My tomato plants are doing great!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

My tomato plants are doing great!

Hello watch tower my tomato plants are healthy bright red tomato great tasting. Nothing like a real BLT sandwich with just right amt. of salt and pepper and mayo.
    For rest of my gardening just flipping awesome. LOL and take care of your gardens posters time to enjoy my morning coffee.

Crazy question what vegetable would you use to describe the Bruins roster ?

I would say a tomato because it stands out in a salad and is a great addition to assorted sandwiches.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: My tomato plants are doing great!

Instead of regular salt, use celery salt and see what difference it makes to your sandwich. You will not believe it.

Celery salt and tomatoes were made for each other.

What vegetable describes the Bruins line-up?  Eggplant. In the hands of a good chef or pickler it is very enjoyable to eat. In the hands of the average Joe - not much will happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Another treat with tomatoes:

One slice of Buffalo mozzarella, one slice of tomato on top, sprinkle with italian parsley, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vingear, some celery salt and pepper....what a joy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Crazy question what vegetable would you use to describe the Bruins roster ?

A hot pepper !

p.s. Last nite loaded up on tomatoes and made myself a simple salad with fresh basil, sea salt , lots of ground pepper and extra virgin olive oil .  Pleasing !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

In Response to Re: My tomato plants are doing great!:
    [QUOTE]Another treat with tomatoes: One slice of Buffalo mozzarella, one slice of tomato on top, sprinkle with italian parsley, drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vingear, some celery salt and pepper....what a joy.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Try chopping fresh basil instead if parsley.

Bruins = Red Hot Chilli Pepper. Offense will be more like 2008 - 2009. What can I say but, BAAAAAAAAA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to My tomato plants are doing great!:
    [QUOTE]Hello watch tower my tomato plants are healthy bright red tomato great tasting. Nothing like a real BLT sandwich with just right amt. of salt and pepper and mayo. For rest of my gardening just flipping awesome. LOL and take care of your gardens posters time to enjoy my morning coffee. Crazy question what vegetable would you use to describe the Bruins roster ? I would say a tomato because it stands out in a salad and is a great addition to assorted sandwiches.
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

potatoes.
    with meat.
    meat and potatoes.
    red meat with potatoes.
    red meat, rare, with potatoes.
    lean red meat, rare, with potatoes Chara style - one pat of butter if you want to go nuts, but usually plain.

uncooked red meat and raw potatoes.
    thrown on the ice.
    good rookies will fight each other to the death over it.

Vegetables are for the same people who score empty net goals according to Al Iafrate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Last nite loaded up on tomatoes and made myself a simple salad with fresh basil, sea salt , lots of ground pepper and extra virgin olive oil . Pleasing !"

Such an Italian Legion btw that sounds pretty darn good LoL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kinda had a couple Samuel Smith's organic lagers before dinner.  Summer food is so good, like NE fish (Cod) with a chutney avocado sauce, then beans, summer squash, corn and yes fresh sliced tomatoes.  I followed it up with a nice coffee in my Bruins mug.  Now I am wondering did the Samuel Smith beers influence the taste or was the dinner just good.  Once I ponder that I wonder if PC ate properly during the contract negotiations with Savard and Thomas.  

BTW when is the exact day of preseason?  I need a countdown!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to My tomato plants are doing great! : potatoes. with meat. meat and potatoes. red meat with potatoes. red meat, rare, with potatoes. lean red meat, rare, with potatoes Chara style - one pat of butter if you want to go nuts, but usually plain. uncooked red meat and raw potatoes. thrown on the ice. good rookies will fight each other to the death over it. Vegetables are for the same people who score empty net goals according to Al Iafrate.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Better have a colonoscopy before the season starts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Tomatoes can be made into juice, and tomato juice goes great with beer.

Toasted cheese and tomato is good too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsBabe33. Show BruinsBabe33's posts

I have to assume these are beefeaters we're talking about.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Living in Tampa permits two planting seasons a year...My fall tomato and sweet pepper plants are looking good. They will go in the ground in about four weeks...awesome heavy-bearing plum tomato plants...
    The soil is horrible down here...too much sand

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Hello O'brien by way nice Irish name my background is scottish/irish and eastern canada cultural  but live in southern ontario, i know sounds confusing but simple I am canadian which permits only one tomato season. Too much sand in soil correct if i am wrong but you need clay soil to add to your sandy soil. My soil was clay the opposite of your problem peat moss and sand broke the clay but it took a couple of years.

i know we are off topic regarding hockey sandy soil is great for growing asparagus i am not sure you like this vegie.

My question for you is what vegie reminds you of the bruins roster?

LOL of o'brien today is sunday whick bbq steak with fresh garden salad take care.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

thanks fellow posters for your tips and i can't wait until hockey season starts which will be salsa tortilla chips and a cold beverage for the hockey come to think of it all sports.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]thanks fellow posters for your tips and i can't wait until hockey season starts which will be salsa tortilla chips and a cold beverage for the hockey come to think of it all sports.

Aren't salsa chips too tex-mex for hockey watching?  Seems that something more yankee like potato skins would fit better.  The important thing, I find, is to be able to munch without taking your eyes off the action.  We all know how critical one second can be in a fast game.  My favorite is popcorn.  Grab and stuff in mouth. Or carrot sticks.  With juice or tea.  I know hockey watchers are great beer drinkers, but, truly, does not beer dull the eye-brain coordination needed for intense watching?

These are critical matters for the upcoming season....thanks for bringing them to our attention.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Yes CCM  beer does dull the attention usually i drink cold coca cola with the snacks. Your initial CCM is ironic CCM is company that makes  asst. sporting goods up here in the Great White. take care CCM LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Ha, yes, just by coincidence my initials are CCM.  That used to be the company that made all the skates and gear we used.  It was actually "Canadian Cycle and Motor" company, but had apparently diversified into hockey equip. When I was  kid we didn't say, "Bring your skates"; we said "Bring your CCMs"  

I wonder if CCM is still around and making skates and gear.  Anyone know?  What are the leading brands for skates now? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I am still finding info here about it used be very popular product with Canadian Tire Stores but i am not sure if it still exist or exhange ownership it was booming bus. for a long time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Aren't tomatoes now classified as fruit? Are you calling the Bruins fruits? Hell, maybe it will motivate them...wait lets go with Cumquats, a load of Cumquats on skates...OK wait -what do we call the Ice Girls?????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

[QUOTE]Hello O'brien by way nice Irish name my background is scottish/irish and eastern canada cultural  but live in southern ontario, i know sounds confusing but simple I am canadian which permits only one tomato season. Too much sand in soil correct if i am wrong but you need clay soil to add to your sandy soil. My soil was clay the opposite of your problem peat moss and sand broke the clay but it took a couple of years. i know we are off topic regarding hockey sandy soil is great for growing asparagus i am not sure you like this vegie. My question for you is what vegie reminds you of the bruins roster? LOL of o'brien today is sunday whick bbq steak with fresh garden salad take care.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Thx for the pointer about the asparagus and soil...good veggie! I'm Irish, Scot and German...not a good drinker by my DNA...but, what the hell!
    The Bruins remind me of a prickly pear or how about passion fruit! What are the Ice Girls then? hmmm food for thought...ha ha
    I will be grilling some juicey rib eyes and T bones next weekend.