Mtl strategy...Laracque to distract Chara

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Mtl strategy...Laracque to distract Chara

Thats what I hear here in Montreal on the radio stations ...Gainey will ask Laracque to go after Chara every time he will be on the ice....if Chara drops the gloves than the Bruins will be without him for 5 minutes and Laracque has no impact if he is in the penalty box...I hope Cluade Julien is prepared for that ....???  What do  you guys think ??

Should Chara drop the gloves and knonk him out ? Should Lucic or Thornton take care of the big fat old Laracque ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

Re: Mtl strategy...Laracque to distract Chara

I'm pretty sure Thornton will be the guy to take care of Laracque. The only time Laracque will try anything with anybody will be when the Bruins start pounding the little guys. I'm sorry but they can say what ever they want. Laracque is not a difference maker......he's a goon. Bruins have a whole bench of bad mu-fuks if they want to play that way. Man for man the Bruins are the more physically dominant team. I'ts the diving and reffing that worries me more than anything. Forget about Laracque.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If Laraque is assigned to Chara, Bruins in 4.

That's not going to be the strategy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Gainey has lost his mind in dressing Laraque, this guy shouldn't get a sniff of the ice come playoff time. He will do something dumb, guaranteed and if not, he will be on the ice, which is dumb in itself.

If Laraque runs around like Mike Tyson on skates, we should send Montador out as a sacraficial lamb. He loves getting clobbered for his team. He will put a new meaning to the term "taking one for the team"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Laraque probably shouldn't dress, as his application of "the code" means he'll rarely fight anyone who isn't willing. No way will Chara be willing (as he's too smart to take 5 mins in the box when the Habs lose a guy who is a non-factor outside of fighting), as is Lucic (unless it's a heat of the moment situation, which is when Milan sometimes loses his  mind).

If he does dress, unless he has changed his attitude and will be willing to punish someone for a big hit (even a clean one) without their accepting an invitation to drop the gloves, Boston shouldn't really worry about him.  Unless he becomes the second coming of Chris Kontos or Jeff Lazaro (guys who came out of nowhere to score big goals in the playoffs), I doubt he plays much of a role in this series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

[QUOTE]Gainey has lost his mind in dressing Laraque, this guy shouldn't get a sniff of the ice come playoff time. He will do something dumb, guaranteed and if not, he will be on the ice, which is dumb in itself. If Laraque runs around like Mike Tyson on skates, we should send Montador out as a sacraficial lamb. He loves getting clobbered for his team. He will put a new meaning to the term "taking one for the team"
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    i fully agree and it does make sence . hunt the hunted  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boris666stanley. Show Boris666stanley's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RnL2kF9zR4
    dont be so sure !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

is lagoon prepared to play 27-30 min a game like Chara does?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I doubt Laraque even plays

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

If I were the Habs, I'd have him dressed and on the bench too.  You know it won't take much to set off something in the first couple games.  The Habs have no other choice, they have to have one spine in the lineup.  Laraque isn't a goon if you ask me, YES I KNOW, but he can work the puck out of a corner now and again.  And he does make you hesitate and look over your shoulder, especially if your Chara (that's a big target).  The telling moment will be... who has the discipline?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

As elosias stated above, discipline will be a major factor in this series. As evident in the last game, the habs have a very good PP working now. The BRUINS should work hard to generate their own powere plays, while staying out of the box themselves. All of the Montreal players are graduates of the Mike Ribeiro charm school. They go down like weak dogs on their backs, writhing in pain as if they were shot  a "deer rifle". The Bruins have to prove nothing against these unichs. I am in no way against a timely fight for the good of the team, I just hate to see the B's  get out of sinc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]If Laraque is assigned to Chara, Bruins in 4. That's not going to be the strategy.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Exactly,

Putting your Worst player on bostons best is laughable.

oh yeah, and fighting someone who is 6'9 is a good idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31wY26la9U

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Fucck Laraque, he'll be a non-factor like he's been the whole season

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Let me get this straight....

1. Chara on the ice = Laraque on the ice
    2. Chara average ice time: 30 minutes = Laraque Average ice time: 30 minutes
    3. THE BRUINS WILL BE ON A POWER PLAY WITH THIS LIABILITY FOR HALF OF THE GAME?! AWESOME!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ko1vu. Show ko1vu's posts

Omg...

Laraque will beat chara down!!!!!

GO HABS GO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MRyderfan. Show MRyderfan's posts

Kept on the bench BGL might have some small effect on the game, however as a habs fan I'm praying Gainey doesn't give the guy any ice time at all...

Heavyweight Champ he might be called but truth is Laracque is not an enforcer, nor for that matter has he ever in his career shown himself as a 'protector' of team-mates.

If Gainey wants to add a physical presence then call on Greg Stewart to play the role, at least in him you get a guy who is loved by his team because he does bleed for them....and as a bonus, he's capable of playing a bit of hockey...

Aggravet the big Z?......do it the way it's been done before, make sure he gets hit each and every time he touches the puck, let his temper get him into trouble....

Laracque?......Big George as we've discussed at work must have done his back in picking up the paychecks Tommy K has earnedin taking beating after beating....

Can't say i like the matchup this year, minus Markov...minus Lang, Minus Frankie B, and with neither Plekanak of the Kosty brothers playing anywhere near their skill levels the Bruins should probably win this one this year....

I'm expecting the Bruins in 6 but if it gets to 7, money goes on the Habs....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]I'm expecting the Bruins in 6 but if it gets to 7, money goes on the Habs....
    Posted by MRyderfan[/QUOTE]

I disagree, your logic doesn't make sense. The Bruins are a much deeper team, the longer the series, the stronger the bruins will be. If it does go to a game 7, playing at home, i don't think this years bruins could mess that up.

Montreals only shot is to win this one in 5 games.

Another thing is, like all playoff hockey series, it will probably come down to goaltending. What Carey Price will we see? Will Tim Thomas be able to play every game?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree, your logic doesn't make sense. The Bruins are a much deeper team, the longer the series, the stronger the bruins will be. If it does go to a game 7, playing at home, i don't think this years bruins could mess that up. Montreals only shot is to win this one in 5 games. Another thing is, like all playoff hockey series, it will probably come down to goaltending. What Carey Price will we see? Will Tim Thomas be able to play every game?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Based on past history, I can't agree that the Habs only chance (due to inferiour depth) is to win in 5. The last 2 times that Montreal has had the weaker team against Boston (2002 and 04), the Habs won in 6 and 7 respectively. Those years, as in this year, Boston had a greater depth in talent, and despite that still lost the long series.

I agree with you on the goaltending. It would seem that the Bruins would have an advantage in net this year, something that was not the case in past years (Theodore vs. Dafoe or Raycroft). The only thing is that the playoffs is a whole new season, and will Thomas be as stallar in the postseason as he was in the regular season? I doubt he drops off too much, but you never know--Raycroft was brilliant in 2004; not so much in postseason play. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]. I agree with you on the goaltending. It would seem that the Bruins would have an advantage in net this year, something that was not the case in past years (Theodore vs. Dafoe or Raycroft). The only thing is that the playoffs is a whole new season, and will Thomas be as stallar in the postseason as he was in the regular season? I doubt he drops off too much, but you never know--Raycroft was brilliant in 2004; not so much in postseason play. 
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

The playoffs, coming down to goaltending? What genius could have forseen this?Smile

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]The playoffs, coming down to goaltending? What genius could have forseen this?
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

just this year. Most years, it doesn't matter much! Laughing

It only matters when WE have the better goaltender!