Mount Puckmore

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Mount Puckmore

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Mount-Puckmore-The-four-faces-of-the-Boston-Bru?urn=nhl-259942

Puck Daddy is having a series in which writers choose the four faces of a franchise. Jack Edwards did it for the bruins and I'm not too sure I agree with his picks. Its pretty hard to select only four for the bruins. Who would you select?

1.Bobby Orr
    2.Phil Esposito
    3.Raymond Bourque
    4.Don Cherry (For the too many men, cost the bruins a cup)

Sorry if this was posted already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Mount Puckmore

Sorry but Vladimir "Rosie" Ruzicka would have to go up instead of Milt Schmidt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

1.) Bobby Orr
    2.) Raymond Bourque
    3.) Eddie Shore
    4.) Phil Esposito

The above list are all defensemen, except Espo. For those not familiar with Shore, he won 4 Hart trophies in 5 years, as a defenseman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Bobby Or- no reason to explain

Don Cherry - either you like or hate him

Cam Neely - no need to explain

Harry Sinden - 1972 summit series coach, coach bruins in stanley cup and has the record for most consectutive playoff series as a GM

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Orr
    Schmidt
    Bourque
    Neely

Bucyk and Espo just missed out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The faces of the Bruins have been:

1. Shore     for the 20's and 30's
    2. Schmidt    for the 40's and 50's
    3. Orr        for the 60's and 70's
    4. Bourque  for the 80's and 90's

We have, therefore, no real face of the Bruins since the turn of this Century.

Come on Seguin! The time is right and ripe for you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I disagree, Wheatskins.  The face of the Bruins for the 21st C. to date has been one of two players, one slowly losing that role and one maybe continuing to cement his hold.  Fading is Joe "The Problem" Thornton, whose difficult whelping and then slow evolution into a top point producer with playoff issues was the story of the Bruins pre-lockout.  Post lock-out, and post trade, his ghost still hovered over a struggling team for years.  The ascending face is Bergeron.  He's everything Thornton wasn't.  Burst out of the gate as a rookie.  Earned his spot rather than being given his spot. Came back from a catastrophic injury and slowly rebuilt his game to make the Olympic Team - where he was a teammate of Thornton and no worse (though no better for sure) in that tournament than Thornton.

The period from 2000-2007 was dismal.  Thornton - whether you like him or not - is the face of the franchise for those years.  Lucic is more prominent than Bergeron in some ways now, but longevity gives Bergeron the edge.  Maybe he'll cede that role to Lucic if ML becomes a 30 goal scorer for the next stretch of years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Personally, none of the three players you mentioned have reached the level where you can say they are the face of the franchise in this decade.

Certainly, I would not count Joe Thornton since he didn't even win any hardware while with the Bruins. One thing about Joe, he has frustrated me more than any player during the time I have been a Bruin fan (since 1964). I hardly think of him as a Bruin anymore - since that blessed day he was traded away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Jack Adams, Eddie Shore, Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

JACK EDWARDS!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

1. Bobby Orr
    2. Johnny Bucyk
    3. Raymond Bourque
    4. Phil Esposito