NESN channel for Canadiens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: NESN channel for Canadiens

There is no way even if you had Direct TV which carries NESN once the game starts NESN goes black (outside of New England I believe). You have to suffer through listening to terribly called games.

I laugh when people complain about Jack n Brick as I have suffered the last 3 years of having NHL Center Ice. Some of the regional Fox Sports announcers for Carolina, St. Louis, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Dallas etc. Terrible!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

I have Directv (in PA) and I get every game on NESN w/Center Ice except when the B's are shown on the NHL Network (Ch.215). I had Comcast years ago and it was blacked out when they played the Flyers. NESN is part of the Sports package so I get all NESN programming as well.
    DirecTV is the way to go IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I had NHL Center Ice with Direct TV in California so for whatever reason NESN went black once the Bruins started some regional BS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

In Response to NESN channel for Canadiens:
    I have Centre Ice, so I end up getting pretty much every Bruins game, but they are not always NESN.  Does anyone know how I can get the games covered by NESN.  My preference would be to get NESN all the time.  Any ideas would be appreciated
    Posted by BigNickster

I asked to Star Choice (now Shaw Direct) 4 years ago if they can offer NESN. They answered me that it was not possible at that time. Now, I have nhl center ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens:
    In Response to NESN channel for Canadiens : I asked to Star Choice (now Shaw Direct) 4 years ago if they can offer NESN. They answered me that it was not possible at that time. Now, I have nhl center ice.
    Posted by carltetus

It has nothing to do with Star choice/ShawDirect, Rogers or Bell expressview. It's because of the CRTC- Canadian Radio & Televison Commission that won't allow NESN to be shown in Canada. We supposedly live in a democracy, but yet the CRTC has control of what were allowed to watch in our own home. The Gov't has allowed the CRTC to have this control. It's all about money! If a certain channel does not show a certain percentage of Canadian content; then that's CRTC's job to make sure that particular channel cannot become available  this side of the border. The other reason is if a certain Bruin's game is being covered by TSN which is a Canadian network, they don't want us Canadians to have choice. They make sure we are FORCED to watch the game on TSN, or nothing.
    There are other alternatives of getting around this garbage, but this isn't the place to discuss it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The word is spelled "CanadiAns" as in citizens of Canada, and not the hockey team that many Bruin fans seem to have both an obsession and inferiority complex about.

The mandate of the CRTC is to provide a wide range of programming that reflects Canadian attitudes, opinions, ideas, values and artistic creativity.

The inane droning of Jack Edwards adds little to that mix.

Keep up the excellent work, CRTC !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : It has nothing to do with Star choice/ShawDirect, Rogers or Bell expressview. It's because of the CRTC- Canadian Radio & Televison Commission that won't allow NESN to be shown in Canada. We supposedly live in a democracy, but yet the CRTC has control of what were allowed to watch in our own home. The Gov't has allowed the CRTC to have this control. It's all about money! If a certain channel does not show a certain percentage of Canadian content; then that's CRTC's job to make sure that particular channel cannot become available  this side of the border. The other reason is if a certain Bruin's game is being covered by TSN which is a Canadian network, they don't want us Canadians to have choice. They make sure we are FORCED to watch the game on TSN, or nothing. There are other alternatives of getting around this garbage, but this isn't the place to discuss it!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Let me call you the waaaaaahhhhhhhh-mbulance, sir....

Do all of the Montreal Canadiens games get broadcast in Massachussets...

What's that you say ?

But I thought that state was a democracy !! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Edwards is the most unprofessional sports announcer in hockey.

So what if we just continue to ignore Jack ?

History will be made !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The word is spelled "CanadiAns" as in citizens of Canada, and not the hockey team that many Bruin fans seem to have both an obsession and inferiority complex about. Posted by RMiller87

Over 1200 posts in a little over 5 months trolling a hockey board for a team that you don't support.

Tell me again who has the obsession and inferiority complex?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Over 1200 posts in a little over 5 months trolling a hockey board for a team that you don't support. Tell me again who has the obsession and inferiority complex?
    Posted by Crowls2424

Spot on!  The first time this poster offerred his allegiance to the Montreal Canadien, he wrote Montreal Canadians.... now that is a true fan there! Heh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Excuse me !

Was I talking to any of you ?

No, I was talking to the guy who publicly questioned the role of the CRTC here.

Believe me, I don't want to see Luchicken running guys head first from behind into the boards to the squealing delight of the unbalanced and unprofessional fools that NESN calls hockey broadcasters.

If someone thinks that is an imfringement of their democratic rights, they should move to Massachussets.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Miller, go back to that little hole in the wall you call home and play with yourself, cause no one here wants you in this sandbox.
    Bruin4, over and out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Rmiller87
    "The word is spelled "CanadiAns" as in citizens of Canada, and not the hockey team that many Bruin fans seem to have both an obsession and inferiority complex about."

Rmiller87
    "Excuse me !

Was I talking to any of you ?

No, I was talking to the guy who publicly questioned the role of the CRTC here."

Let me see adressing and then insulting Bruins fans in your typical egotistical fashion. Sounds like you were talking to us. Return to your cave troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Posts from RMiller87 are hidden

Why 100% of the people on this board don't have this moronic troll on ignore is beyond me. Just do it folks....he'll go away once nobody is paying attention to his pathetic cry for attention.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Posts from RMiller87 are hidden Why 100% of the people on this board don't have this moronic troll on ignore is beyond me. Just do it folks....he'll go away once nobody is paying attention to his pathetic cry for attention.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Sorry, NESN ain't getting in to Canada. 

Laughing like a maniac after a player gets drilled head first into the boards from behind doesn't reflect Canadian attitudes or values.

Not going to happen, I am afraid !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Done, Miller is IGNORED!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Oh... and Jack lovers...

This is what I think of NESN trying to gain access into the Canadian market...

Mwa-hah-hah-hah-hah !

Never going to happen...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Excuse me ! Was I talking to any of you ? No, I was talking to the guy who publicly questioned the role of the CRTC here. Believe me, I don't want to see Luchicken running guys head first from behind into the boards to the squealing delight of the unbalanced and unprofessional fools that NESN calls hockey broadcasters.
    Posted by RMiller87

Hrm, I think you might be mistaking Looch for your idol Max Lapierre who again Wednesday vs TB had a boarding penalty and refused to fight (surprise!)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Actually, the RDS commentators criticized Lapierre for that hit during their broadcast.

They certainly didn't act like some immature teenager pepped up on goofballs like Homer Edwards usually does or go into some stupid on-air diatribe about the Revolutionary War.

You, folks, find Edwards amusing...  We don't...

It's that simple ! 

Again, thanks...  but no thanks to NESN... 

Just stop asking, now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

RMiller87 - Speaking of RDS, did you see the intermission thing during that game with Gaston something (A la une i think it's called?). They were talking about how teams that opened their seasons in eurpoe over the last few years had won the cup the same year. Chicago last year, Pittsburgh and Detroit before that, etc.. And he said that of the teams that played in europe this year if the trend continues he picked the Bruins to win the cup.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with you, those RDS guys do know what they're talking about :D

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

IGNORED.
    the most pathetic thing is that this must be all he has in his life.
    1200 troll posts, always with a condescending ignorance pervading...pretty sad really.

Please go away RMiller, you add nothing. No insight, no knowledge, no humour.
    Go troll the Gazette.

Remember you PROMISED to go away forever if Seguin stays past 9 games. but I don't expect you'll honor that either.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macacanadiannut. Show Macacanadiannut's posts

We'll just continue to ignore Jack here too. Thanks, but no thanks to NESN ! Signed, All Canadians
    Posted by RMiller87

Don't speak for all Canadians.You are a poor example of one.I would rather live in the States then Quebec anyday!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

RMiller87 - Speaking of RDS, did you see the intermission thing during that game with Gaston something (A la une i think it's called?). They were talking about how teams that opened their seasons in eurpoe over the last few years had won the cup the same year. Chicago last year, Pittsburgh and Detroit before that, etc.. And he said that of the teams that played in europe this year if the trend continues he picked the Bruins to win the cup. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree with you, those RDS guys do know what they're talking about :D
    Posted by BigPapaBear72

That's better.

But I am not going to argue that point with you.

I am still uncertain as to why anyone would think that programming from an American station regarding an American team would anyway reflect Canadian content or attitudes especially with some maniacal nutcase drawing parallels between a hockey game and the Revolutionary war.  

I was once a critic of the CRTC, but I see the clear need for it now.

Perhaps, this Edwards fellow is plotting to take over Canada ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Don't speak for all Canadians.You are a poor example of one.I would rather live in the States then Quebec anyday!
    Posted by Macacanadiannut

That's not very nice !

Quebec is an integral part of Canada so you should really get to understand Quebecers.

They are really very nice people when you get to know them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Regardless of what you may think of NESN, in this day and age we should have access to any channel we want to see. There's no reason for the CRTC imposed restrictions on cable providers. I understand NESN would not be a logical choice for a Canadian cable or satellite provider to put on their base package but I should be able to order it if I'm willing to pay for it.

Sections
Shortcuts