Murphy : Chicago not interested in TT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Murphy : Chicago not interested in TT

Goaltending is one question mark for Chicago to win the cup. I don't think TT would be their answer either. Don't get me wrong because I like TT , just don't think he can win a cup. http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/8854534255

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Murphy : Chicago not interested in TT

Is Huet hurt or something?  He's not that bad

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

they are interested.  Tim's numbers could be better, but he's not playing that badly.  2.5 gaa and .915 spct is nothing to cry about.  If the team in front of him doesn't leave him out to dry as much as they have his numbers are better but they're just not playing as well as last year when he did better.  He can play better, but don't cut him short of being useless based on his record alone. 

That being said, he has value.  Ryder, I doubt has much value.  Wideman, a young puck moving defenseman still developing has value.  He's mistake prone, but last year's numbers all around show he has a lot of potential.  When he heats up or in the summer it could be a good time to move him if it's best for the team, but thinking he's replaceable by stay at home types like boychuk and/or Mcquaid is laughable.  Offense is better generated by guys who can break out with the play, not have a cup of coffee with our goalie (not meant to be an insult to great defensive defenseman, just that wideman is a breakout type and needs to be replaced by another one).

personally i'm glad chiarelli is waiting for this team to right itself before adding or subtracting to/from it closer to the deadline.  If they were hotter leading up to this week i'd have said add, if they lose again this week or play poorly again then i say sell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chicago will probably pick up Turco for insurance if the Flyers don't grab him first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Krayzie, the problem with Huet is that he's streaky at best.   When he's on, he's great, but when he's not, you'd better say a prayer or two.  That's why he's played for so many teams during his relatively short career (LA, Montreal, Washington, Chicago over just 6 years).  Hawks know they have as good a shot as anyone to win the 2010 Cup.  If Huet falters, they don't want to have to throw promising rookie Niemi in there with no one else behind him.  Stronger to have Huet and Thomas, with Niemi available if anything else were to happen.  If B's could land Hawks D Wizniewski (the real deal; we do NOT want Barker!) and a pick/prospect, I'd let 'em have TT.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

wisniewski is on the ducks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Why would any team be interested in TT given his age and gigantic contract? Its an albatross and The Hawks have cap issues without assuming that money. Who would you dump to get him in under the cap? Patrick Sharpe?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Thomas and Sobotka for Huet and Barker

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Turco 5.7M and 34, TT 5M and 35, I'll take TT any day.

I'M EVALUATING!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

TT would probably win Chicago the cup. He would actually have a team that could and would be playing in front of him. He's an awesome goalie....People, fans, writers are all looking for excuses with this team. The name of the game is to score one more goal than you opponent and the B's just arent doing that. Washington, Chicago, Pittsburgh, they all score tons of goals, not the 1.5 -2 goal avg the B's currently have going for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Chicago can get Price or Halak for cheaper than Tank.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Those who think Thomas is overpaid need to take a look at the salaries of goalies from other teams. For a Vezina winner, his contract is reasonable. And remember, he signed the contract well before the team did a collective nosedive. It looked like a good deal for the Bruins at the time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Murphy is well informed as a wood plank. This guy know nothing at all. If anything, he's thowing bogus trade rumour like the Bergeron-Pronger swap. This guy have the same credibility as a cockroach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Can we trade Thomas for Halak? I would make that trade in a minute.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glacebayminers. Show glacebayminers's posts

For me I dont mind Thomas being here the rest of this year and the duration of his contract. If this team could score 3 or 4 goals a night like most cup contending teams we would be where we were last year....at the top. Thomas's numbers speak for themselves. Most of you haters here tend to panic when something goes wrong as there is alot of time left and with the games in hand we have on teams that are in the playoffs and if we could actually get some wins out of those games were right back where we should be which is in the playoffs. This is a good team it just that the injury bug seems to staying around all season long with this team and it finally caught up to them with the losing streak but there still above .500 hockey. So maybe they can get a few wins before the break on the road and hopfully after the break they will play to there potential once everyone is back and healthy.Hang in there Bruins Fans........Dont Panic n Hate..
    Go Bruins!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from neptoon10. Show neptoon10's posts

I just have to laugh at all the people arguing the team is responsible for Thomas's fall this year. CJ's whole system is defense first. It covers up TT being out of position on a regular basis and his knack for making the ordinary look extraordinary.

Prior to CJ coming to Boston - TT's GAA was around 3.00, SV%, about 0.910.

After CJ's system in place - TT's GAA about 2.3, SV% about 0.925.

No one benefits more from CJ's system than TT. In fact, the system has had to cover up TT so much this year they haven't been able to focus on offense. Notice how when Rask is playing we start to score goals?

All you have to do is watch TT's position and clownish moves to see how average he is compared to good goalies in the league (to which Rask is rising).

The best thing that could happen to Boston is if Chicago took his inflated contract off our hands, opening up cap space to add a talented winger. No idea why they would, but God bless them if they do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

Boston trade Thamas and Ryder to Chicago for Byfuglien and Versteeg

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

thats  Thomas not Thames  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

Bruins need someone to put the puck in the net a goal scorer to play with savard

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gordnfld. Show gordnfld's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy : Chicago not interested in TT:
    byfuglien and lucic lol o boy thats a big line
    Posted by Bergie4MVP

ya BIG BAD BRUINS again

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

huet wont lose this hawks team a series. maybe a game and even with the hawks offense they could still win a bad game from him. having watch enough hawks game and bruin games i dont see where thomas is an upgrade.

the hawks arent going to take back extra salary for next year and they dont want to pay a goalie 5.6m to play in the minors, regardless of any reports. a trade with philly would make more sense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

Tim Thomas not going anywhere.  Forget about it.  It's simple - he's not going to waive his no-trade. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Murphy : Chicago not interested in TT:
    Tim Thomas not going anywhere.  Forget about it.  It's simple - he's not going to waive his no-trade. 
    Posted by ViewFrom311

You don't think that TT would waive his NTC for an opportunity to play for a cup contender?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ViewFrom311. Show ViewFrom311's posts

1. I think he likes it here and New England is his home.

2. I also don't think a team like Chicago, who has cap problems next year, would trade for a 35+ year-old contract with 3 years left on it.  What that means is, even if the contract is bought out, they still take the FULL $5M cap hit for the next 3 years.  With Huet, Chicago CAN send him to the Minors to avoid that cap hit after this year (Thomas also has a NMC).  That doesn't mean they will, but they at least have that card to play if they need it.

I think the Chicago talk is ludicrous for reason #2 there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from HABH8R. Show HABH8R's posts

Dallas isn't interested either...they just traded for Kari Lehtonen

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=309569

so much for replacing Turco (UFA) with TT (locked into a ridiculous deal with a NTC)

Sections
Shortcuts