nesn hall wants boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

nesn hall wants boston

Aside from the fact that the B's are in desperate need of a winger who can finish, another factor could make Hall and Boston a match made in hockey heaven: Hall's agent, Bobby Orr.

"Boston is special. I've heard great things about the city and I'd be honored to be selected by the Bruins," Hall told the Journal. "My agent is Bobby Orr, so I'm familiar with the Bruins and their history as one of the Original Six teams. I think it would be a great situation for me

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: nesn hall wants boston

In Response to nesn hall wants boston:
    Aside from the fact that the B's are in desperate need of a winger who can finish, another factor could make Hall and Boston a match made in hockey heaven: Hall's agent, Bobby Orr . "Boston is special. I've heard great things about the city and I'd be honored to be selected by the Bruins," Hall told the Journal. "My agent is Bobby Orr, so I'm familiar with the Bruins and their history as one of the Original Six teams. I think it would be a great situation for me
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

Great news.He is the guy I would like to see the Bruins trade up to get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to nesn hall wants boston:
    Aside from the fact that the B's are in desperate need of a winger who can finish, another factor could make Hall and Boston a match made in hockey heaven: Hall's agent, Bobby Orr . "Boston is special. I've heard great things about the city and I'd be honored to be selected by the Bruins," Hall told the Journal. "My agent is Bobby Orr, so I'm familiar with the Bruins and their history as one of the Original Six teams. I think it would be a great situation for me
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr

I say, sign a top scorer for Savard and draft Hall and stick him next to Bergeron. He will blossom rapidly under a leader and can learn a lot from such a smart and hard working player like Patrice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Yea put Hall with the least offensive center on the team, brilliant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

I guess winning the Stanley Cup is not big on Hall's list. 39 LONG years and counting!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

In Response to Re: nesn hall wants boston:
    I guess winning the Stanley Cup is not big on Hall's list. 39 LONG years and counting!!!
    Posted by rickrand3

hahaha. classic

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

In Response to nesn hall wants boston : I say, sign a top scorer for Savard and draft Hall and stick him next to Bergeron. He will blossom rapidly under a leader and can learn a lot from such a smart and hard working player like Patrice.
    Posted by xenimus

I love the 2nd line- young players who can blossom together, I like your thinking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

Posted by bim09

if you are referring to the previous suggestion about pairing him with Bergeron being a bad idea then you are a complete idiot.  Nothing could be better than to pair a young player with Patrice to learn how to be a player and a pro.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Forget about it! The story in TSN yesterday was how the Laffs were playing better and the B's might not even get a top 5 pick, never mind Hall.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yep, and I want to breed a gorilla with a chinchilla and teach it to play left wing, but that's as likely as a draft eligible kid being able to pick his team (Lindros excepted - that biiiiiitch).

Toronto Sports Network does like to fluff the home team.  Not a lot of hockey left, and while the Leafs have been playing better, so have all of the teams that are unofficially eliminated.  It'll be whatever it'll be.  There's a lottery to wait in any case, so even if the Laffs end up with the second worst record, there's not guarantee that the Bruins pick second.  Once you're at third, the rankings between 3-6 have shifted around a fair bit and differ between outlets.  I'll still take it, but it does make the second #1 from Toronto more important when evaluating the deal.

Oh, and while the 39 yrs thing is funny enough, I would much rather watch a player who thinks he can make a team a winner than one who wants to go to a winner.  I loathe guys who take the easy was to a championship - sacrilage but I'd even think a little less of Ray for leaving if he'd won the first season in Colorado rather than the second when he was clearly such an important part of that team's psyche. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The sad part is, if the Bs do get 2nd pick, edmonton will hold hall for ransom.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I'm not sure Wally, I think they're going to choose who they want to regardless. They're more stacked at wing than center, so Seguin could make more sense. But if Edmonton wants Hall I don't see them letting him go. From what the reports say Edmonton wants both, and they offered Dustin Penner and Tom Gilbert for the Toronto pick. That's easily not good enough for potential franchise players, and the cap hits wouldn't work to begin with. 
    We need Hall or Seguin if we get the pick, we can't afford to let them go if we have the chance to get them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good point Joe, Edmonton is desperate to clear allot of salary. There going to get #1 for sure but have more bad contracts than the Bruins (It's nice to know someone else does besides us) and will need to move some to repair a bad team.

@bim09 and Pb37 Krejci wishes he had Patrice's talent! Not even close!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Bergy                 Krejci

22 48 = 70       13 42 = 55

8 31 = 39         22 51 = 73

16 29 = 45       14 26 =40

} 154                  } 175

Your right, it's not even close.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

David is certainly living up to his contract and his Olympic hype isn't he ? Nope!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In Response to nesn hall wants boston : I say, sign a top scorer for Savard and draft Hall and stick him next to Bergeron. He will blossom rapidly under a leader and can learn a lot from such a smart and hard working player like Patrice.
    Posted by xenimus

"sign a top scorer for savard"

we dont have enough cap room to sign taylor hall, nevermind taylor hall and a top scorer (wich go for 6-8 M)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Bergy                   Krejci 22 48 = 70       13 42 = 55 8 31 = 39         22 51 = 73 16 29 = 45       14 26 =40 } 154                  } 175 Your right, it's not even close.
    Posted by bim09

Sorry Bim9.  I take Bergeron over Krejci every day of the week (and twice on Sundays).  I'm not sure why you love this guy so much.  He is creative to be sure but I don't think his overall game is anywhere near Bergeron's.  He was under the radar last year.  I don't think he'll hit close to 70 points again in his career.

There is more to the picture then stats.  Bergeron will be entering his prime and does a lot of things well.  He is under-utilized in Boston.   Plus is a good ole Canadian boy....

If Bruins get someone like Seguin, then Krejci will eventually drop out of the top 3 centermen in Boston, may even be traded eventually.  IMHO.

If they get a top scorer, like Hall, he plays with Savard or Bergeron.  Even CJ wouldn't be that stupid........but then again?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I also look at when it counts.
    I got Krejci with 8 points, +/- of 6.  Bergy with 5 points, +/- of 3.
    And I wont even mention Olympic #'s.

Anyway, I'd put Hall with Savard, then man the phones at the marketing dept to help field all the season ticket sales inquiries.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bim, your looking at last years numbers..
    You need to accept bergeron had an injury that has set him back a few years..

I can't say I agree with LRH that krejci won't ever hit 70 again, i certainly think he will... but bergeron is arguably the bruins best player/most complete player.  Krejci is a skilled, but savy is a better offensive player, beside when savard went down earlier in the year and they moved krejci up, not berg, the offense was anaemic and Krejci didn't produce, in contrast, the b's offense hasn't been much better with bergeron on the top line, but his line has been strong and him in particular since..

And this doesn't say, nor imply hall wants boston, it means he thinks it would be good, I am sure there are like 20 other nhl teams he would say atleast that much about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Here are my ideal lines next year:

Hall Savard Bergeron
    Lucic, Krejci, Ryder
    Sturm, Sobotka, Marchand
    Wheeler, Colborne, S. Thornton

NOTE: If Recchi wants to play one more year....

Hall , Savard, Bergeron
    Lucic, Krejci, Ryder
    Sturm, Sobotka, Recchi
    Wheeler, Colborne, Marchand

NOTE 2: I wouldnt be against signing a center and playing Sobotka with Krejci.  They played together for a brief period last year, and seemed to feed off each other's energy.  I think this is why Krejci is doing worse this year, because he doesnt have any energy to feed off playing w Wheeler and Ryder.  Id love to experiment w krejci and sobotka on the same line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Drew,
    Not bad, but.. wheelers not a plugger.. 4th line really needs to be a grind line, that contributes a few goals.. These are the guys who are wearing down opposing teams scoring lines etc..

I don't think colborne belongs on a 4th line either.. your 3rd line is usually considered your bottom scoing line, and I think if your planning on this kid being a top player in the franchise at some point that is where they go..

Begins, thorntons, bitz etc.. 4th line roll grinders that are wearing people down..

I am glad you still have a place for thornton though as alot of people see him as being an easily expendable part, but I like what he gives you, and 20 fights this season is a tough way to make a living..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by bim09

Our least offensive center leads team in scoring.Before his injury troubles we wouldn't even think of comparing Krejci to Bergy.Any young player would be lucky to learn their craft from Patrice.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

what's not to love about sean thornton for the vet minimum, you know?

the reason i have colborne in the fourth line is because his skills are still developing, but his body is getting closer.  He's a BIG GUY, so I think putting him on the fourth line may be a good way to a) get his feet wet and b) get some value out of his size (while his skills are still developing).

If he starts showing that his offensive touch is coming along as well, I instantly move him to the third line.

But I want to try Sobotka with Krejci anyways, so its not hard to talk me into this:

Hall Savard Bergeron
    Lucic Krejci Sobotka (I think this line would have sooo much energy)
    Sturm Colborne Ryder (maybe playing w vets would help out the young center)
    Thornton, Yelle, Marchand

See ya, Wheeler!  You will be slightly missed.

If we can get yelle back for under 1 million, which i bet we could, i wouldnt mind bringing him back.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Drew, Not bad, but.. wheelers not a plugger.. 4th line really needs to be a grind line, that contributes a few goals.. These are the guys who are wearing down opposing teams scoring lines etc.. I don't think colborne belongs on a 4th line either.. your 3rd line is usually considered your bottom scoing line, and I think if your planning on this kid being a top player in the franchise at some point that is where they go.. Begins, thorntons, bitz etc.. 4th line roll grinders that are wearing people down.. I am glad you still have a place for thornton though as alot of people see him as being an easily expendable part, but I like what he gives you, and 20 fights this season is a tough way to make a living..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I agree about Thornton.The average fan has no idea what it takes to play his role with the team.I also think you are right  about Wheeler/Colborne on the fourth line.I would rather see Colborne in the AHL playing 20 minutes a game than in Boston playing 5 a game ala Joe Thornton(as a rookie). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

do you really look like your photo?