new name for rask

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: new name for rask

Rask has played fairly well.He seemed nervous in the first game in my opinion.He should get stronger.If he doesn't play well in game 3[I think he will]  I would give Thomas a shot in  game 4.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

and the winner for the 2010 stupidest thread of the year award goes to.....drumroll please

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

How about ' best young goalie in the NHL'.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Hey Milan....excellent post and great thought provoking quote!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mironov. Show Mironov's posts

I'm just happy that Rask gets some playoff experience.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

It's stunning how the TT lovers see one bad goal go in on Rask in about 4 or 5 games and it's time to put him in the minors for another year.  But yet these same people seem to have blinders on to the momentum sapping goal that Timmy lets's in vitually every start.  Open your eyes to what we have which arguably is the best young goalie in the league.  We are set between the pipes for years to come and I'm pretty excited about it.  Rask will have growing pains, but his time is now.  Get use to it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

In Response to Re: new name for rask:
    [QUOTE]Hey Milan....excellent post and great thought provoking quote!
    Posted by TurkS16[/QUOTE]

Thank you its a bit of an eye sore because of the length but I think its great for long time bruins fans and the players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

i agree with kivvak, rask is a rookie and put up the top gaa and svpct in the league, beats ryan miller 5-3 and people still whine, incredible.  i cant imagine how depressed these guys would be if they were florida, toronto etc fans, imagine the complaining then.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]It's stunning how the TT lovers see one bad goal go in on Rask in about 4 or 5 games and it's time to put him in the minors for another year.  But yet these same people seem to have blinders on to the momentum sapping goal that Timmy lets's in vitually every start.  Open your eyes to what we have which arguably is the best young goalie in the league.  We are set between the pipes for years to come and I'm pretty excited about it.  Rask will have growing pains, but his time is now.  Get use to it.
    Posted by Raskman[/QUOTE]
       Actually it was only the one person who started this thread that was negative, and he did not sound much like a "TT lover"
    If you want to talk about over-reacting to how a bruin goalie performs, the "TT haters",such as yourself, lead the way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new name for rask :    Actually it was only the one person who started this thread that was negative, and he did not sound much like a "TT lover" If you want to talk about over-reacting to how a bruin goalie performs, the "TT haters",such as yourself, lead the way.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Hilarious because I was one of TT's biggest supporters when it was a choice between him and Manny.  Why?  Because he was the better choice.  Now he's not.  I can see things for what they are.  A talent that seems to be lacking in many people around here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

here is how the goalie rotation will go:

byron dafoe will start gm. 3. Reggie Lemelin game 4. mike moffatt gm. 5. jon casey for game 6 and a hologram of cheevers for pivotal game 7.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Sorry, but when you make over-reactionary statement such as, "momemtum sapping goal virtually every game", I have to peg you as a TT hater.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

[QUOTE]   Sorry, but when you make over-reactionary statement such as, "momemtum sapping goal virtually every game", I have to peg you as a TT hater.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

That's what I saw this year and I've heard a fair few hockey analysts back that thought.  TT isn't a bad goalie, but for a team that can't afford to give up a goal, let alone a weak one, made TT not a great fit.  My opinion of him shifted as the season progressed and I was just tired of seeing us spot a team a goal in nearly half of his starts.  Last year we had the offense to make up for it, this year not so much.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I agree that TT is better suited (like Grant Fuhr was) for an offence first type team.
    I think TT would have been a perfect fit for Washington. If I was the Capital's GM, I would have offered Boston, Theodore (UFA end of year), and this year's #1 draft pick.
    I don't think Caps go anywhere with that goaltending.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: new name for rask:[QUOTE]you guys are unbelievable-he kept them in it BOTH games yet you complain.go back to pocket hockey.Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]

Hilarious LMFAO!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I agree that Rask should be the #1 goalie right now. My main beef is that last year when TT was playing top notch for the entire year, he was still called chubbins and 5 hole. Calling Rask "right side rask" was done mostly to irritate the the TT hatters not to downplay how good Rask has been this year.
     What is funny is that if TT had been the goalie in game 2 and the results were the exact same, there is no way in h-ll there would be any threads praising him. Salary has nothing to do with it either seeing that TT was barely makiing over 1m last year.
    Lets hope Rask continues his good play and the bruins beat the Sabres.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BopGun9. Show BopGun9's posts

it's hard to complain when, 1.) the Bruins won & 2.) the likely Vezina trophy winner of this year allows more goals during the game.

Go Bruins.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Rask = 23 year old phenom who lead the league in GAA and save percentage and took the starting job from timmy. cap hit next two years 1.25 mill
    Thomas = 36 year old declining journeymen who had 2 okay years and one real good year, wasn't in the top of any statistical categories, 5 million cap hit and a NMC....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

[QUOTE]Rask = 23 year old phenom who lead the league in GAA and save percentage and took the starting job from timmy. cap hit next two years 1.25 mill Thomas = 36 year old declining journeymen who had 2 okay years and one real good year, wasn't in the top of any statistical categories, 5 million cap hit and a NMC....
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

That's about it in a nutshell.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new name for rask : That's about it in a nutshell.
    Posted by Raskman[/QUOTE]

Rask started less than half the games this year so lets see what happens next year when he starts 50+ games and faces the better teams before shipping out TT.  Although it has only been 2 games...notice how his PO gaa and save % are much higher than his reg season #s.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Rask, 45 games played, Thomas 43 games played, now, we know that Rask was never pulled in favor of Thomas because, lets be real, that would be kind of like pulling pedrioa for bellhorn. So Rask started 39 games to Thomas and his 43, but guess who played more minutes?

btw, Thomas has earned his reputation of having a weak five hole, this thing about the right side is absurd

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: new name for rask : Rask started less than half the games this year so lets see what happens next year when he starts 50+ games and faces the better teams before shipping out TT.  Although it has only been 2 games...notice how his PO gaa and save % are much higher than his reg season #s.
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

In two games.  Let's be serious. 

Tuukka relieved Timmy 6 times this year.  That's a telling stat in itself.  As for starting a large number of games, that favors Rask.  He's been the starter at all levels of his career and being the back up to start this season hurt him more then anything.  I felt he was his worst playing a game here and a game there.

Rask is going to have some rough times.  He's going to have his ups and downs.  That just comes with being young.  I wouldn't be shocked if he layed down a real stinker in this series and gets pulled.  It happens and he's overdue.  I just think it's his time and since having a 5 million dollar back up doesn't make any sense in a salary cap era, it's time to find TT a new home. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I don't know why we keep arguing about TT vs Rask.  I personnally am a Rask fan but even if i was a TT fan i would enjoy the playoffs and then once the season is over i would debate about the goalie situation.  All the Bruins fans should all be behind Rask right now because we should all have the same common goal...we want to win some hockey games!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I don't know why we keep arguing about TT vs Rask.  I personnally am a Rask fan but even if i was a TT fan i would enjoy the playoffs and then once the season is over i would debate about the goalie situation.  All the Bruins fans should all be behind Rask right now because we should all have the same common goal...we want to win some hockey games!!
    Posted by lucaooo

This starts becuase of the TT haters like yourself that come on here & you & the rest of them would be all over if it was Thomas that allowed that backhander. You all have double standards on here that's what causes these ridiculous discussions.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Ok but let's go back to what i just said.  Why do you bring that up now.  Did Rask won his last game...so then talk about it when he loses.  Did you ear about me in the first round of last year's playoffs when TT was in the net and he allowed some weak goals.  No i did not complain because the Bruins where winning.  
       TT had his chance last year to bring the Bruins far and he was outplayed by Cam Ward.  Now it is Tukka's chance so let's see how he does!!

Sections
Shortcuts