Neil Should Be Punished!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Neil Should Be Punished!

In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : Nitemare, appreciate the comments but your adding in some inacurate statements here .. I didn't say Neil ONLY fought non fighter's?? I said he picks his spots ? totally different.. I wouldn't take Neil on my team..that's why there is chocolate and vanilla I guess ..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Yes, you're right you did. Sorry for the mis-quote. I still don't see he necessarily picks his spots either. I mean let me paint this picture for you. Did Neil actually cheapshot Sieds? Did he give him a spear,or a head shot? There's a lot of different ways to show emotion. I think Chris Neil is a competitor & I like his response. Regardless of who it is? If Dennis turtled right away? Would Neil have stopped? Most likely yes. And we'd all have the oppotunity to comment on "Dennis Siedenberg is a P^$$Y" post. I just think that it happened to be Seidenberg that Neil got tangled up with. Seid's was po'd that Neil was in the crease area, wacking away to try & break the Shut-out! Neil was P'Oed that his team was lifeless & was getting booed by their own fans. Neil & Seids both handled the situation llike 2 hockey player's with some guts should.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Nitemare, some good points, they clashed and then the fight, as it was. I also have liked Neil's passion, but, he sometimes over reacts. Seids was great all night as we continue to see. Watching last night it is more apparent that this Bruins team does not need Sean Thornton, one of my favorite people, who took Seguin and Horton under his wing this past summer. It is appearing that the 4th line could add a better skater/passer/puck control player for Thornton. He hasn't done anything wrong, but the speed and expertise has passed him at this point.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE
    Hey Bogie, Whas UP? I do agree with the over reactions sometimes, but there's a big difference over reacting with a few punches than a stick, elbow , or knee.

Thorts & company played an awesome game last night & Marchand is getting better. Wish he'd bury something, but he's not taking dumb penalities & still playing every shift at 100%. I don't know but my feeling is. Once Marchand gets that first one. I think he'll get like 5 goals in 7 games. As far as Thorts speed & skill? I think he's ok. He's not causing goals & he's not hurting the team & he's part of a line that creates & causes the opposition to make turnovers, or keeps play in the neutral zone at least for the most part. I don't think changing anything on this team is necessary. When the team wins. Even Hunwick doesn't stand out so much. Although, there were a few times in the third where I cringed because I thought Matt was going to cause the loss of another bagel for TT. Too bad for that kid because his skating ability is really something special.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still thinking the league should have a chat with Neil, and maybe with the refs.  How does a known fighter get a roughing penalty for glove punching a defender repeatedly in the face after the play in order to provoke a fight NOT get an instigator in a 4-0 loss?  Isn't the whole point of the instigator in the last five minutes rule to prevent chuckleheads like Chris Neil from taking shots at non-fighters like Seidenberg - third star for the second straight game - when the game is already decided? I'd be happy to see Lucic or Chara or Thornton or even his ex-teammate McGrattan mash him for his idiocy and leave it at that - but I have no idea what that rule is there for if it doesn't apply to this situation.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    OK BB. I see what you're saying, but Siedenberg isn't a small Danny Briere here. If a Bruin did this to another player in a reversed role & someone came on here & said he should be suspended & is a chucklehead. I'd be asking that person why do they watch hockey? Out of all the things that Chris Neil could've done; this was the true hockey way! I'm a passionate hockey fan & then a Bruin fan. That play at the end in a 4-0 game in your home rink was a "hockey play" Well a North American hockey play anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : WHAT ??? No, on the contraire mon ami..I am sure there will be willing takers next game to hand Mr. Neil his lunch.. I am guessing your a novice to this game of hockey?  Ever hear of " The Code" not the DaVinci Code but the NHL Code.. Neil broke the code as far as I am concerned  by going after a non fighter period and others that do this job for a living look down on guys who pick their spots like Neil has done in his career.  He will pay and if he is man enough he will answer the bell.. Why didn' t  he pick a fight with  Chara, Lucic, or Thorton to name a few when they were out there?  because Neil always picks his spots.. Ever wonder whenever Toronto plays Ottawa that Carkner always has to take on Orr , Neil is nowhere to be found..Why is that? Gutless!! Glad to see your illustrious blogger on this site  agrees with me as well.. * Dennis Seidenberg needed one stitch to close a cut near his left eyebrow. After trading a few shots with Chris Neil, Seidenberg engaged with the Ottawa strongman, who opened up the cut. You can bet that Shawn Thornton will address the issue next time the two teams play.

Okay.  Yeah, I just started following hockey.  I'm a basketball guy, ya know?  So, when you said, "Going after Seids is bush league and doesn't look good on Neil with other pugilits" you meant that other fighters in the league will now want to fight him?  Doesn't that already happen?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Neil will get the tree bark beat off him in the next Ottawa/Boston game, probably by Thornton, maybe by Lucic. And Thomas will probably shut the Sens out too, because they S U C K!!!

The Bruins are not just good, they're dominant. That last game was a clinic. Back-to-back shutouts. You have to be happy for Tim Thomas. Can't wait for November 5 and another beatdown on the Caps. I love it when Chara keeps Ovie off the scoresheet. Who else can do this? Chara is a monster. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't really think that anything Neil did is against the rules or deserving of league punishment, and if you are a frustrated Ottawa fan you probably liked seeing someone react to the domination in that game, no matter how.

That said, I do think that Neil really exposes his preference for picking out a non-fighter and it did seem pretty gutless to be pounding away on Seidenberg, who seemed to be just trying to hang on.  He definitely picks his spots.  Neil should have had a fight in the second period to try to rally his team and he should have called out Thornton, Lucic, Stuart, etc.

Not a lot of respect for Neil right now, and I do hope that what comes around goes around.  No need for the league to get involved though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Actaully, again, there is a RULE that says basically, if the game is out of reach under 5 minutes left and you start a fight, its AUTOMATIC!!!  And, Im pretty sure it says fines will be handed out and possibly further punishment.  Why cant the league and refs get this stuff right?  The Sens basically broke the rules by having Neil out there, and him fighting DEFINITELY broke the rules, regardless of who started it and was willing to go.  Its AUTOMATIC with that little amount of time left. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Actaully, again, there is a RULE that says basically, if the game is out of reach under 5 minutes left and you start a fight, its AUTOMATIC!!!  And, Im pretty sure it says fines will be handed out and possibly further punishment.  Why cant the league and refs get this stuff right?  The Sens basically broke the rules by having Neil out there, and him fighting DEFINITELY broke the rules, regardless of who started it and was willing to go.  Its AUTOMATIC with that little amount of time left. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

But he didn't get an instigator bigvig.  With the way they were jostling in front of the net and Seidenberg was (rightly) giving him some chops it was not a clear cut instigator.  It is not breaking the rules to have Neil out there, and it is not breaking the rules to have him fight as far as the league is concerned.  It is a penalty, and he got two penalties called on him.

It was a pretty gutless act and Neil should be ashamed of picking out Seidenberg instead of a fighter.  But there is no reason for the league to be involved, IMO.  The Bruins will have to administer some justice on their own.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I thought it was an automatic instigator if it was under 5 minutes and the game was out of reach?  I could have sworn I heard they didnt want teams who were obviously going to lose playing their "tough guys" with under 5 to go because they wanted to do away with this sort of stuff?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

To be honest, I am not certain that I know the rule.  I thought that the automatic suspension only came about when an instigator penalty was called by the ref on the ice.  It seems like something that is only really enforced in the playoffs anyhow.

Because this is not a playoff series, the suspension doesn't matter much to me, because Neil sitting out against some other team doesn't really do anything for the Bruins.  My preference would be that Neil have to face the music the next time they play each other.  And if he won't step up and fight one of our tough guys then let's see how Ottawa likes having their skill defensemen jumped by Thornton or Lucic when the game is out of hand.

Reading McGratton's comments about Neil in the Globe today were amusing.  Looks like Matt Carkner will have to answer the bell for him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Actaully, again, there is a RULE that says basically, if the game is out of reach under 5 minutes left and you start a fight, its AUTOMATIC!!!  And, Im pretty sure it says fines will be handed out and possibly further punishment.  Why cant the league and refs get this stuff right?  The Sens basically broke the rules by having Neil out there, and him fighting DEFINITELY broke the rules, regardless of who started it and was willing to go.  Its AUTOMATIC with that little amount of time left. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're wrong.

The rule states nothing of a game being out of reach.  If a player receives an instigator penalty with less than five minutes left in the third, it goes under review and the player may be suspended.

Feel free to use the internet to check your facts before posting something like this again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

OMG McGrattan is going to pound up on Neil, I think he is trash talking to get in the lineup myself but he does speak close to the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : Yes, you're right you did. Sorry for the mis-quote. I still don't see he necessarily picks his spots either. I mean let me paint this picture for you. Did Neil actually cheapshot Sieds? Did he give him a spear,or a head shot? There's a lot of different ways to show emotion. I think Chris Neil is a competitor & I like his response. Regardless of who it is? If Dennis turtled right away? Would Neil have stopped? Most likely yes. And we'd all have the oppotunity to comment on "Dennis Siedenberg is a P^$$Y" post. I just think that it happened to be Seidenberg that Neil got tangled up with. Seid's was po'd that Neil was in the crease area, wacking away to try & break the Shut-out! Neil was P'Oed that his team was lifeless & was getting booed by their own fans. Neil & Seids both handled the situation llike 2 hockey player's with some guts should.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

According to quote today by McGrattan sounds like Neil has none ..Wow, pretty scathing comment on a fellow union member..

"I heard about it," McGrattan said of Neil's actions. "That's typical Chris Neil. I had to protect that guy for three years when I was there. He'd do that and I'd have to fight all his battles for him the next time we'd play a team after he'd do something stupid like that. It doesn't surprise me."

I've been around him long enough to know he does that. Then I'm the one who usually has to fight his battles the next time. It's typical."

Please CJ put this guy in next game against Ottawa..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : According to quote today by McGrattan sounds like Neil has none ..Wow, pretty scathing comment on a fellow union member.. "I heard about it," McGrattan said of Neil's actions. "That's typical Chris Neil. I had to protect that guy for three years when I was there. He'd do that and I'd have to fight all his battles for him the next time we'd play a team after he'd do something stupid like that. It doesn't surprise me." I've been around him long enough to know he does that. Then I'm the one who usually has to fight his battles the next time. It's typical." Please CJ put this guy in next game against Ottawa..

McGrattan's comments are amusing but unsurprising. He describes Neil very well. Can't stand the guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Anyone remember when Chris Neil cheapshoted Chris Drury across the middle (Matt Cooke style) when Drury was a Sabre?  Spezza and Ray Emery ended up having to fight Andrew Peters and Adam Mair because of that clown.  His teammates have had to cash a lot of checks that Neil runs around writing, none more than Brian McGratton.  Hope it catches up with him soon...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Spare Lucic and Z a trip to the penalty box. Thornton although gutsy, willing and adequate still not the heavyweight we need to flip Neil around like a rag doll. Just bring up Mc G for a game and stop this punk in his tracks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Oh for Pete Sakes! Seriously? Is the NHL & their "Oh my goodness stop the violence!" ways really getting to us that much? It was a couple of punches! What the he!! is wrong with that!
    Mr. McG should be thanking Chris O'Neil because Mr. G wouldn't have lasted as long as he did & got him paid an extra 100k or so! Jeez, look at what Briere did! Is that what would make it better! This is hockey! Keep up the good work Neil & I'd still take you on my team anyday. Ahead of McG, because you're a lot more useful than he is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : WHAT ??? No, on the contraire mon ami..I am sure there will be willing takers next game to hand Mr. Neil his lunch.. I am guessing your a novice to this game of hockey?  Ever hear of " The Code" not the DaVinci Code but the NHL Code.. Neil broke the code as far as I am concerned  by going after a non fighter period and others that do this job for a living look down on guys who pick their spots like Neil has done in his career.  He will pay and if he is man enough he will answer the bell.. Why didn' t  he pick a fight with  Chara, Lucic, or Thorton to name a few when they were out there?  because Neil always picks his spots.. Ever wonder whenever Toronto plays Ottawa that Carkner always has to take on Orr , Neil is nowhere to be found..Why is that? Gutless!! Glad to see your illustrious blogger on this site  agrees with me as well.. * Dennis Seidenberg needed one stitch to close a cut near his left eyebrow. After trading a few shots with Chris Neil, Seidenberg engaged with the Ottawa strongman, who opened up the cut. You can bet that Shawn Thornton will address the issue next time the two teams play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! :
    Posted by Macacanadiannut[/QUOTE]

I guess i can't say that on here

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! : What?  Do you think others won't fight him now?  "Jeez, Chris, thanks for the texts and the tweets about staging a fight in the next game, but I gotta be honest with you.  At the end of that 4-0 drubbing by Boston on your home ice, you sort of got angry there and threw some punches at another hockey player.  You know that's not how our kind does things.  I'm going to decline your invitation."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He’s pointing out that other fighters wouldn’t like seeing Neil go after a Seidenberg, not that they would say no to fighting him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GahdenBoy. Show GahdenBoy's posts

Obviously Neil hasnt forgot about this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRAs6H2hMHM&feature=related

No wonder he took on Seidenberg...hahaha...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Neil Should Be Punished! :   He’s pointing out that other fighters wouldn’t like seeing Neil go after a Seidenberg, not that they would say no to fighting him.
    Posted by CanadianBruin[/QUOTE]

I don't think any of them are losing sleep over it. 

Sections
Shortcuts