Most Boston owners step up big for Jimmy Fund

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from espnzone. Show espnzone's posts

As most New Englanders know WEEI is holding the 2 day Telethon to raise money for the Jummy Fund, the goal this year is 4 million. Most of the Boston owners stepped up big time with huge donations

Red Sox ownership group

$175,000

Bob and Jonathan Kraft (Patriots)

$150,000

Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca
    (Celtics)

$100,000

And bringing up the rear (big shocker I know)

Jeremy and Charlie Jacobs with a measly 25,000 no doubt for tax write off purposes

The more things change the more they still say the same.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

That is alot of money to donate from those big boss guys. The sad thing to me is that they can give SO much more then that, and they don't. The Jacobs donation is just so that his name gets on the list, of people that donated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

how much did you donate?? I dint donate 1 cent, so I cannot talk..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from espnzone. Show espnzone's posts

this is in a nutshell the summary of the Jacobs family. Doing just the bare minumum that you you have too (and lets face it he had to give something or face tremendous public backlash) and never ever go above and beyond.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

Curt Schilling called up and donated $50,000 so that tells you all you need to know

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

bruins hating has hit a new low

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveGir. Show DaveGir's posts

I can't believe you people who sit out there looking for any reason to bash Jacobs. There is a big difference between Jacobs, and at least most of the other owners you're referencing. They're Mass. born and raised, while Jacobs is a Buffalo NY resident.

It's not uncommon for people to give to the charities in their local area. I gave nothing to the Jimmy Fund, because I don't live in Boston. But I gave to the Childrens hospital where my kid would go if he needed to.
    You may wish to read the following:
    http://www.buffalo.edu/news/9446

I suppose some of you bozos will take shots at me for being a Jacobs supporter. I'm not actually, I'm just a Bruins fan who has to wade through garbage on this site looking for signs of intelligent life. I just despise you childish idiots sitting in your mothers basement throwing out hate.

Grow up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

"Throwing out hate" aka "Throwing out facts"

The lenghts the sheep will go to avoid reality is quite ammusing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

[Quote]"Throwing out hate
    " aka "Throwing out facts"

The lenghts the sheep will go to avoid reality is quite ammusing.[/Quote]

Throwing out facts?
    I hate Jacobs as well but enough is enough. Your "facts" are as bad as political "spin"!
    At least he donated in the first place! How much did you donate?
    If you read the article that Dave linked you will see that he donated 10 mil in his own state along with the donation you all stick your noses at.

Lets get back to hockey because the length that all you "bashers" will go to trying to bring hate is what is ammusing.

Also, who are truely the sheep? The fans that stick with their team through the bad years, or the bandwagon jumpers that cheer when they win and cry, pout, and bash when things are down?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoanValdez. Show JoanValdez's posts

"Throwing out facts? I hate Jacobs as well but enough is enough. Your "facts" are as bad as political "spin"!"

Then I think you need to come to grips with the fact that the Bruins will SUCK as long as they remain the owners of the franchise. The motive has always been profit before winning. If it weren't for the Orange Line and Route 1, the Bruins would have moved to Seattle 10 years ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Hey espn what has that got to do with the bruins, I think even the haters club would be ashamed of this jibberish.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsownthegarden. Show Celticsownthegarden's posts

I think we can all agree with the exception of the excuse making sheep is that jeremy jacobs and his son charlie are loathsome creatures. They spend money on what is important to them like "donating" 10 million to get a wing of a building named after him. Can anyone say "feeding his ego"

The Bruins arent important to him, only the bottom line is, and unfortunately it looks like life threatning diseases arent that important to him either, purely my opinion but 25k to mr jacobs is the equivilent of 5 cents. You can't help but come to another conclusion when looking at it that way.

Before the sheep attack the only reason jacobs is right up against that cap now is because his season ticket base finally fell below 4,000 and when that number gets beefed up again the spending will go down again as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

FYI: George Stienbrenner donated $25k annually.

NOBODY can defend Jacobs when it comes to this topic....every other Boston owner donated over $100k, and Jacobs managed to donate the same amount of money as George Stienbrenner.

That speaks volumes to me about BOTH parties. For the Steinbrenners to donate $25k to a "Red Sox based" charity....speakes volumes about his generosity. Likewise, it is very telling about Jacobs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

[Quote]"Throwing out facts? I hate Jacobs as well but enough is enough. Your "facts" are as bad as political "spin"!"

Then I think you need to come to grips with the fact that the Bruins will SUCK as long as they remain the owners of the franchise. The motive has always been profit before winning. If it weren't for the Orange Line and Route 1, the Bruins would have moved to Seattle 10 years ago.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

[Quote]"Throwing out facts? I hate Jacobs as well but enough is enough. Your "facts" are as bad as political "spin"!"

Then I think you need to come to grips with the fact that the Bruins will SUCK as long as they remain the owners of the franchise. The motive has always been profit before winning. If it weren't for the Orange Line and Route 1, the Bruins would have moved to Seattle 10 years ago.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

For a while now I have been reading alot of posts on Jacobs... "He spends to the cap", "Bashers need to stop living in the past"

Look I love the Bruins,, so he spends to the cap because season tix hit a low..

But,, there is no "CAP" on giving. Esp. with someone worth over a billion... 25,000 Please,, even 200,000 is pocket change to him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cbr28. Show cbr28's posts

Just to throw this out there. The Boston Bruins Foundation gave something like 200k to the Jimmy Fund for the past 5 years. They do it through the Pan Mass Challenge and other events. Every year they have a good showing. So before you accuse the ownership of being cheap make sure they weren't being ostentatious like everyone else.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dan3103. Show dan3103's posts

The Jacobs' gift is the largest single gift ever to UB and makes the Jacobs family the university's most generous donor, with gifts totaling $18.4 million. This historic $10 million gift to UB demonstrates the Jacobs family's confidence in UB's ability to greatly enhance the quality of life and economic prosperity of the Western New York community through groundbreaking medical research and the resulting economic impact of its research.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15Boston15. Show 15Boston15's posts

Out of all the teams listed the Bruins are the smallest out of them all in popularity. The big name teams are expected to give a crap ton of money. But $25,000 is still A LOT of money. I bet half of the ones complaining about the amount didn't even donate a single penny. I volunteered for The Jimmy Fund on Friday and seeing that I helped raise $15,000 in my area is very heart warming because I know that with my hard work and everyone else that helped we raised almost $5 million. Even if the Jacobs only donated $25 they are still helping a great cause, it isn't a race to see who can donate the most money.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmfpatpatriot7575. Show jmfpatpatriot7575's posts

I like the way you put that "Defending Communist China"

Why do people defend this guy??

Its not like the Bruins are up there with the Red Wings anymore?

I like the Bruins through my life.. But the owner needs a swift kick in the balls... For all the crap we have been through..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

Just when you think Jacobs can't sink any lower he manages to surprise you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirkthehockeynut. Show dirkthehockeynut's posts

[Quote]Just to throw this out there. The Boston Bruins Foundation gave something like 200k to the Jimmy Fund for the past 5 years. They do it through the Pan Mass Challenge and other events. Every year they have a good showing. So before you accuse the ownership of being cheap make sure they weren't being ostentatious like everyone else.[/Quote]

Ah no they haven't. They gave 25K this year and a couple years ago I remember Jacobs himself calling in and "donating" a pathetic 10K, so there is no way in hell that JJ gave 200K in a 5 year span. Nice try.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hub-O-Retreads. Show Hub-O-Retreads's posts

Jj’s donation is just a microcosm of his thirty plus cup less years in Boston. Over the years he has made hundreds of millions of dollars in Boston while giving little to nothing back.

Sections
Shortcuts