Myers suspension?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirtybirds. Show dirtybirds's posts

Myers suspension?

Does anyone else feel or think Myers should be suspended for his blindside hit to Boychuck's head late in the second period

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Re: Myers suspension?

he should get two games thats what the new rule says and vanek hitting wheeler is the same type of backside hit ovechkin did to campbell no call on either complete bs

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

u are forgetting that collin campbell  is a tool he wont do a damn thing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

I'd be very surprised to see any suspensions.  The Bruins are going to have to win this on the ice and overcome the adversity.  That's what good teams do.  If you want to win, you have to overcome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Myers suspension?:
    he should get two games thats what the new rule says and vanek hitting wheeler is the same type of backside hit ovechkin did to campbell no call on either complete bs
    Posted by ignaceontario

Lets not be too biased, the hits ere no were close.. In force, in speed, in actual phsyical strength of the players etc.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

Try this once, perhaps even during this series:

Play referee during the entire game and try to call penalties for both teams.  Do not use the replays or the commentary by the broadcasters to help you.  Keep a running list of all penalties you see (obviously you won't have the whole ice to view unless you are at the game) on a nearby notepad.  Be honest here, call them for BOTH teams...not just the team you want to lose.  At the end of each period or at the end of the game, compare your totals to those actually called on the ice and see if you have the ability to be unbiased or not.  I think, for most people, the results will surprise you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitch19. Show nitch19's posts

In Response to Myers suspension?:
    Does anyone else feel or think Myers should be suspended for his blindside hit to Boychuck's head late in the second period
    Posted by dirtybirds

If you've been following along with the Randy Jones hit on Bergy, Bozo the Clown's hit on Alberts, Scott Walker's sucker punch on Ward and certainly, Cooke's hit on Saavy.........um, not likely.

The B's are on their own....wouldn't want it any other way.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

WAH WAH WAH

What a bunch of dreamers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Try this once, perhaps even during this series: Play referee during the entire game and try to call penalties for both teams.  Do not use the replays or the commentary by the broadcasters to help you.  Keep a running list of all penalties you see (obviously you won't have the whole ice to view unless you are at the game) on a nearby notepad.  Be honest here, call them for BOTH teams...not just the team you want to lose.  At the end of each period or at the end of the game, compare your totals to those actually called on the ice and see if you have the ability to be unbiased or not.  I think, for most people, the results will surprise you.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

Get where you going, and its a good thought, but you would be relying on the camera angles, and being close enough to the play etc..
    That being said I do hate being at a home game and hearing people yell/swear complain about a call against the bruins on a call I was able to make from the 12th row of the balcony...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screecwe. Show screecwe's posts

The hit was perfectly legal. Boychuk went to play the puck and myers put his upper arm/body into boychuks shoulder.
    http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/myers-hit-.html

You can watch the reply right there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The hit was perfectly legal. Boychuk went to play the puck and myers put his upper arm/body into boychuks shoulder. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2010/04/myers-hit-.html You can watch the reply right there.
    Posted by screecwe

That video, from that angle is impossible to see where myers hit him..

I do agreeits play off hockey and the bruins should have responded to it on their own, but you can't tell a thing from that angle, Boychuk head down, away from the play since he had over skated the puck and was trying to look back to see where it was, was indeed ina vounerable position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If this was a hit from Chara on a Buffalo player, Bruins fans would be happy and think that the Bruins are tough to play against.  I think that Boychuk is a Big Boy and has a game tomorrow where he can dish out retribution.  The Bruins need to have this kind of snarl.  Anyone see Shane Doan against the Red Wings the other night?  That is what the B's need to do, and I think that Lucic needs to be that guy, not that impressed with his play the other night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

That's playoff hockey.. certain things are going to get let go.. anyone that says that the standard of officiating is the same in the regular season as it is in the playoffs is either blind or a fool?  Never has been , never will be..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If Lucic did it he would of received a 2 game suspension. Remeber the Canadien series, he got 1 game for accidental high sticking(no blood) and Komisarek got nothing for intentionally breaking his stick on Lucic's face causing blood in the last game of the series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

forget about suspending this guy or suspending that guy without a win Saturday nothing really matters!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

It's time the B's step up and defend themselves and stop waiting for refs to call things on their behalf.. Yeah sure.. there could have been a series of penalties against the Sabres but I'd prefer to let these teams play and settle their on ice differences the old-fashioned way.. man to man.. Problem being is that the B's don't have the heart or character to do so.. On a different note: I fail to understand why the coaching staff is trying to convert Lucic into Neely.. Aint gonna happen.. let him run around and reik havoc.. if he scores he scores.. if not.. at least let the other team know he is out on the ice and they will need to keep their heads up... Why don't they park his butt in front of the net and screen Miller? He spends too much time in the corners and behind the net.. we need a big body in front to set up screens and to limit Millers view of the puck ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

In Response to Re: Myers suspension? : That video, from that angle is impossible to see where myers hit him.. I do agreeits play off hockey and the bruins should have responded to it on their own, but you can't tell a thing from that angle, Boychuk head down, away from the play since he had over skated the puck and was trying to look back to see where it was, was indeed ina vounerable position.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I like your post, if you don't like it then take it into your own hands, baseball play pichers do it all the time.  Johnny is a big boy and I hope he known what he needs to do NOW.