Natthen Horton is a bruin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325375#YourCallTop

comments on TSN.ca seem, there is overwhelming consensus that Boston got the better end of this deal

just saying...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin:
    In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : Oh, than I totally agree with you. Some people will never get over the Kessel trade.
    Posted by Reilly24

Yeah and I put that comment blind out there. So I see how you were like W T F is this guy talking about???? it's like let's move on already. Kessel is gone.

I am excited about a B's team with Horton and a hopefully healthy Krejci and Savard. Not to mention the #1 pick!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

What bites is your pic... now I can't concentrate on work for the rest of the day :(

This bites! I took a day off work to watch the draft friday. Gawd, it's hard being a Bruin's fan.
    Posted by biggskye

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

No, this trade means that  PC is going to make another move to get into another pick in the top 10, NOT that he is high on prospects.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I don't want a darn good d-man for the 32nd pick. The Bruins still need cap space and they still need goals. Anyone who thinks Horton will cure all the Bruins scoring woes is nuts. He may help solve the problem but he won't do it himself. The Bruins still need another scoring winger 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

This bites! I took a day off work to watch the draft friday. Gawd, it's hard being a Bruin's fan.
    Posted by biggskye

You said it, sister !

I think that Tallon took Chiarelli to the cleaners on this one, and the Bruins lose a No. 1 pick in 2010 in the process...

This Bruins' fan absolutely HATES seeing first round picks being traded unless it is for a superstar -- which Horton is not !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This is not the way to start off a very, very important offseason.  As much as the Bruin fans HATE Wideman, he still is young and has trade value.  A lot of teams of looking for a top 4 defenseman who can carry the puck.  He had an absolutely terrible year, but to his credit he was one of the best Bruins in the playoffs.  Get a young RW with size is nice, but Wideman AND the 15th pick.....way, way too much.  The 15th pick should never have been in this deal.  Wideman and one of our 2nd round picks should have been enough.  I am very, very disappointed in this deal and losing that 2nd 1st round pick.....we didn't even gain any salary cap relief!!!
    Posted by dskerr

100% Accurate
    #15 should have stayed here, and we should have received the #3, yes even for Wideman. A #2 D for a winger putting up 2nd line numbers for 1st line pay, if he tanks the posts will have him on here for 3 more years(he better score).

Totally rediculous getting another RFA, he hasn't signed the ones he already has, 29 goals in 5 years, is 26, he should get a lot of 1st line mins when injuries happen.

The #15 was not going to be a project, pick well and he should have been a lineup player.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

What bites is your pic... now I can't concentrate on work for the rest of the day :( In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin :
    Posted by mattbs

I'm Blind!!!!!!

:-)

Anywho, it's good to see Chia pulled the trigger on this one. I (for one) have been saying all along that Horton would flourish in a Bs uniform and the fact is, Wideman was a real goat on this team this year. As much as I wanted to see who the Bs would have picked at #15, you do have to give up something to get something and this trade WAS all about #15 (unproven) for Horton (proven) and salary dump of Wideman. Next to go? Wheeler and Thomas.

Just sayin...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

The fact that Wideman was our leading scorer in the play-offs was not a good thing and is reflective of our injuries and lack of a scoring winger this past postseason.

Not that he was the best scoring defenseman around. He would not be leading a healthy Bruins team in play-off scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=325375#YourCallTop comments on TSN.ca seem, there is overwhelming consensus that Boston got the better end of this deal just saying...
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Simply means that there are more Bruin fans than Panther fans commenting on TSN.ca...

Tallon drafted many of the players for the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks, and he is doing the same in securing high draft picks as GM for the Panthers...

Tallon knows what he is doing in building a team while the jury is still very much out on PC...  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I don't want a darn good d-man for the 32nd pick. The Bruins still need cap space and they still need goals. Anyone who thinks Horton will cure all the Bruins scoring woes is nuts. He may help solve the problem but he won't do it himself. The Bruins still need another scoring winger 
    Posted by lordy4

Horton is not the cure but Horton and our first pick this year + ? is a pretty darn good cure. All you negative Nelly's can cry all you want about every single move Boston makes. I think today is another positive step forward for the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Panthers' GM, Dale Tallon, seems to have done well to acquire both the #3 and #15 picks for the upcoming 2010 draft in this deal... Of course, Tallon had a lot to do with the drafting of many of the players for the Stanley Cup winning, Chicago Blackhawks, and looks to also be rebuilding the Panthers through the draft Posted by RMiller87

Tallon didn't acquire the 3rd overall pick the Panthers finished almost dead last. How hard is it for GMs of Washington, Chicago and Pittsburgh when team finishes in the bottom 5 every year ? It's not hard at all the GM is getting the best talent that the draft has to offer year after year.

Tallon is real good GM just not when he is near a fax machine. I don't consider Ray Shero or George McPhee great GMs because they inherited great top 5 picks year after year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Some of you complain no matter what....you b!tched when nothing was done at the deadline last season and now that he has pulled the trigger and gotten what would have been the next best player behind Kovalchuck at last years deadline you still complain.

I'm not happy about losing the #15 but Horton will score 30 goals next year for the B's.  And Wideman leaving will reduce my stress level because I would freak every time he touched the puck.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : Tallon didn't acquire the 3rd overall pick the Panthers finished almost dead last. How hard is it for GMs of Washington, Chicago and Pittsburgh when team finishes in the bottom 5 every year ? It's not hard at all the GM is getting the best talent that the draft has to offer year after year. Tallon is real good GM just not when he is near a fax machine. I don't consider Ray Shero or George McPhee great GMs because they inherited great top 5 picks year after year.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Tallon is a really good GM.

He drafted Keith and Seabrook.

He also made excellent trades for Patrick Sharp, Ben Eager and ahem...  Kris Versteeg.

I wish PC would stop dealing with this guy...

Tallon has already schooled him once on the Versteeg trade, and now, he is manging in the Eastern Conference....

Groan !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I wonder if PC got Campbell so that his dad will take it easy on the Bruins when it comes to NHL justice being dolled out for or against the Bruins?  We know his track record at skewering the Bruins in those matters..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

WOW I am overexcited about this deal ...Gregory Campbell is way better than Begin wich means Begin is gone ....and NAthan Horton is only 25 and already an impact player ....57 pts in only 65 games last seson, he already has 128 Goals scored in 5 seasons ...I am really excited...every time the BRUINS were playing the Panthers in the last few years it was a nightmare ...now  we are getting 2 of their players ...this is a great deal Mr Chiarelli ....now lets get Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin and we are in business ...with Wheel Looch Krejci Rask and now Horton + Seguin or Hall .......my predictions

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

I like this trade, getting Horton into a real hockey town like Boston will help him I think his play suffered playing in south Florida where there is 7,000 empty seats every night and nobody cares about the team a change of atmosphere is what this kid needed. Good trade for the Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Some of you complain no matter what....you b!tched when nothing was done at the deadline last season and now that he has pulled the trigger and gotten what would have been the next best player behind Kovalchuck at last years deadline you still complain. I'm not happy about losing the #15 but Horton will score 30 goals next year for the B's.  And Wideman leaving will reduce my stress level because I would freak every time he touched the puck.  
    Posted by TuukkainNet

I'm not happy about losing the team's No.1 scorer in this year's playoffs...

AND I'm REALLY, REALLY NOT HAPPY losing the Bruins first round pick...

I'm also not happy about paying out $4 Million next year for what could be another failed restoration project...

But I'm especially not happy that Tallon might have just taken Chiarelli to the cleaners again like he previously did on the deal for Kris Versteeg...

PC better hope that Horton works out next season...

Didn't one of the Bruins players make some off-the-record comments about Horton having "no heartbeat ?"   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Most GMs look like geniuses if you only concentrate on their successes, and those successes are thanks in part to inheriting truly abysmal teams - in this case, from a regime where the new GM was second-in-command and who drafted...well, nobody of note while serving as director of player personnel in the key years leading up to that ineptitude: 1998-2002.  Hey, maybe you say "he learned from his mistakes" but does that mean Marty Lapointe was a good signing for them? Or signing Huet to a huge deal after first signing Khabibulin to a huge deal?  Genius!  What about that lodestone of a contract Brian Campbell puts around Stan Bowman's neck?  Genius!  Look, I'll give the guy proper credit for the fact the team he built won the Cup, but he got lucky that none of their core players was injured, that they faced a team in the Finals with no legit goaltender (Cinderalla's clock struck midnight and they were left with Pumpkins), and that the stars aligned for them this year.  If they hadn't won, this offseason would have been a disaster for them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Natthen Horton is a bruin : Tallon is a really good GM. He drafted Keith and Seabrook. He also made excellent trades for Patrick Sharp, Ben Eager and ahem...  Kris Versteeg. I wish PC would stop dealing with this guy Posted by RMiller87

Seabrook was 14th overall in a very deep 2003 draft not impressed. He also signed Huet and and Campbell to awful contracts. Show me a link where a scout said at the time of the trade that Versteeg will have a better NHL career than Bochenski ?

Drafting Kieth trading for Sharp, Eager, and Ahem were smooth shrewed moves but so were the Recchi, Kobasew, Boychuk and McQuaid moves. Plus PC hasn't been fired for almost messing up contract extensions for star players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Horton is one ugly dude.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

This is a great trade Horton will have 30 goals this year at the least....do we really need all 8 of our first two rounds draft picks the nexted 2 years...the Bruins can win now if PC plays his cards right

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Once again. The fact that Wides led the team in scoring in the play-offs was and is pathetic. Not a good reason to be sad he's gone.

Stand up guy, nice guy, and may have good years ahead. But this deal works.

Hey maybe he goes and wins two rings like Hal Gill did.

Sections
Shortcuts