morris for $3.3 million??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from loooch17. Show loooch17's posts

morris for $3.3 million??

why this deal was made we'll never know. do we even need him? especially for that much? room for kessel apparently wasn't thought of. hopefully he proves me wrong but lets face it,he was never an overachiever. 1 good season like 4 or 5 years ago. chiarelli is not the genius i thought. i think morris would still be available right now. and then the 3.3 + the 1.7 they have now in cap space would've been set for kessel. yeah, they could use some help on D but morris?? c'mon management get it together. picks are one thing to have for kess but we want a championship NOW!!! i wish players on the team making big money,would show a little unselfishness and give up some of their money. maybe i'm being an d!@k .these are just my thoughts. i just want to see the cup in boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Re: morris for $3.3 million??

Chiarelli did well with Ryder signing. Lets see how this one plays out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from loooch17. Show loooch17's posts

In Response to Re: morris for $3.3 million??:
    [QUOTE]Chiarelli did well with Ryder signing. Lets see how this one plays out.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

yeah but ryder has proven himself on more than 1 occasion. 3.3 is alot for a guy who's not all that amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ummmm be careful you will be amazed how morris will fit in...and be well worth it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from loooch17. Show loooch17's posts

yeah we'll see

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

would you rather seee madaour out there,,Foot in mouth morris may not be worth the money but this does make the bruins def,better

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

Vast overpayment by Chiarelli who is quickly solidifying himself as the worst salary cap manager in the NHL. Countless articles in the offseason had the under-achieving Morris pegged anywhere from $1.8M-$2.5M Chiarelli was clearly bidding against himself and overpayed around 1M a season for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from loooch17. Show loooch17's posts

[QUOTE]Vast overpayment by Chiarelli who is quickly solidifying himself as the worst salary cap manager in the NHL. Countless articles in the offseason had the under-achieving Morris pegged anywhere from $1.8M-$2.5M Chiarelli was clearly bidding against himself and overpayed around 1M a season for him.
    Posted by BlkGold67[/QUOTE]

ahh...someone who thinks like me. nice. agree totally

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

That is market value for a puck moving D . Give it time and we'll see if worth the money.  Anyways he's only signed one year.  Bruins can now depart maybe with  Ference . Ference for sure will not be here next year so might be dealt to free up cap space if they need to match an offer sheet or make space for a trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

I think Chiarelli has more than a 1 year plan. He's done fine managing the salary... every year we're tight up against, and get better. As we start having our team made out of more and more Providence guys and the average salary comes down, that will open us up down the road with the assets to go GET big name free agents like a Hossa or something like that. In the mean time, he's building a good, cheap core and complimenting here and there with guys he understands are just playing a role for a few years until someone from the inside takes it over. And the guys he's doing it with have been productive or ditched, ala Scahefer/Murray.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Obviously, Hossa is tied up forever, I was just using him as an example of a big time player

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BTW,  that's right Morris , doing what he's paid to do moving the puck outta of the zone for the Bruins 3rd goal tonite against the Leafs.
    He's been doing it all night,  it looks so easy (of course it's pre-season) but knowbody notices .  That's a part of the game that more often than not goes un-noticed but so important.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

BlkGold67 is a troll, just thought I'd throw that out there.....to have the 3 center that we have along with Chara and a highly paid goaltender is great cap management......now to looch

players are not allowed to take less money when they are under contract....they may want to, they may be willing to play for free if it will get them that cup, but once they sign a contract they cannot take pay cut until that contract is over.

Oh and management had gotten it together..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[QUOTE]BlkGold67 is a troll, just thought I'd throw that out there.....to have the 3 center that we have along with Chara and a highly paid goaltender is great cap management......now to looch players are not allowed to take less money when they are under contract....they may want to, they may be willing to play for free if it will get them that cup, but once they sign a contract they cannot take pay cut until that contract is over. Oh and management had gotten it together..
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I'm a troll because... I dont agree with you? I tell it like it is? Or I'm not a pom pom waving lemming who rubber stamps everything this organization does like you do?

Give it a rest your just a punk kid who thinks he knows everything and yet you somehow manage to make a fool out of yourself in every other thread.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from loooch17. Show loooch17's posts

no management has not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MilanLucic. Show MilanLucic's posts

at $3.3  Morris is deal ...believe me ..fans are going to love him .....another Wideman

Bruins are in business with Chara-Wideman-Stuart-Morris-Hunwick-Ferrence-Boychuck

Go Bruins ! ! !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to morris for $3.3 million??:
    [QUOTE]why this deal was made we'll never know. do we even need him? especially for that much? room for kessel apparently wasn't thought of. hopefully he proves me wrong but lets face it,he was never an overachiever. 1 good season like 4 or 5 years ago. chiarelli is not the genius i thought. i think morris would still be available right now. and then the 3.3 + the 1.7 they have now in cap space would've been set for kessel. yeah, they could use some help on D but morris?? c'mon management get it together. picks are one thing to have for kess but we want a championship NOW!!! i wish players on the team making big money,would show a little unselfishness and give up some of their money. maybe i'm being an  d!@k .these are just my thoughts. i just want to see the cup in boston.
    Posted by loooch17[/QUOTE]

This is just moronic- you want Montador and Ward back? They sucked last year against Carolina. Montadors play was a nightmare, and all Ward was good for was taking a punch in the face.You say you want to win the cup, well that D wasn't ever going to get it done. Lets give Morris a chance before you start bitching, he could become a solid number two dman for this club. You complain about lack of cap room to sign Kessel well you can start with the contracts for Chara, Wideman, and Bergeron because thats where the dollars went- do the math.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

how has management not figured things out, brought us from cellar dwellers to in contention with a plethora of young talent.....we've kept a lot of them, and we're going to keep lucic and wheeler instead of kessel. They had their priorities this off season, and they were getting better on defense, and resigning bitz, hunwick, and krejci, they got it done

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]BTW,  that's right Morris , doing what he's paid to do moving the puck outta of the zone for the Bruins 3rd goal tonite against the Leafs. He's been doing it all night,  it looks so easy (of course it's pre-season) but knowbody notices .  That's a part of the game that more often than not goes un-noticed but so important.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Morris looked very "together" tonight vs Leafs.  He made a number of slick outlet passes and didn't get caught or skated around defensively.  Just one give away behind our net.  He's fast.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From what I saw of Morris tonight, I would not be surprised to see him rack up a 50 point season.  I'm not saying it will happen, just saying it could happen.

Hunwick was disappointing in tonight's game, I'm wondering if he's hurt or not fully recovered from the surgery.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick played last night and did well.  Maybe two nights in a row is rough for his recovery and re-entrance

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Morris was looking solid tonight.  Several nice outlet passes, played sound defensively.  And like others have said, the price we payed for him is not a gross overpayment.  He is a solid puck moving defenseman.

Chiarelli said he wanted to improve the defense and that first pass from the defensive end and he has done that.  That alone will help our offense.  Countless times the defense were unable to get the puck out of the defensive end, resulting in scoring chances for the oposition, especially against Carolina.

This may be a stretch but I think Morris will benefit this team more than Kessel would, and I am a big Kessel fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I didn't get the warm fuzzies from the defensive play of the defensive core as a whole.  I missed the third period, but the Leafs offense was getting in behind the defensemen regularly in the first two periods.  Tonight's game did nothing to allay my fears that the defensive "upgrade" would lead to more quality scoring chances against. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]would you rather seee madaour out there,,  morris may not be worth the money but this does make the bruins def,better
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]
    A couple of days ago NHL.com had a poll for who people thought was the best offseason addition to the Sabres.  Last I checked, Montador had ~30% of the vote, leading me to wonder how many people have actually watched him play.  Either that, or the other additions were far worse than I thought.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Hunwick was def. the scariest thing about that game - Bergeron and Begin looked great out there. Great outlet by Morris on the 3rd goal. This team needed to upgrade the defense and they did that. I'm waiting till mid-season before I jump on this guy, as far as I see it we have upgraded a needed area.