My Bruins Offseason Hopes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: My Bruins Offseason Hopes

Pretty sound...but I think there is gonna be more than that this offseason...

TT is better than the other big contracts...but he will also hopefully have more value on the market as well...but this year is also a goalie market...lots available...which means we may get a big contract back in return...maybe Souray with the Oilers if Bulin is still hurt...

We need at least one pure fwd...and there are some second tier guys we should be in on...Ryder/Wideman and Sturm are contract we likely won't be able to get rid of...having Wideman for another year in my eyes isnt a bad thing...he is a puck moving dman...Ryder is useless...never ever liked him...If they could move TT and Ryder for Briere I would be all over it...funny how people got on me when I said his name before and after the deadline...he may have had a few bad yrs but the guy is absolute money in the playoffs...there is a veteran scoring fwd...and we get a bit of cap relief from it as well...

PC really needs to get creative for us to stand a chance of moving those contracts...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Souray is not a good cap $$ fit, even if TT is let go.  The B's have to sign too many other guys(Sieds, Rex, Boychuk, Stuart) and they can't take on another salary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

stinger,

I kwow Souray isnt the answer...but we are gonna eat a contract with TT...his trade value is next to nil b/c of all the UFA goalies this summer...and I would rather pick up a bad contract like Souray and have him produce than TT sit on the bench...it was the same point I was making with Briere...sure he had a few forgetable yrs...but he is a top 6 fwd who plays...

What if they dealt TT with Ryder or Sturm...for Souray? 

I agree with you though...those players are priority over a TT trade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Like PC said yesterday, the Bruins are probably looking to trade rather than sign a FA forward.  If they can move a large contract (like Ryder's) as part of a deal for a guy like Iginla, then they should be all over that deal.  I think they can get some things done this summer, considering how many draft picks/prospects they have at their disposal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Offseason Hopes:
    stinger, I kwow Souray isnt the answer...but we are gonna eat a contract with TT...his trade value is next to nil b/c of all the UFA goalies this summer...and I would rather pick up a bad contract like Souray and have him produce than TT sit on the bench...it was the same point I was making with Briere...sure he had a few forgetable yrs...but he is a top 6 fwd who plays... What if they dealt TT with Ryder or Sturm...for Souray?  I agree with you though...those players are priority over a TT trade
    Posted by shuperman

You make a great point- it is better to pick up a Souray vs a TT on the bench. 

I think the B's WILL be able to move TT this offseason.  It is true-there are a lot of FA goalies, but TT has been more productive than most of them.  I really think the Caps may make a move for him.

One thing to keep in mind when mulling possible deal with EDM- they are in even worse salary cap purgatory than the B's.  they need to dump salaries in a big way. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: My Bruins Offseason Hopes : You make a great point- it is better to pick up a Souray vs a TT on the bench.  I think the B's WILL be able to move TT this offseason.  It is true-there are a lot of FA goalies, but TT has been more productive than most of them.  I really think the Caps may make a move for him. One thing to keep in mind when mulling possible deal with EDM- they are in even worse salary cap purgatory than the B's.  they need to dump salaries in a big way. 
    Posted by stingerjp

I'll pass on Souray.  I really think the Bruins could trade for Iginla.  Calgary has been in a downward spiral for a few years, and they won't have much need for Iginla if they fail to make the playoffs, again.  If the Bruins offered the Flames one of THEIR first round picks in the next couple of years + Caron + 1 other prospect and pick, I think they could get a deal done.  Just look at what NJ had to give up for Kovalchuk: practically nothing.  I know the situation is a little different, because Kovalchuk was a rental, but he is a better player than Iginla.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The Caps have a lot of Cap room...they need a quality Dman like Volchenkov...and a second line center...I listened to George McPhee on Hockeycentral and he said they could go cheap and stay with the young goalies...
    If it was for pure cap reasons I could see the Caps getting him for nothing...Wanna hear a crazy suggestion...Caps need a goalie and a 2nd line center...how about Semin for TT and Krejci?  Pure goals from Semin, imagine him with Savard or possibly Seguin or Bergie?

Just ideas...I wish I could be a GM...kinda like George off Seinfeld wanting to get into sport broadcasting

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

The Caps have a lot of Cap room...they need a quality Dman like Volchenkov...and a second line center...I listened to George McPhee on Hockeycentral and he said they could go cheap and stay with the young goalies... If it was for pure cap reasons I could see the Caps getting him for nothing...Wanna hear a crazy suggestion...Caps need a goalie and a 2nd line center...how about Semin for TT and Krejci?  Pure goals from Semin, imagine him with Savard or possibly Seguin or Bergie? Just ideas...I wish I could be a GM...kinda like George off Seinfeld wanting to get into sport broadcasting
    Posted by shuperman

No offense, but I wish you weren't the Bruins GM.  Semin for TT AND Krejci?  Why would you give up the Bruins' best all-around player?  Forwards can be found elsewhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

shuperman....this is probably the worst trade suggestion I have ever seen in my whole life...u gotta be joking man ...I wouldnt even trade Krejci one on one for Ovi ...WAKE UP MAN ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It was a suggestion...relax...

And I guess we don't need a 40 goal scorer who has better one on one skills than Ovie...yeah he wouldn't help us b/c we score so many goals...
    TT is basically to match out contracts...

Would it be better if Bergie was in there in his place?

I like Krejci as well...but in order to get you have to give...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

It was a suggestion...relax... And I guess we don't need a 40 goal scorer who has better one on one skills than Ovie...yeah he wouldn't help us b/c we score so many goals... TT is basically to match out contracts... Would it be better if Bergie was in there in his place? I like Krejci as well...but in order to get you have to give...
    Posted by shuperman

Just ignore StanleyCuptotheBruins and maybe he'll go away.  I get where you're coming from with that proposed deal, but trading Krejci (the Bruins' best player) isn't the answer to the team's problems.  They should focus on trading their abundance of picks and prospects rather than talented NHL-ready players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Let's face it, PC has a big decision matrix ahead. If Hall is gone , do we really need another center? Bergie's up for an extension and we know what he can do at the NHL level for the whole team effort. Should PC pick someone other than Seguin? Should he pick Seguin and then trade him for a strong scoring winger, and not Briere, I'd rather have VanRiemsdyk. PC's game plan must be in tatters somewhat because he has been shown how poorly some of the current roster play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Let's face it, PC has a big decision matrix ahead. If Hall is gone , do we really need another center? Bergie's up for an extension and we know what he can do at the NHL level for the whole team effort. Should PC pick someone other than Seguin? Should he pick Seguin and then trade him for a strong scoring winger, and not Briere, I'd rather have VanRiemsdyk. PC's game plan must be in tatters somewhat because he has been shown how poorly some of the current roster play.
    Posted by Bogie6

No, no, and no.  If the Bruins are left with Seguin, then they'll take him.  If this happens, then they'll have to move one of their centers (most likely Seguin- who can play all 3 forward positions) to the wing.  VanRiemsdyk is ok, but Seguin is projected to be a franchise-changing player.  If anything, the Bruins should trade Savard.  The way he sold out Sobotka still makes me sick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I wouldn't mind if we get stuck with seguin and if we dealt him well i don't know what i would say... I also am in favor of keeping thomas around after how tuukka finished the playoffs. If we keep thomas he provides competion to push tuukka every day in practice. Also if we keep him and he plays well his trade value will also go up. After all the young goalies i have seen be one year wonders for this tem best thing to do is keep TT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

shuperman....this is probably the worst trade suggestion I have ever seen in my whole life...u gotta be joking man ...I wouldnt even trade Krejci one on one for Ovi ...WAKE UP MAN ....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011
    Wouldn't trade Krejci for Ovechkin?! You're a complete moron!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

You don't pass up on Franchise players like Tyler Seguin.  Remember, this is Hockey, injuries happen.  We can put Seguin at wing for now and put him at Center if and when an injury occurs.  I am actually in favor of putting Bergy as the 1st line RW and start Seguin at C on the 3rd (Krecji on #2).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Do you guys think hall or seguin will get power play time with us right off the bat? I think they should give either of them some confidence and let em be creative on the pp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

3 points im gonna make

1.shuperman, I wouldnt even trade TT for semin straight up, never mind TT and krejci. Id make the caps take semin out of the deal and put in fleischman/knuble. I dont care about 40 goals, I would not want semin on the bruins. He is not a player that gives 110% and leaves it all out on the ice night in and night out. We already have enough of those players on the bruins. He has not scored a playoff goal since the 2009 quarterfinals game 7 against the rangers. He has gone 2 full length series without scoring a goal. He dissapears in big games when it counts most. He drives Boudreau, out of all people, crazy with his defense. He would be an absolute nightmare for julien

2.Notrools, I wouldnt make that trade either, but thats only because of ovechkins contract. he still has like 11 or so years at 9.5 mill per season. That is a lot of money to invest in one player, especially one who is 1-3 in postseason series. Ovechkin's great, but I don't think he is 100% a team player, nor do I think it is worth it to have him eat up 9.5 for 11 years. Unless its gretzky or lemieux, thats not worth it

3. On all of these threads, I keep reading that recchi should be a top priority. First off, that is embarrising that a teams top priority is to resign a 43 year old. Second, I just dont think thats the right route to go. We despreately need youth and skill, and recchi is the complete opposite of that. Guys like colborne, caron, sauve, marchand, lehtonen deserve a chance and they would be good for the team. Leadership can be found elsewhere for cheap. If boychuk and/or seidenberg dont work out and they hit free angency, I would not mind brining back arron ward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Tim,

I know we don't trade Krejci...but I don't think we trade our picks over the next 2 yrs either...just look at how all the good teams became contenders...chicago/caps/pens/flyers/ all became what they are b/c of a few yrs of quality drafts...Boston can do this without being the worst team in hockey...the next 2 yrs are vital for the franchise...

To me a guy like Bergie is bait...injury history...he isn't gonna be more than a 60 pt guy...30 goals max...why not unload him with TT and bring back a young player like Semin(there are other but he is the name I mentioned earlier). 

I think we will land Seguin and he should be slotted into the 3rd line center role immediately(similar to Jordan Stall).  We put Recchi with him and another player with muscle(my choice is to offer Clarkson a RFA contract). 
    Which would leave us with a 1st line of Semin/Savard/Lucic 
    2nd Line of Krejci/Sturm (UFA)
    3rd line was mentioned.
    4th line of Marchand/Sob/Ryder

thats a pretty balanced attack...

Everyone wants to keep Bergie but Washington needs a starter(TT) and it needs a 2nd line center (Bergie).  It also saves us money...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'd really like to see them go after Devin Setoguchi, the sharks won't have much money to spend and they owe guys like Nabokov and Marleau raises so he'll be the odd man out. Only 23, solid 25-30 goal scorer. Also, if Thomas gets dealt, maybe we could deal him to a team that neads a #1 goalie (tampa) and because of his contract, take on a goal scorer with a decent contract like Ryan Malone. About a 4M salary and about a 30 goal scorer a year. I REALLY like Setoguchi, and although I'm a bruins fan, Patrick Marleau is my favorite NHL player and watching the sharks a few times I've really developed a liking for Setoguchi.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hockey,

I think both Marleau and Nabby leave...especially Nabby...lots of goalies out there and he hasnt been sharp for a year or 2 now...they could easily spend half as much on a decent UFA...

I think San Jose could actually be spenders...their defense is cheap after Boyle...and Blake is likely to retire...then they have the 2 monster contracts in healtey/joe...

If anything I would love Joe Pavelski...but I like Devin as well...speed speed and finishes every hit...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Hockey, I think both Marleau and Nabby leave...especially Nabby...lots of goalies out there and he hasnt been sharp for a year or 2 now...they could easily spend half as much on a decent UFA... I think San Jose could actually be spenders...their defense is cheap after Boyle...and Blake is likely to retire...then they have the 2 monster contracts in healtey/joe... If anything I would love Joe Pavelski...but I like Devin as well...speed speed and finishes every hit...
    Posted by shuperman

I agree 100%. Plus, living outside San Jose for the last few years I got to see him play a decent amount, especially last year (dad went to college with one of the sharks "brass" members) and I really took a liking to him. Like I said, he's only 23, and scored 31 goals last year and although he only scored 21 this year, I still love his potential and upside. He is VERY QUICK, and a very talented player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

For all those hoping for Iginla, they'll probably ask for this:

To CGY: Blake Wheeler, Michael Ryder, Joe Colborne, 1st in 2010(15th overall)
    To BOS: Jarome Iginla

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

For all those hoping for Iginla, they'll probably ask for this: To CGY: Blake Wheeler, Michael Ryder, Joe Colborne, 1st in 2010(15th overall) To BOS: Jarome Iginla
    Posted by beantowngm15
    good trade idea beanie  id do it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

For all those hoping for Iginla, they'll probably ask for this: To CGY: Blake Wheeler, Michael Ryder, Joe Colborne, 1st in 2010(15th overall) To BOS: Jarome Iginla Posted by beantowngm15

I would do this but not with Colborne. Calgary would have 11Mil off the books after Ryder is done next summer so 3 live bodies not 4 plus cap relief ,which is what the Sutter brothers really need now, would be enough w/o big Joe for Jerome.

Cap relief plus a 1st rounder and a 2 time 20 something goal scorer would be quite sufficient. Jerome in a Bs uniform me oh my! PCs got the picks to do a package.