Natthen Horton is a bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeTheDrunk. Show JoeTheDrunk's posts

Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin

It is a salary dump because Wideman is simply not worth what he was being paid.  They would have given him away for nothing if they could and nobody would question trading the 15th pick for Horton. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I knew PC would find a way to screw this up. No way in a million years would i trade the 15th pick in arguably the best draft in years for a guy who has serious character issues. Why didn't we just keep Kessel. Ryder part 2! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

This is a good sign of things to come. Neely's influence is showing already. Chiarelli doesn't want #8 mad at him now that he's his boss.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I was off by one!

When I got the news, I predicted seven "Horton to the Bruins" threads.  So far, there are eight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

hmmm...........

I don't know enough about Horton to say this was a great trade, but I'm happy to see Wideman go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

We couldn't keep Kessell. He didn't want to be here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

One thing is for sure...Chia just threw a curve at Edmonton...we have a scoring wing.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeTheDrunk. Show JoeTheDrunk's posts

Thomas would have to be a salary dump as well.  No team wants to assume that contract without getting something back.  Why would anyone give up the 6th pick in the draft for an aging and overpaid goalie.  They should give Thomas away to any team willing to pick up his salary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin:
    We couldn't keep Kessell. He didn't want to be here.
    Posted by Bruins73

What the F*&^% does that have to do with this trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Horton is a much better player then Ryder IMO....if he was on the B's last year he would have led them in points with 10 fewer games then Bergeron.  Let's give the kid a chance before we start slamming him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Tough to see the Bruins lose their leading playoff scorer and their own No. 1 pick for another Black and Gold restoration project like Nathan Horton who has largely been a disappointment since being drafted #3 overall in the 2003 draft, and will be a $4 Million per season Cap hit...

Not the kinda of deal that I was hoping for, but let's hope that PC has more tricks up his sleeve than this...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : Whoever told you that this was a weak draft was being sarcastic
    Posted by pbergeron37

this is the point of view from a FLA fan. But I guess you have to give something to get something, wouldn't surprise me if the 15th pick was the centerpiece, everybody knows how bad Wideman can be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : What the F*&^% does that have to do with this trade.
    Posted by Reilly24

Another poster above my comment said this is a dumb trade and we should have just kept Kessell.

Sorry I should have replied to his post. But that's why I said that, and that's what the *&%$ it has to do with this discussion.

It was in this post.

First: 12/21/2004
    Last: 6/22/2010 

knew PC would find a way to screw this up. No way in a million years would i trade the 15th pick in arguably the best draft in years for a guy who has serious character issues. Why didn't we just keep Kessel. Ryder part 2! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

brandonboys1, not sure about Horton's character but from what I hear he is a good kid but got frustrated with Florida making no progress.  Who wouldn't be?  A change of scenery might do him good.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

Guys this is a great trade!! Just think, its basically Kessal and widemen, for Horton and Hall/seguin ......and Campbell who I think will be packaged in another deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

how can people be bashing Horton already. he has shown he can score 30 goals which is not bad for a #3 overall pick. His attitude sucked b/c he played in Florida, who wouldn't be mad playing for a team that constantly blows. And people saying he hasn't lived up to his potential, thats b/c he has played on a Florida team with, outside of a couple of players, has no talent. Odds are if u put him on a line with Savard or Kreji, he'll produce

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

xtodas - my point was that this is supposed to be the best draft since 05, and we all know what happened there.
    Posted by pbergeron37

yea I see what you're saying, I guess we can only hope Florida doesn't make a good choice @ the 15th selection

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Tough to see the Bruins lose their leading playoff scorer and their own No. 1 pick for another Black and Gold restoration project like Nathan Horton who has largely been a disappointment since being drafted #3 overall in the 2003 draft, and will be a $4 Million per season Cap hit... Not the kinda of deal that I was hoping for, but let's hope that PC has more tricks up his sleeve than this...
    Posted by RMiller87

dude get over wideman he s*cked...moving him improves the team...horton i dont know alot about but if he is physical that is good...if he can score even better... we will see

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The Panthers' GM, Dale Tallon, seems to have done well to acquire both the #3 and #15 picks for the upcoming 2010 draft in this deal...

Of course, Tallon had a lot to do with the drafting of many of the players for the Stanley Cup winning, Chicago Blackhawks, and looks to also be rebuilding the Panthers through the draft in securing a second first round pick this year...

We can only hope that Nathan Horton lives up to the expectations that many had of him when he was drafted #3 overall back in 2003...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : dude get over wideman he s*cked...moving him improves the team...horton i dont know alot about but if he is physical that is good...if he can score even better... we will see
    Posted by jcour382

Wideman was the Bruins leading playoff scorer this year...

Sorry, if that truth bothers you...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : Another poster above my comment said this is a dumb trade and we should have just kept Kessell. Sorry I should have replied to his post. But that's why I said that, and that what the *&%$ it has to do with this discussion. Ity was in this post. brandonboys1 Posts: 115 First: 12/21/2004 Last: 6/22/2010
    Posted by Bruins73

Oh, than I totally agree with you. Some people will never get over the Kessel trade.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gregory Campbell had 13 goals in 2009 with only 16:48 TOI per game that's not too bad this just might be syonara for Sobotka. Giving up the 15th means to me that PC is high on and keeping Colborne/Sauve/Caron to crack the lineup very soon probably next year maybe one of them this year.

The 32nd pick can still land you a darn good Dman it's almost a first rounder.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dskerr. Show dskerr's posts

This is not the way to start off a very, very important offseason.  As much as the Bruin fans HATE Wideman, he still is young and has trade value.  A lot of teams of looking for a top 4 defenseman who can carry the puck.  He had an absolutely terrible year, but to his credit he was one of the best Bruins in the playoffs.  Get a young RW with size is nice, but Wideman AND the 15th pick.....way, way too much.  The 15th pick should never have been in this deal.  Wideman and one of our 2nd round picks should have been enough.  I am very, very disappointed in this deal and losing that 2nd 1st round pick.....we didn't even gain any salary cap relief!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

This bites! I took a day off work to watch the draft friday.
    Gawd, it's hard being a Bruin's fan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

CAMPBELL IS A RFA
    Posted by rockett7

He'll make probably 800K or so. If we do end up drafting Seguin, this could spell the end for Sobotka (4 centers plus Seguin).