Morris coming around?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Morris coming around?

Back to back 3rd star selections and 7 points in 10 games. He's still making mistakes out there, but he's looking more comfortable with each passing game. At over 3 mil. this year he's still got a little ways to go (consistency) but things seem to be looking up.
    Okay trolls let me have it....lol 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Morris coming around?

Yeah pauly1,  last nite GKR let me have it when I backed Morris up.
    He made one very noticeable mistake against the Flyers (Rask bailed him out) and against Nashville he should have been more aggressive on one of their goals.
    There's more upside to to his game than a downside.
    Yesterday someone brought up they miss Ward . None of the goals were Morris's fault therefore if Ward was there in the place of Morris the Sens would still have scored those 3 goals.  Bruins would have lost that game because Ward doesn't have the offensive awareness of Morris.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I have no worries about Morris' contribution on the offensive end.  It is very clear that he can move the puck well (7 assist).  What does bother me is the apparent effect his play has on Chara's game.  Chara seems reluctant out there, afraid to leave his partner to make a big hit or even be aggressive.  I hope they find a comfort level in next few weeks.
    I do think its ridiculous that there are people out there calling Chiarelli an idiot for signing this guy.  It's a one year contract.  Morris has to play his as# off for the contract he really wants at the end of the year (one he most likely won't receive from the B's).    

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well according to stanleycuptothebruins morris is a top 3 defensemen in the NHL, so i'm sure we can count on 60 points from him at least.....

that was sarcasm for those of you who didn't get it, but yea, morris has looked good lately

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I like Morris better than Wideman, I'll tell ya that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Morris is a one year stop gap not going to be signed long term anywhere. He should be playing for a contract but there have been some games he just does not look like that way especially that giveaway against the flyers.

It will be Morris or Denise Wideman around Thanksgiving if the Bruins are still some where around .500 He has become a liability everywhere Denise that is!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Interesting. Probably true. In any case, if Morris is gonna earn what he's making, he's better start standing on his head.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to Re: Morris coming around?:
    [QUOTE]I have no worries about Morris' contribution on the offensive end.  It is very clear that he can move the puck well (7 assist).  What does bother me is the apparent effect his play has on Chara's game.  Chara seems reluctant out there, afraid to leave his partner to make a big hit or even be aggressive.  I hope they find a comfort level in next few weeks. I do think its ridiculous that there are people out there calling Chiarelli an idiot for signing this guy.  It's a one year contract.  Morris has to play his as# off for the contract he really wants at the end of the year (one he most likely won't receive from the B's).    
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but Chara has been playing like this ever since the Carolina series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Morris has been our best Dman guys and like mentioned above hes coming around better every game

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morris coming around? : Sorry, but Chara has been playing like this ever since the Carolina series.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

You're right. I think CHARA is much too dedicated to the game and himself both mentally and physically.He may have hurt himself prior or during the hurricane series and has not fully recovered. The nasty hits prior to that timeline are definitely missing from his game right now...and as for MORRIS's bad giveaway, I'm sure he was embarrassed(and it won't happen again). He has a very heavy/accurate shot, and the pass he made to KREJCI was sweet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

i'd like to see boychuck platoon with ference and wideman.

chara doesn't look comfortable with morris so make him play with wideman again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]well according to stanleycuptothebruins morris is a top 3 defensemen in the NHL, so i'm sure we can count on 60 points from him at least..... that was sarcasm for those of you who didn't get it, but yea, morris has looked good lately
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

But he is on track for 60 points.  7 pts in 10 games equals about 57 pts in 82.

Denise Wideman now has 2 pts in 7 games, and people are questioning Morris?  Morris makes 3.3 and Wideman 3.9.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

yeah... I'll jump on the Chara bandwagon... He needs to 'take a hike' again ;)

I can't figure him out either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cashmuney49. Show cashmuney49's posts

[QUOTE]I have no worries about Morris' contribution on the offensive end.  It is very clear that he can move the puck well (7 assist).  What does bother me is the apparent effect his play has on Chara's game.  Chara seems reluctant out there, afraid to leave his partner to make a big hit or even be aggressive.  I hope they find a comfort level in next few weeks. I do think its ridiculous that there are people out there calling Chiarelli an idiot for signing this guy.  It's a one year contract.  Morris has to play his as# off for the contract he really wants at the end of the year (one he most likely won't receive from the B's).    
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

I agree with Morris getting a nice contract elsewhere after this season because he will produce offensivly with the B's. But as far as him affecting Chara's game- Chara puts himself in terrible position all the time by getting over agressive in the corners and behind his net. The guy, in my opinion, won the Norris trophy because he had a steady stay at home guy who blocks shot and clears out the front of the net named Aaron Ward. That said, I think Stuart is the only guy on the team who has that style of play. Chara is playing terrible right now, not Morris and I think the people who complain about Morris' contract take a look at the over 6 Million spent on Ference and Wideman...Ouch!

It's amazing what a change of scenary can do for a player.