New draft rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

New draft rankings

The latest draft rankings are out and Cam Fowler has dropped to fifth. Now I really hope we get #1 or #2. Here's the link
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=317011

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: New draft rankings

The story that went along with the nhl.com version had some interesting information.  Apparently 'they' thought that if he had been healthy all season, Connolly would have been in the conversation with Hall and Seguin.  So if Toronto really decides to annoy us - or the ping pong balls bounce someone else's way - 3rd might not be that bad.  Worst case scenario, 4th, would be a huge disappointment though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Love to get a kid compareable to forserg at 3.. Take a flyer on Kabinov early in the second round, and I would love to see forbort fall to us, or for us to trade up for him (or trade that top pick down if we cant net one of the top Offensive guys)  steal a big/bad d man, and then take some of the other kabinvo and maybe sheehan or burmistov.. also like the minnesota hs kid but hes probably not ready yet..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I would not be to broken up if the Bruins draft Connelly.I also like the fact he's from the western league where they play a tougher brand of hockey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I hope we get a shot at Skinner as well the only 50 goal scorer available and one of the younger guys. He dropped to 34th, the way the numbers flip-flop, they must be using dart boards for their ratings.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanSince80. Show BruinsFanSince80's posts

Remember, the B's have 4 picks in the top 60. If they get 1 or 2, they'll draft Hall or Seguin (personally hoping it's Hall). 

If it's #3, I would bet money on it being traded to a team with a top 6 forward to spare. We have lots of forwards down on the farm, but we have an immediate need for a bonafide 30+ goal scorer. I got to attend a season ticket holder event with Cam Neely a few weeks ago, and he was asked point blank how the pick from Toronto would be used, and he made it crystal clear "if it's in the top 2, we're definitely taking a forward." Then got wishy washy when asked if it was number 3. I'm not sure who is available, but if we're going third, we're trading that pick.

If the B's do get the 1 or 2, also wouldn't shock me to see the B's take their own first round pick, which will still be in the top half of the draft, and package it with one or both of the 2nd rounders or a prospect or RFA <cough> Blake Wheeler <cough> or a vet in need of a fresh start <cough> Wideman & Ryder <cough> and maybe try to get a top 6 forward that way too.  Either way, mark my words, by the end of this year's draft, we'll have a great young prospect and a scoring wing to play on the top line next year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Here is Central Scouting's comparison list for their top 30 North American skaters, provided exclusively to NHL.com.

1. Tyler Seguin, C -- Steve Yzerman (retired)
    2. Taylor Hall, LW -- Zach Parise, Devils
    3. Brett Connolly, RW -- Peter Forsberg (Sweden)
    4. Erik Gudbranson, D -- Dion Phaneuf, Maple Leafs
    5. Cam Fowler, D -- Mike Green, Capitals

I'll take any of those top 3!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Not interested in Connolly....hip and groin injuries can last a career.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TO down 5-1 now to the Blue Shirts I just don't think they can make up points now. Which means percentage wise (Ping Pong balls have there own mind) wise the Bruins will pick no lower than 3rd.

I would be in shock if Edmonton didn't take Hall but having Connolly would not be a bad thing for the Bs from what i've heard and read.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Well boys, it all comes down to the lottery now.  Could be the best day of the year for Bruins fans.