NESN channel for Canadiens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: NESN channel for Canadiens

Please Please stop quoting the troll, I have him on ignore and my day is much better when I do not have to read anything he has typed.  He is just a troll try to get attention.  I have never put anyone on ignore before but trust me it is worth it in this case.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens:
    [QUOTE]Regardless of what you may think of NESN, in this day and age we should have access to any channel we want to see. There's no reason for the CRTC imposed restrictions on cable providers. I understand NESN would not be a logical choice for a Canadian cable or satellite provider to put on their base package but I should be able to order it if I'm willing to pay for it.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]

Ah - ha !

So, you do not deny that Edwards may have bigger plans in mind than just simply being a homer hockey broadcaster ???

Well, we're certainly through the looking glass here, people

Again, I reiterate that the CRTC provides a wide range of programming that reflects Canadian attitudes, opinions, ideas, values and artistic creativity.

How would NESN, an American network broadcasting American teams, fit in in anyway with the CRTC's mandate ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If your Revolutionary Edwards comes to Canada, he will be in direct violation of The Broadcast Act (section 3.1(d)(ii)) of the CRTC.

If we apprehend him on these charges, we will reform him from his wayward ways by having him listen to Celine Dion, eat three square meals of poutine daily and dress in a Habs jersey.

You have been forewarned !

Adieu !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

As a Canadian I have no issues with saying, the CRTC is a joke.  Maybe the CRTC should focus on removing sex, drug, and alcohol talk from our radios and televisions as opposed to censoring Hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

It doesn't really matter whether you think that the CRTC is a joke ?

The Broadcast Act (section 3.1(d)(ii)) exists.

If I must pay the CRTC bills, I want the CRTC to ensure that it follows its mandate in providing Canadian content -- not American content.

There are six Canadian hockey teams, and the Bruins aren't one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]As a Canadian I have no issues with saying, the CRTC is a joke.  Maybe the CRTC should focus on removing sex, drug, and alcohol talk from our radios and televisions as opposed to censoring Hockey.
    Posted by everyname[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! It's ridiculous how much power they really do have.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Over 1200 posts in a little over 5 months trolling a hockey board for a team that you don't support. Tell me again who has the obsession and inferiority complex?
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

LOL, beat me to it... isnt he sad... he is so worried about the habs this year you can almost him quiver as he types.

hey miller La flower is a crimnal!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]There is no way even if you had Direct TV which carries NESN once the game starts NESN goes black (outside of New England I believe). You have to suffer through listening to terribly called games. I laugh when people complain about Jack n Brick as I have suffered the last 3 years of having NHL Center Ice. Some of the regional Fox Sports announcers for Carolina, St. Louis, Anaheim, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Dallas etc. Terrible!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    You certainly appreciate Jack and Brick after listening to most other teams announcers.Living in Canada I have to put up with that blowhard Pierre Mcguire most games.Pierre knows more about hockey than anyone.Just ask him.And what's with the French-Irish name anyway?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]We'll just continue to ignore Jack here too. Thanks, but no thanks to NESN ! Signed, All Canadians
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    I didn't sign that!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Regardless of what you may think of NESN, in this day and age we should have access to any channel we want to see. There's no reason for the CRTC imposed restrictions on cable providers. I understand NESN would not be a logical choice for a Canadian cable or satellite provider to put on their base package but I should be able to order it if I'm willing to pay for it.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]

Yea & I have called the CRTC. I have called my Goverment rep. I even had over 3500 people sign a petition in my birth home in NB. All Bruin fans & Red Sox fans. I got a response from the CRTC quoting their law about having Canadian content. The Goverment rep basically sent me an F.O letter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Canadians on Bell network ,  the game is free on channel 426 AND it's NESN !
    Nites,  you're so right,  only CRTC can ruin a Super Bowl, if you know what I mean.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Canadians on Bell network ,  the game is free on channel 426 AND it's NESN ! Nites,  you're so right,  only CRTC can ruin a Super Bowl, if you know what I mean.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Yea, I know it show's on the center ice package. Sometimes it'll be Nesn! You never get the pre or post game shows. I can't watch the BUZZ, or any other Bruins shows. Hell, even Charlie Moore has some good Bruins on his fishing show!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Yea & I have called the CRTC. I have called my Goverment rep. I even had over 3500 people sign a petition in my birth home in NB. All Bruin fans & Red Sox fans. I got a response from the CRTC quoting their law about having Canadian content. The Goverment rep basically sent me an F.O letter.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Good for the Government rep...

I fully agree with them !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Keep up the great work, CRTC...

Canadian content rules !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : LOL, beat me to it... isnt he sad... he is so worried about the habs this year you can almost him quiver as he types. hey miller La flower is a crimnal!
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

Actually, Lafleur was acquitted of all by a Quebec Superior Court.

Hey, I am for free speech, but not idiotic and factually incorrect speech.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Keep up the great work, CRTC... Canadian content rules !

Then why are you wasting your time on an American newspaper website?  The new season of Being Erica started last week!

In the meantime, enjoy protectionism while you can.  The second an American government decides the CRTC's mandate runs counter to NAFTA, you'll have to stream Being Erica live because it's time slot will belong to some reality TV show about compulsive eating/gambling/responding to trolls.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Then why are you wasting your time on an American newspaper website?  The new season of Being Erica started last week! In the meantime, enjoy protectionism while you can.  The second an American government decides the CRTC's mandate runs counter to NAFTA, you'll have to stream Being Erica live because it's time slot will belong to some reality TV show about compulsive eating/gambling/responding to trolls.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Fn funny !!!! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Here's me laughing at YOU in thinking that the CRTC is going to drop their Canadian content rules just to allow NESN broadcasts in Canada...  

What do you think that Jack Edwards is special or something ?

He's special all right !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Ah - ha ! So, you do not deny that Edwards may have bigger plans in mind than just simply being a homer hockey broadcaster ??? Well, we're certainly through the looking glass here, people Again, I reiterate that the CRTC provides a wide range of programming that reflects Canadian attitudes, opinions, ideas, values and artistic creativity. How would NESN, an American network broadcasting American teams, fit in in anyway with the CRTC's mandate ?

You're a little bit nuts. Overall I don't have a problem with the CRTC, and I respect their mandate, but sometimes they pick and choose what rules they're going to use and when. How is getting NESN any different than getting TBS, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Fox News, Fox Sports World, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, BBC News etc. No Canadian content, and all are available north of the 49th.

In fact, I used to be able to get NESN years ago in Calgary on Shaw, then the CRTC arbitrarily changed their mind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I would never put RMILLER87 on ignore---- He provides me with a whole bunch of laughter from his moronic self absorbed pathetic posts.  Keep them coming you stupid fool.

Life is like a box of chocolates.................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : You're a little bit nuts. Overall I don't have a problem with the CRTC, and I respect their mandate, but sometimes they pick and choose what rules they're going to use and when. How is getting NESN any different than getting TBS, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Fox News, Fox Sports World, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, BBC News etc. No Canadian content, and all are available north of the 49th. In fact, I used to be able to get NESN years ago in Calgary on Shaw, then the CRTC arbitrarily changed their mind.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    It's because those are Nationwide networks. Stupid I know. I have 1 great grandfather & 2 grandfathers that fought for my democracy, but it's not a democracy when the ability to have a choice is taken away from you. We have the freedom of speech, but not the freedom of want! Sorry, this subject really burns my A^^!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : You're a little bit nuts. Overall I don't have a problem with the CRTC, and I respect their mandate, but sometimes they pick and choose what rules they're going to use and when. How is getting NESN any different than getting TBS, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, Fox News, Fox Sports World, ABC, NBC, CBS, BBC, BBC News etc. No Canadian content, and all are available north of the 49th. In fact, I used to be able to get NESN years ago in Calgary on Shaw, then the CRTC arbitrarily changed their mind.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Yaso said it good.  I might just remove the ignore or this ignoramus

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Hey, I am for free speech, but not idiotic and factually incorrect speech.

Wow, I can't believe you out of all people would say that... Maybe it's time to start practicing what you preach?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: NESN channel for Canadiens : Actually, I have "freedom of speech and freedom of want" in Canada... And I "want" NESN and Jack Edwards kept out. I also "want" Canadian content on my radio and television. Now, be a good lad and do as the Goverment rep told you !  
    So what you are saying is, that if Edwards were allowed to be viewed in Canada, he's become a dominant personality and replace Cherry?  That he would push out all Canadian content, so that it is replaced by his smiling mug?  You fear him that much?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

Miller I check this forum every few days and it’s obvious that you post here on a daily basis. You are responsible for half of the posts on this thread alone. You don’t like the bruins, but you must enjoy having people react to your posts. It might be time to look at what you’re doing with your life. I’m sure you could find better ways to occupy your time than cyber agitating on a rival team’s cite. I think having your kind of attitude would make it pretty hard to enjoy life. Enjoy the rivalry and stop trying to wake the bear.