MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

Shhhhhh!!!!

The Sheep, Lemmings, Sunshine and gumdrop optomists dont want to hear that!! They want to continue to live in Fantasy land and keep thier heads buried in the sand and be filled with the usual false hope provided by Delaware North on a yearly basis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

Good read, but don't you think it is twistingáthe stats aábit?á In hockey the last 3 stanley cups are won by teams [and management] in places that are better known for beaches and the water outside doesn't freeze.áááDo you really think someone like Kraft would bring a Stanley Cup to Boston?á I'd say you would be in the same position and the beer, food and ticket prices would be more.á Jay

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ritwalljones. Show ritwalljones's posts

MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

á"In hockey the last 3 stanley cups are won by teams [and management] in places that are better known for beaches and the water outside doesn't freeze."áYou made the articles point right there. You can put a team anywhere and combine it with a commited ownership who wants to win and a well compensated management staff with expierence and you have a Championship. It is the total opposite for the Bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

I admit that I post rather infrequently to this discussion boards, and when I do it is with a purpose.á Why do the constant negative posters waste their time here?á I realize living in your Moms basement without a girlfriend, wife or any prospects is a bummer, soáget a life!á I am all for criticism, but the same diatribe over and over about Jacobs, the organization and the team makes me feel bad for yourápathetic existance.á Anyone whoádoesn't feel at least mildly optimisticáto excited about this season simply isn't a fan of theáBruins or even the game of hockey.á We all know that Jacobsáisn't the best or even in the top 20 best owners, but the direction of the team is changing, and I'm sadáfor the sorry people who are blind to this.á Given every team takes time and this franchise has taken alot of it in the past few years, with the loss of many great (unnamed) players, this is a team worth celebrating.á I still refuse to buy a single ticket to a game until this team is a valid cup contender, so I am doing my part by boycotting.á I still watch most of the games at home and the time has been well worth the wasting.á We obviously aren't gonna win the cup this year, but it has been a fun ride...Positivity my friends

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DetTracks. Show DetTracks's posts

Re: MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

great article

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Re: MUST READ ARTICLE!!!

Retrospective comparisons are a very misleading way of determining causality, especially if you select only the parts of reality that suits your premise. Heck, if one were looking for dubious correlations to explain the recent successes of other Boston sports team, I could suggest a strong link to the completion of the Big Dig. Perhaps a more informative correlation is that success of these teams came after long periods of pathetic performances, which the Bruins have not seen to the same extent. Many other bogus causes could be proposed I'm sure. As far as committed owners are concerned, they are easy to find. But with a salary cap and competitions from 29 other motivated owners and their management staffs it will only go so far. The Bruins cannot buy a championship like the Sox or Yankees.
    P.S.: please don't embarrass yourself by calling me "sheep". I'm not even a Bruins fan. Just a hockey fan.

Sections
Shortcuts