My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade:
    Last 20 years on #15 total games 3294. Last 5 years 65 games 2not played yet and a goalie has 1 game. Previous 15 - 4 stayed in Russia and 1 stayed in Finland. So 10 players picked played 3229 games an average of 322.9 games per player picked on the #15, doesn't seem that bad an average. 12 of 20 not from North America, 60% is very high per ratio of league players, looks like a lot were possibly desperate ploys to get a European star. Wonder if Flo will pick Kirill.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I'm impressed with your quick research dude.  Great job really.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : I'm impressed with your quick research dude.  Great job really.
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3a281e58ca-9dff-4d03-850d-21b13f7b4b46

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : That is a really good point, and one I didn't think of.  Lucic is going to see how Horton performs, see what it takes to score 25 goals.  Let's hope Horton gives his best effort nightly, and Lucic raises his game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Actually, I see it the other way around.

I think it's Lucic that will rub off on Horton.

I don't think lack of effort, or taking shifts off, is an issue with Lucic, where it has been reported that it was with Horton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I agree Pats fan. Last week pick #15 looked pretty awesome but now that we don't have it, kinda looks like a terrible pick.
    Posted by Reilly24

EXACTLY!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : You could score a ton of goals playing alongside Savard.
    Posted by russgriswold

Not including this year, I'm assuming...LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : You could score a ton of goals playing alongside Savard.
    Posted by russgriswold

Kovalchuk sure did.  But, then Kovalchuk did without him also.

Kessel sure did!  But, then Kessel did without him.

Murray did!  But then Murray had before also.

No one has set career highs solely due to playing on a line with Savard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Don't worry NAS Bleacher Report has Savvy going to Toronto for Kaberle so you should be happy to have a bum like that gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

And if the Bleacher Report prints it it MUST be true, eh? :P
    Honestly, how do they even exist?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : Actually, I see it the other way around. I think it's Lucic that will rub off on Horton. I don't think lack of effort, or taking shifts off, is an issue with Lucic, where it has been reported that it was with Horton.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

They'll push each other I'm sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And if the Bleacher Report prints it it MUST be true, eh? :P Honestly, how do they even exist?
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Want to write for Bleacher Report?  Well, that's about all the qualifications you need.

It's easier to get a column on Bleacher Report than it is to get a yahoo email address.

Real writers get paid for their work.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : A puck moving defenseman who can play 20+ minutes a game is worth a little more than a throwaway fourth line RFA.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not when he's signed to 4M / year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

In Response to Re: My 2 Cents on the Horton/Wideman Trade : Not when he's signed to 4M / year.
    Posted by Drewski5

Look around the league.......$3,4 and 5M players are everywhere.  Every team in the league has atleast 2 or 3 players that are OVERPAID, so that does not justify giving away an asset, whether is it a player or a draft pick.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hey, the Bruins got bigger, got a guy who has a temper and will take a stupid penalty and the Bruins have someone with scoring ability.

Intangibles for Wideman.
    Addition by subtraction.  On tv you can't feel the air get sucked out of the building when Wideman gives up one of his trade mark giveaways.  Plus those shots wide and/or high of the goal - they don't give up rebounds.

Sections
Shortcuts