most goals in the E.C., 2nd in the entire league! Plus, we lost a solid guy on D for one who's scored more than 10 goals ONCE and whose career high is 48 (both in the same season for Colorado). Then, we sign him for $800k MORE (then add in Eaves' buyout for $400k, for a total of 1.2 mil!). I don't mind losing Ward, but to bring in someone who realistically is a 30-35 pt scorer (Chara & Wideman both had 50 last year) and is below average defensively is not a good trade-off. This is for a team that has virtually no cap space (never mind signing Kessel, you don't have any room to manuver next March at the deadline) and is still making these bone-head moves because they've convinced themselves they need an "offensive minded guy". Granted, I will wait and see what happens and maybe Morris has a good year, but what I think will happen (and what I hope doesn't) is that he will be responsible for more red lights in our end than in theirs. All for an extra $800k. Thank God it's only a 1 yr contract. What's next, we trade Savard to clear space and keep a 20 pt scorer in Bergy? Look at the bright side though. At least he's good at defensive draws! That's definitely worth 4.75/per!
    Posted by BleedBandG[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

We had to let someone go and Ward was it. I have good feeling Morris will pull for the BBB's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

[QUOTE]Gcoles, Not sure who you are pulling for, bit it certainly ain't the Bs.  They have best year in over a decade and all you want to talk about is how cheap Jacobs is..  Posted by paulyboy[/QUOTE]

HUH?? Now you are making things up or you have voices in your head? Where and when did I mention anything about Jacobs and money? Keep making things up you fraud.

Getting upset on home ice in the second round is NOT A DYNAMIC SEASON!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cashmuney49. Show cashmuney49's posts

It's not about goals , it's about the outlet pass. Morris is automatically the best on the team at this now. Wideman is getting there but needs some work. It's called stretching the ice and good for him for finally getting out of Phoenix. Morris is younger and plays in 80+ games a year. Yes, he missed a few last year while he was on the block and held out his contract is 05-06. But he is durable and Ward is becoming slower and less effective. Love Ward but support this move greatly.

Now we just need to find a team to take Ference off our hands, again love him when he play, and I mean WHEN he plays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

I like this signing a lot. He will make an immediate impact and will be offered multi year extension.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

bandgbleeder summed it all up for everyone who has an issue with it and cashmuney elaborated on why it was important (Ference was possibly your top D all around last year before his injury, never fully re-gained form.) Read there posts and shut up - PC & Claude know more than you!

And it was a dynamic season - it was also a dissappointing end - how many seasons of Bruins hockey can you remember where EVERYONE was as excited and into it as last year for the entire season? Quit being a whining Pink Hat and enjoy what we have going and developing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Decent signing. Much better choice than the ailing Zubov or Schneider. I have to admit I was surprised by the price tag, though. Thought maybe more in the mid-two's. He'll help the power play also. Had a sh*t go of it last year on the PP, but bet he comes back strong this season. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Would rather have the reliable and playoff tested Ward then an overpriced underwhelming Morris.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BleedBandG. Show BleedBandG's posts

[QUOTE]bandgbleeder summed it all up for everyone who has an issue with it and cashmuney elaborated on why it was important (Ference was possibly your top D all around last year before his injury, never fully re-gained form.) Read there posts and shut up - PC & Claude know more than you! And it was a dynamic season - it was also a dissappointing end - how many seasons of Bruins hockey can you remember where EVERYONE was as excited and into it as last year for the entire season? Quit being a whining Pink Hat and enjoy what we have going and developing.
    Posted by BradyBruin[/QUOTE]

I understand BandG and cashmuney's points. However, when a team is as tight against the cap as the B's are, do they really need to put another 1.2 mil on for a guy who, yes played on some sh*tty teams, but I believe to be overrated in the "offense" department. As for the outlet pass, it's ALL about goals. That's why they play the game. I can appreciate the outlet pass, but I guess we did pretty good last year without as good of one. Again, I don't mind getting rid of Ward, but to overvalue and overpay for something that really wasn't that much of a problem (puck moving D) is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that Ward is a better defender and shot blocker. I'm sorry but I'm not about to sacrifice better defense just so we have a guy who can make an outlet pass.

As for the stats, that's fine, but don't tell me that Ward isn't considered just as good of a veteran defender as Morris is offensively. That's what I'm afraid of - that we gave up a solid defender & shot blocker to get something that really was not an ABSOLUTE need and is not nearly the defender. I just don't want to see our goals aganist go up because we felt the need to have an outlet pass - for an extra 1.2 mil!

Finally, perhaps more moves will be made, but next March, I'm betting we could really use that extra 1.2 mil at the deadline...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayRap11. Show JayRap11's posts

3/4 of the people who post on these boards are absolute idiots.. Morris will be very very good in a Bruins uniform.. and last year was a dynamic season (if you watched the whole thing), and if it wasn't for two BS OT goals, they would have been in the 3rd round.. THEN, had Krejci, Kessel, and Hunwick all been healthy who knows what they would have done in the playoffs.. Half of these comments make me want to throw up.. All of you pretend Bruins fans, that hop on the bandwagon when they get in the playoffs get a life.. all season i saw NO BRUINS apparel anywhere, all of a sudden the B's are in the playoffs.. bang everyone comes out of the woodworks, and is a bruins fan again, everyone knows Lucic's last name, and how tall Z' is.. and then these bandwagon jumpers that know nothing about hockey judge the team based on their game 7 loss to the canes.. seems like a few of them are left over, and are still posting on these boards.. Your all a joke.. 

As for the B's they will be just fine.. With or Without Kessel.. ok im done with my little rant.. lets see what awsome responses we get from those so called "real bruins fans".. and for the actual Bruins fans, you know who you are, you dont need to get approval from any idiots on these boards that think they know how much you watch the B's or how close you actually follow the team..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

all you know it alls who say the morris signing is stupid.....and find fault with everything being done to build this team......should look back a few years to before pc took over.....he's building a winner.....keep complaining, but don`t take up space at the parade with that big bandwagon you jump on when they win the cup

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

just a thought...if you don`t like what the b`s are doing.....you can become habs fans

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morris - awful signing! : I understand BandG and cashmuney's points. However, when a team is as tight against the cap as the B's are, do they really need to put another 1.2 mil on for a guy who, yes played on some sh*tty teams, but I believe to be overrated in the "offense" department. As for the outlet pass, it's ALL about goals. That's why they play the game. I can appreciate the outlet pass, but I guess we did pretty good last year without as good of one. Again, I don't mind getting rid of Ward, but to overvalue and overpay for something that really wasn't that much of a problem (puck moving D) is ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that Ward is a better defender and shot blocker. I'm sorry but I'm not about to sacrifice better defense just so we have a guy who can make an outlet pass. As for the stats, that's fine, but don't tell me that Ward isn't considered just as good of a veteran defender as Morris is offensively. That's what I'm afraid of - that we gave up a solid defender & shot blocker to get something that really was not an ABSOLUTE need and is not nearly the defender. I just don't want to see our goals aganist go up because we felt the need to have an outlet pass - for an extra 1.2 mil! Finally, perhaps more moves will be made, but next March, I'm betting we could really use that extra 1.2 mil at the deadline...

Bleedbang, I'm with you 1,000,000,000,000%

Perhaps Ward is getting older, and perhaps Morris is an upgrade offensively, but was this move absolutely necessary? Ward was going to be a UFA after next year anyways? The way I saw it, with Wideman, Hunwick, and Ference all being able puck-movers, I felt like we had the perfect balance of defense and offense on our d-corps. But with this Morris signing, I really can't be sure this is what is going to help the Bruins come May. I feel like we were making moves for the sake of making moves, signings without substance. Especially with having to take on extra buyout-money because of Eaves. It just seems like we lost more than we gained.

It's the same thing with the Begin deal. Is Begin an upgrade from Yelle? Probably. But is he an upgrade from Sobotka? Definitely no. Why did we have to sign him? I understand that Begin had "successful" seasons under CJ, but is the new mission of the Boston Bruins to sign all the former Habs players who played for CJ to contracts? Granted, with Michael Ryder, there was a genuine need to acquire a goal scorer, after it became clear that the Marian Hossa fantasy was just that, a fantasy. But I can't see a need for Begin on this team, especially when his presence takes one more roster spot away from Sobotka and Zach Hamill and Brad Marchand. W/e, I hope PC knows what he's doing.

And to all you knuckleheads out there, we're allowed to criticize our team when they make what we perceive to be mistakes. It doesn't mean we're pinkhats/bandwagoners, nor are we from Mtl. Not all of us are on drugs and find BruinsWorld rosy and beautiful all the time...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Outlet passes equal goals. Good outlet passes make your transition game stronger,  faster and lead to more scoring opportunities. Love Ward, Morris is an upgrade. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morris - awful signing! : Bleedbang, I'm with you 1,000,000,000,000% Perhaps Ward is getting older, and perhaps Morris is an upgrade offensively, but was this move absolutely necessary? Ward was going to be a UFA after next year anyways? The way I saw it, with Wideman, Hunwick, and Ference all being able puck-movers, I felt like we had the perfect balance of defense and offense on our d-corps. But with this Morris signing, I really can't be sure this is what is going to help the Bruins come May. I feel like we were making moves for the sake of making moves, signings without substance. Especially with having to take on extra buyout-money because of Eaves. It just seems like we lost more than we gained. It's the same thing with the Begin deal. Is Begin an upgrade from Yelle? Probably. But is he an upgrade from Sobotka? Definitely no. Why did we have to sign him? I understand that Begin had "successful" seasons under CJ, but is the new mission of the Boston Bruins to sign all the former Habs players who played for CJ to contracts? Granted, with Michael Ryder, there was a genuine need to acquire a goal scorer, after it became clear that the Marian Hossa fantasy was just that, a fantasy. But I can't see a need for Begin on this team, especially when his presence takes one more roster spot away from Sobotka and Zach Hamill and Brad Marchand. W/e, I hope PC knows what he's doing. And to all you knuckleheads out there, we're allowed to criticize our team when they make what we perceive to be mistakes. It doesn't mean we're pinkhats/bandwagoners, nor are we from Mtl. Not all of us are on drugs and find BruinsWorld rosy and beautiful all the time...
    Posted by bruinsdiehard[/QUOTE]

congrats, you agree with a troll