Next Year Projections...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Next Year Projections...

First of all i like to say "Great Run Boys"!�Just curious to see what B's fans think the roster may look like next year.This is my view:Hossa Savard KesselSturm� Bergeron LucicSobotka Krejci Noki (Hamill)-C/RWAxelsson-Metro-ThortonChara-AlbertsWideman-LashoffStuart-Hunwick�Tuuka RaskTimmy Thomas�

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Next Year Projections...

By your projections I think our D gets weaker and you are just deleting players.

Murray is under contract for another season, so unless he retires which is highly doubtful at 4M next season or if some team takes him in a trade, again highly doubtful at 4M. So like him or not I think he's back next season.

Fernandez is also the same situation. No one will want his salary not having played in 1.5 seasons. Also Bruins would be stupid to just give him away. Next season Rask will most likely be in Prov again until the Trade Deadline and come up if PC can deal a goalie at the deadline.

Hunwick and Lashoff are unproven so I think Ferance stays and wouldn't be too suprised to see Hnidy back for some insurance.

Scafear Is also under contract for another season so I think he will probably be back as well.

I do agree that Hossa would be a perfect fit for this current team. (Best-Friends with Chara and line-mate I think with Savard when in Atlanta) I just think some other team is going to drive the price way too high and Bruins won't have the cap space to get him.� I think other players like maybe Nasland, Ryder,� Malone, Rolston, Satan are 5 guys I think the Bruins will end up with after they miss out on Hossa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwp5388. Show wwp5388's posts

Next Year Projections...

I would love to see Rolston back on this team again! He can still produce

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmar451. Show pmar451's posts

Next Year Projections...

You're forgetting Kobasew

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwp5388. Show wwp5388's posts

Next Year Projections...

I hate to say it, but I would not mind seeing Alberts getting packaged with someone in order to get more depth up front or defensively. I like him for some reason, but at the end of the day I think he hurts the team out there. Too slow and clumsy. Not great offensively.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from christiansenna. Show christiansenna's posts

Next Year Projections...

If Mr. Jacobs keeps his wallet closed tight, it will be same old same old next year.If the Bruins can add a couple of 25-35 gold scorers to what they have, then theremay be some possibilities to improve.��

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Next Year Projections...

As much as i was hoping the B's would get another high draft pick this yr, their play definately opened my eyes and made me aware that this team is a lot deeper than we imagined.� A scoring winger (obviously Hossa comes to mind) and another solid D�should make them instant contenders.� I agree w/ previous posts about Thomas.� As great as he has played, the future is w. Rask and u still have Manny.� I think all along this team has been trying to model themselves after Buffalo a few yrs ago.�(which is why i;m surprised they overlooked Samsanov) �Fast, fast,� and fast w/ a whole bunch of 20 goal scorers and strong D.�� This is what i envision:Centers (deep) - Savard, Krejci, Hamill, SobotkaRW (very deep) - Kessel, Bergeron( or at C), Kobesew, LucicLW� (deep depending on free agency) - Hossa, Sturm, Schaeffer, Nokki�D - Chara/Stuart�� -� Ference/Wideman� -� Lashoff/ (possible trade)G- Fernandez/RaskI think most people assume Hossa is not coming here, but i thought the same thing about chara, so we'll see.� Either way the future looks bright, i just hope someone is taking lessons from the pats in regards to the slary cap!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenfinger47. Show chickenfinger47's posts

Next Year Projections...

Herez how I see itSturm-Savard-KesselHossa-Bergeron-LucicKobasew-Kreiji-HamillAxelsson-Sobodka-ThorntonChara-WidemanStuart-AlbertsFerence-Lashoff(He HAS to be here next year)Timmy Rask (Yes I know)�

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_526405. Show user_526405's posts

Next Year Projections...

Bruins will lose again in the first round like they always do and some of you naive and gullible fans will be calling for another parade and saying the future is bright�and�blah blah blah

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fdhjr. Show fdhjr's posts

Next Year Projections...

Lashoff and Hunwick are fine talents.� They really are.� I saw them play whenever the Providence B's were up here (Manchester, NH and Portland, ME) and I can see the potential.� But there are aspects of their games that need more work.� Tukka Rask is not ready yet, and his talent is REALLY obvious.� For our goalies next year, I see Thomas and Fernandez up here.� I actually liked what I saw of Alex Auld too, so there are some decisions to be made.� As for forwards, I have the feeling that Hossa is just going to be too far beyond the cap we have, but we'll see.� If we didn't have Murray's money hanging over us like the Sword of Damocles, going after Hossa might be more feasible.� No one, and I mean no one, is going to want Murray in a trade, so he's here for the duration.� That was money not well spent.

And we'll see if Hamill is ready for the NHL.� If not, Providence would not be a bad place for him for a year.

We need a goal scorer.� A guy with a very quick release/wrist shot who can roof it under the cross bar and who knows how to use today's goalies' athleticism against them.� Just by observing this tendency, the smart players are now adjusting to the speed by which the goalies now cover the far side of the net.� When you are receiving a pass against the very athletic goalies, rifle it to the side of the net he is likely moving away from, not towards.� And put it up high under the cross bar.� So many goalies now are butterfly types.� Shoot high and hard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fdhjr. Show fdhjr's posts

Next Year Projections...

What Mr. Jacobs did financially with this team in the pre-salary cap era no longer applies.� The rules are different now.� Guys like Billy Guerin are not going to get $9 mil a season in Dallas (or anywhere else for that matter).� The bidding war now has serious constraints.� Jeremy Jacobs is no longer that much a factor anymore.� Everyone has a cap and if you give one player the keys to the kingdom you are not going to have much of a roster beyond him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahook20. Show dahook20's posts

Next Year Projections...

Well the Bruins had a good season this year so they will do what they always do. They will eliminate 4-5 good moderate priced role players, that will barely make the back pages of the Globe. They will then overpay for a big high priced big name player. He will have limited talent around him and will be considered the face of the franchise. This will get fans excited and think that this is the year. They will buy extra season tickets, and buy more overpriced beer and hotdogs from the Delaware North Company. When the Bruins start loosing again they will use the over priced big named player and Claude Julian as the scapegoats. Julian will most likely get fired and after a few years the over priced big named player will get traded for 2 cents on the dollar. Ladies and Gentleman the Hub of Hockey!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Next Year Projections...

say it ain't so !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Next Year Projections...

Finally someone else says this! I am so sick and tired of people saying the same thing. They are so naive! Hey everyone it's called a Salery Cap and the Bruins are at the top of it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

Next Year Projections...

Paul,� they always were on top of it.� Their problem was they did not anticipate that the players union would be so weak as to settle with a 25% pay cut on all existing contracts.� That immediately screwed them for what I thought would be longer than it has.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgbrackett. Show jgbrackett's posts

Next Year Projections...

Let the Raask era begin. Now is the time to trade Tim Thomas (LA Kings? w Murray?)

Goodbye.....Murray, Reich, and maybe Schaeffer

Need to sign Ryder or Ryan Malone....not Hossa. spend money on D!!

Lucic Savard Ryder/Malone
    Sturm Bergeron Kessel
    Axelson Krejc Kobasew
    Thornton Sobtka Schaeffer/Marchand

Metro 10th forward

Solid down the middle, Ryder will score 35+ goals with Savard, and getting younger

D

Goodbye....Ward, Hnidy, Alberts, and Allen

Need to sign Campbell/ R Hainsey/Redden and Adam Foote

Chara Wideman
    Ference Campbell/Hainsey
    Stuart A Foote

Lashoff and Hunwick arent close to being ready

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgbrackett. Show jgbrackett's posts

Next Year Projections...

Hamill? Not even close to ready. Same goes for Lashoff

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

Next Year Projections...

"The Bruins will only pay 1/3 of his salary to do this which is 1.38million vs 4.15. He is not a 1st line wing and we need to find one whois worthy of that kind of top dollar."

It is 2/3rds of his salary due to his age.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rotter. Show rotter's posts

Next Year Projections...

Nice thought about Hossa but we're dreaming in technicolor if we think that Jacobs wil fork out that kind of�dough and/or they can fit him under the cap with what he'll command on the open market. Jools will want a guy who'll fit into his system and Cheezarelli will find him another grinder, just like a dozen other forwards we have. In other words, welcome back to the Lunchbucket Gang like we had with Cherry in the 70's.We'll continue to�see that dreary dump 'n chase/neutral zone trap that we've seen for years. It'll be just good enough to get us into the playoffs�and�then a more talented team like the Habs will edge us out even though we "outworked" them most of the games. Sound familiar? It'll be just like every other series we've seen in the last 30 years and we'll puff out our chests and say, "Boy, wait 'til next year!"Sorry for being so pessimistic but I've been a B's fan for almost 50 years and I've lived long enough to remember the last Cups and they'll be the last ones in our lifetimes unless Cheezarelli starts thinking more like Bob Gainey and less like Harry Sinden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3391886. Show user_3391886's posts

Next Year Projections...

As much as I love Murray and what he's done for the B's, they need to let him go.� $4 mill for an aging sniper who's clearly lost his touch is something we could do without.� He's been lost since Joe left.� I think a trade to San Jose would be a great fit, even if it's just for a draft pick.� This way it free's up some cap room and allows the B's to go after Hossa.� This really should be their main focus this off-season.� Give him a deal similar to Chara's and I think we are golden.� With Hossa's connection to Chara and Chiarelli, I would think that would help.� You put Hossa on a line with Savard and Lucic, you got something going.� Second line of Bergeron, Sturm, and Kessel would be nasty.� Not sure I agree with the earlier comment of letting Metro go.� Why?� He was a huge surprise and a great fit.� Plus, he's not going to break the bank and as the team's Masterson nominee, you don't want to let character guys's like that go.� I know a lot of people love Tim Thomas but I'm not a huge fan.� Don't get me wrong, he saved us a lot this year but I don't see him being a guy who can carry us to the promised land.� I think, if healthy, Fernandez is the guy and holds the spot until our real savior Tukka Rask comes up after another year of AHL seasoning.� Sigining Claude Julien to a long-term deal would be another great step.� This guy is just what the Bruins needed and did an amazing job.� I also like his intensity, his communication to players and media, and his grittiness.� Overall, I'm excited about this team's future and, after being at Game 6, I feel the Bruins are moving in the right direction.Go B's!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Next Year Projections...

I'm sick and tired of people saying that JJ is responsible for the Bruins not spending $$? Are you kidding me? For the last 10-12 years the Bruins have been in the top 10 in salary but what happens is that they usuallly spend it on the wrong players. Jacobs is not, i repeat NOT a hockey guy he is a BUISNESS man. Jeremy can't tell the difference between a puck and a football. Yeah he's a decent fan of the game but if you ask him to name the players on his team he'll probably say " Umm, Sergei Samsonov"? LMAO. I know an organization always start at the top but to say he has not given his GM's the opportunity�to spend accordingly is a bit unfair. I think PC and Neely have a great understanding of what needs to be done here. They are very knowledgable and i expect them to make a big impact eigther through the draft or free-agency. They know what the weaknesess are and they will address them. Personally i would love to see Cambell and Hossa here and with the possible dumping of a about roughly 5-8mill and an increase in salary cap i would not be surprise if they make that leap. If i'm a fan that's one risk i would take, no doubt!So there you go, just letting everyone understand that JJ has nothing to do with who we sign / trade / draft. Laters!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Next Year Projections...

Everyone please read PC comments on the season and his off-season plans. Article can be founf on boston.com website!

He Says size and scoring is on the agenda for free agency and does not speak of getting a Defenseman. Also thinks Rask will be in Prov for another year, which is what I have been saying.

BIGGEST NEWS IS Alexie Zhamnov $$$ is off the Books come JUNE!!!!!! Whoohooo finally! Now if they could only lose Murray's 4M and we could be major players in the UFA market!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoidrk. Show zoidrk's posts

Next Year Projections...

Two things that suprise me in this thread....how many have Lucic as a RW when he skated LW all season. ANd how many have Ferrance penciled in again for next season. Ferrance may be a high character guy but he is undersized and I swear if you watch the tapes he did not win one physical battle all series and in my humble opinion was the worse player on the ice in at least two of the games� Next season.....I'd still love to see Savard and Bergeron skate first line with a Keith Tkachuck type bruiser on LW.And I would love to see the kid line skate together for awhile -Lucic, Krejci and Kessel.FOr a third scoring line you could throw out Sturm and hopefully Soderberg and Kobesaw.ANd then you have grit players for a checking line, hopefully Sobatka and Nokkie would be on it.But the BIG improvement has to be on D. Obviously Chara and Wideman are here to stay. And for your third pair you have Mark Stuart and either of the Matts - Lashoff or Hunnick.But we need a BIG TIME second pair of defenseman. If we cut Murray we would still have to pay him 2,8 milion but it would free up 2.7 million in cap space. Has to be done. WIll Jacobs sign off on it...doubtful. We would probably have to eliminate Manny F.'s salary too if we wanted to sign both a top line LW and a quality Defenseman.What do we have for trade bait? Very little. Murray and Manny F have virtually no trade value. Possibly if you packaged PJ and Alberts and Hammil you might be able to score a solid defenseman. But guys like Reich and Shaeffer and such have absolutely no trade value. Bottom line...we need THREE QUALITY players - a top line LW, and a second pair of defenseman.� We might be able to trade for one, but the key is to free up enough money to sign the other two.THe Bruins have built some goodwill and momentum, But if they trot out a team next season with PJ,Murray, Shaeffer and such in the top three lines it will be a BIG TIME mood killerSame with trying to sell us that Ward, Ferrance, Alberts, or HIndy are Top FOur defenseman. No way Jose. Here's hoping they make the needed changes�

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dahook20. Show dahook20's posts

Next Year Projections...

Well the Bruins had a good season this year so they will do what theyalways do. They will eliminate 4-5 good moderate priced role players,that will barely make the back pages of the Globe. They will thenoverpay for a big high priced big name player. He will have limitedtalent around him and will be considered the face of the franchise.This will get fans excited and think that this is the year. They willbuy extra season tickets, and buy more overpriced beer and hotdogs fromthe Delaware North Company. When the Bruins start loosing again theywill use the over priced big named player and Claude Julian as thescapegoats. Julian will most likely get fired and after a few years theover priced big named player will get traded for 2 cents on the dollar.Ladies and Gentleman the Hub of Hockey!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts