Newer talent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Newer talent

In reality when can we expect our yonger talent make the big club and who will be a star?
    Guys like Colborne, Arniel, Lovecchio, Cross, Caron. or anybody else I didn't list here

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Newer talent

the infamous Yannick Riendeau

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

you forgot about Maxime Sauve. I wouldn't be suprised if he made the team next season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would expect either Caron or Colborne to make it out of next Septembers camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

LoVecchio and Cross won't ever make it.  Cross has just had too many injuries, and the guy doesn't seem willing to test the body against higher level talent.  Arniel might play a game or two on a call-up next year, but I don't think he'll stick unless Marchand implodes.  I think they're in a two-horse race for a third or fourth line wing spot.  If Lehtonen doesn't stick next year, he's probably never going to make it as a scorer.

My best guess - and it's only a guess because I haven't seen enough of either guy to put down cash - is that Colborne and Caron are projected to compete for the vacated wing spots when Ryder and Sturm expire.  That's 2011.  They may find that one of those spots is already occupied by Taylor Hall, though, and I think that would push Caron into competition for a 3rd line role.  Sauve's got a shot just because of his speed.  If he can bring it to the NHL, he'll get a look in 2011.  And Hamill's just a wild card because, while compete level seems to be his biggest problem, physical maturity is a close second.  Once he hits puberty, who knows?

Defense is harder to project because there are more potential openings and fewer high-end prospects.  Ference (hard to trade him if he's always injured!) will be gone one way or another, and Morris and Boychuk might also be gone because they're UFAs.  Stuart is an RFA, but he's also one of the more attractive potential trade blocks the Bruins have.  The only D-men who might be ready to fill those gaps would be McQuaid, who hasn't been totally exposed, and maybe Alexandrov.  Neither of them is a speedy, rushing D, so Jeff Penner or Ryan Button might get a shot.  Penner is closer and is scoring at about a point every two games in Providence.  Button seems to have stagnated a bit in Prince Albert; he's only third in scoring by defensemen on the Raiders. 

Goaltending prospects? Don't bother.  Unless Dalton finds the groove he had in college, only catastrophe would put these prospects between the pipes.

Anyone I haven't mentioned you can assume I don't think has the juice or the desire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Maxim Suave may be thier most athletic all-around prospect. If you think Kessel was fast? You have not seen Suave. The kid looks like he has Nitrous Rocket Boosters on when he skates.

He is having a great year in juniors. I'm hopefull he can make the club next year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Just a correction on the above post, Boychuk is a RFA next season, not UFA as stated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thanks winexpos - I was going from memory.  (to be clear - are you glad the Hawk made the hall, or are you looking to sell some fine cabernets?)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

Sad year so far in Providence guys and gals. Lovecchio, nice story with the concussion, actually got in a fight Sunday against Hartford. Lehtonen and Hamill are busts....in my opinion. Don Sweeney is down here a lot, there are times you want to go up and say....what the hell are you guys doing???? No one exciting here....it's dull hockey. Wish Hamill was better but he's too little....I agree with the puberty comment. He looks like a little kid compared to some of these guys. Lehtonen always gets poke checked.....takes too long to shoot too. The D seem decent but you do see a brain cramp pass that shouldn't have been made. Hope we get some better guys next year. Riendeau, hasn't played much yet....or showed much yet either but we have 20 players like that. Sabourin is good in net though.....they still shout Tooooookkkkkaaaaaaa

Sections
Shortcuts