N.H.L. Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

N.H.L. Draft

I don't know about the rest of you bruins fans , but I just spent this weekend watching the Memorial Cup Finals on the N.H.L. network . As advertised Forward Taylor Hall was lights out and of course is going to be a real star , and  I have seen Center Tyler Seguin's team against Hall's  team a few weeks ago. He is also a terrific player . The Bruins will be a big winner with either of these players! But I saw a kid  I thought was the best player on the ice in all the games I watched and that kid was defenseman Cam Fowler, Hall teammate on the Windsor Spitfires. Great all round two way defenseman ,was a real man amongst boys. Plays great D, has a great shot ,can really rush with the puck, passes real  well to start the play up ice, really quaterbacked the power play and loves to take the body! He's got great size(6'3" 205lbs.) and was named the best defenseman in the World's under 18 Tournament  earlier this season. It got me thinking about  if the Bruins really wanted to put some long term talent out there on the ice, that they might want to think about moving Zedeno Chara as he is in his option year (and quite frankly has slowed down some)There's a real doubt that they'll want to give him what he'll want long term at almost 34 yrs old. Move him and somehow work a deal for the third pick and now you have a real interesting collection of talent! Either Hall or Seguin depending on who the Oilers pick and Fowler. Plus you pay for them with Chara's salary. I know we really need a forward for some offense but we once upon a time drafted a guy named Ray Bourque and signed a kid named Orr. Boston is home to some of the best defenseman in N.H.L. history. We've got the draft choices to make it happen. Been a long time since the Bruins made a big splash in a good way in the off season!  If you can ,check this kid out . Tell me what you think.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Re: N.H.L. Draft

I still think Chara is awesome and the B's need his physical presence .Fowler sounds like a great prospect but can't see how the B's could get the 3rd pick.It would be too much of a blow to lose Chara right now and while Fowler might be a great NHL D in the future I don't think he is going to be great until a couple of years down the road.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Fowler may be good but he has been their 3rd best d, he will be a stretch and needs to improve big time to become the next Orr let alone Bourque.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

hayley-1999  I agree with you totally because this is the year the Bs have the chance to make this team great in a year , maybe a bit longer. It would cost alot for that pick and btw i seen all those games, fowler is the real deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

What if they trade the #2 to Florida for their pick, and Horton.
    Florida gets a name to show case and a great player.
    Boston gets a (possible) great Dman, and a scoring winger.
    The reason I think about this is that Chara isn't the guy. He has had many chances to really shine in the playoffs - offensively, and hasn't. He plays great D, but at $7mil, you want the points too.

I don't know, I'd hate to pass on possible scoring like either Seguin or Hall, but when you see Drew Doughty in LA, or Duncan Keith in Chicago, wow don't you want players like that. Maybe someone like that corrects the scoring up front too, by making great passes, gets in the open to get his shot off, or rushes the puck up ice. Chara can't (anymore).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haverhill14. Show Haverhill14's posts

Take a look at this article from the NE Hockey Journal interviewing local boys Kevin Hayes and Charlie Coyle at the combine.
    http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2010/05/25_combineqa.php

NEHJ: Other than each other, who’s the best player you’ve played against and why?

Hayes: (Tyler) Seguin. I played against him in Slovakia. I didn’t know who he was, but he skated end to end a few times.

Coyle: Seguin. In Slovakia, I didn’t know too much about him, but he stuck out there. You could tell he was good.

The B's need to let the Oilers make their decision.  No need to move players to move up because either way (Hall or Seguin) you can't go wrong. The more I read up and watch Seguin, I think he may end up being the better player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Or, get Seguin, trade Krecji, and the B's 1st pick (15th) , #32, and TO's pick next year, to Florida for Fowler. Gotta give to get. And Flower appears to be real.

All wishing on a few stars. Not likely, but hey, having fun with this.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I'm all for cashing in our chips right now.  I would love to try to work a trade to hop back in 3-7 if possible after picking Hall/Seguin.  I would be willing to part with some combination of Toronto's 1st pick next year, our 1st this year Toronto's 2nd this year.  I would be willing to give up two of those assets to get one of the top 3 d-men or depending on our scouts ratings possibly even one of these wingers particularly a winger if No. 2 is indeed Seguin.  I think fans will be reluctant to give up next year's first from Toronto because of our luck this year, but I don't buy that the Leafs will be in the bottom five again next year because there willing to spend and they are investing in the present.  I think next year's first rounder from Toronto may never have better value then now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Perry in my estimation your offering way too much there.  I wouldn't put Krejci in any trade for a pick other then to get the 1st overall pick in addition to the second, and we know that;s not happening.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Krejci can get you the 3rd overall pick on his own, or at least I think he's valued as such. That is wayy too much to get back to Florida's pick. I think we're better off inching up in the draft with our own first rounder and some of our smaller pieces. The 15th pick is great for us, given that we've got two second rounders this year and next (I'd put our later 2nd rounder and Minnesota's second rounder into play to move up). 

Chiarelli does need to make a statement this summer. With the loss to Philadelphia the Bruins are in a bad position in regards to a lot of fans, and if they want the fans to continue to have trust in the team, Chiarelli will have to start making some big, but wise moves. I think this summer will be a test to how creative Chiarelli can get, and what lengths he's willing to go to to make his team better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

I think that the Bruins like the Patriots in this years draft have got all the pieces in place to really make a statement and remake this team long term. The fans need to see this , that the team has a real vision of where it is going in the future. Would be a real talent upgrade and I didn't even address what we could get for Chara. As far as future free agents are concerned , they will go where they can make money but also where they can win. I just think that the Bruins  need to apply the  Patriot Way to how they run their operation, ie; don't fall in love with your players!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I wish that the Bruins were like the Pats, hayley-1999. That would mean that we had the best coach in the league, one who is aggressive and will do anything to win. However, the Bruins should not do what the Pats just did in their draft, that is, trade down. Am with you on not falling in love with players though (as in giving them too big contracts).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

From Perry Sound:

Or, get Seguin, trade Krecji, and the B's 1st pick (15th) , #32, and TO's pick next year, to Florida for Fowler. Gotta give to get. And Flower appears to be real.

All wishing on a few stars. Not likely, but hey, having fun with this.

Dude, I know it's wrong to rip on someone like I'm going to rip on you, but holy sh*t man, c'mon, tell me you're not serious!! Do you even watch hockey??!!! This is absolutely THEE dumbest trade proposal I've ever heard. This one is beyond stupid. Umm, you do know that the Leafs pick next year could quite likely be top five again, right? So you're suggesting we give up Krecji, our #1 this year, a high #2, and a possible top five overall pick next year, for Fowler. I'm sure Fowler will be something, but this is so ridiculous I'm not even sure I should take it seriously. You're probably kidding, and if so, I'm sorry, but if you're serious, you need to get back in touch with reality. I mean, you did say Cam Fowler, and not Alexander Ovechkin, right? Are you on f*cking glue?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

In Response to Re: N.H.L. Draft:
    I wish that the Bruins were like the Pats, hayley-1999. That would mean that we had the best coach in the league, one who is aggresive and will do anything to win. However, the Bruins should not do what the Pats just did in their draft, that is, trade down. Am with you on not falling in love with players though (as in giving them too big contracts).
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

No, your right on NumbaFouwer! In this instance I believe that the Bruins should trade up!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Perry Sound is being sacrcastic and having fun just like we are lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I mean, you did say Cam Fowler, and not Alexander Ovechkin, right? Are you on f*cking glue?
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

lawl

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from eyeinthesky. Show eyeinthesky's posts

I'm with RickyHussle.  That 2011 Toronto 1st round pick is never going to be as valuable as it is now.  Toronto will probably not be a bottom 5 team next year with the way Burke is trying to save his job, they will be active this offseason.  Cash in that pick along with another pick or Wheeler/Ryder/prospect in package for pick 3-7 and get your stud D in Fowler, Gubrannson, or Gormley.  I coulnd't think of anything sweeter than getting lucky with Hall, and jumping up to get Fowler.  They will do the same things they did in Junior, only for US! Not a very likely scenario, but Bruins have enough pieces to put together the right package

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chiarelli does need to make a statement this summer. With the loss to Philadelphia the Bruins are in a bad position in regards to a lot of fans, and if they want the fans to continue to have trust in the team, Chiarelli will have to start making some big, but wise moves. I think this summer will be a test to how creative Chiarelli can get, and what lengths he's willing to go to to make his team better.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't hold your breath.  I am sure PC's big moves wil be bringing in another 3rd/4th line Montreal Canadien reject and a couple #8 depth defensmen.  lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I wouldn't hold your breath.  I am sure PC's big moves wil be bringing in another 3rd/4th line Montreal Canadien reject and a couple #8 depth defensmen.  lol This would be even funnier if it weren't so likely to actually happen.   No team has f*cked up as consistently in the playoffs as the Boston Bruins.  Given the current management/ownership structure, I see little reason to believe the results will be any different.  In about, oh, let's say 4 years, Seguin and Krecji will be packaged and shipped out of town for a sh*t defenseman and a 20 goal winger in his 30's.
    Posted by SoxinBoston

You clearly are not from New England if you can make statements like that.  The Bruins have made slight improvements in the playoffs each year...granted this year was a hard pill to swallow.  San Jose and Washington are easily much bigger disappointments.  The Bruins were not expected to make the playoffs in the last month of the season and make it through the first round once they were in. Have some perspective.  I also can imagine that you only started supporting the Sox after they won a series, because they struggled more then anyone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

What's with all the bleping adjectives, have you forgotten the English language?/ sending Kreji anywhere wil not happen. All those clamoring for a second high pick should review the Thornton/Samsonov impacts. Yes, good players, but not changing the world impact. Neither will these 18/19 yearolds. Some very good additives to any team, but they must mesh with the team. We will see PC implement his ads and his subtracts, with an objective of another competitive team. Pc is not in trouble with real hockey fans. Hockey fans like hockey period. It's great to watch good hockey, as we have seen with the Flyers and the Blackhawks. BUT neither team is a one or two star winner. It takes the whole team like big Buff and the Flyers Matt Carle.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I would take a gamble  on Brett Connally but doubt he'll be around at 15th.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I don't think we need to mess around with moving these picks...the draft seems more deep than usual. I'd love to see Ryder moved with a pick after the second round. If picks are not moved the following is possible...Seguin, McIlrath, and Kabinov will slip to 32...all have excellent potential...Kabinov slips b/c of his immaturity...remember he is young. Worth the chance.
    This will bring the up front talent and a hard-nosed d-man with some offensive upside.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

//That 2011 Toronto 1st round pick is never going to be as valuable as it is now.  Toronto will probably not be a bottom 5 team next year with the way Burke is trying to save his job, they will be active this offseason./

Burke may be active but he will not be able to deal much because he has no draft picks and a bunch of stiffs on his team. The only way PC does anything with next years TO#1 is if he's blown away with an offer.

I look for PC to deal the Bs own #1 and #2 this year to move up or be included to deal away Ryder so he doesn't have to eat a % of Michael's contract.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ryder is the player the Bruins signed a few years ago.  He was not consistent in Montreal and was not consistent this year.  If Chiarelli moves that player it will be a salary match in my view.  A under performer for an under performer if you will. He actually could have more value next March than this summer.  

The picks could be traded but based on Chiarelli's comments at the end of the season, but only for other picks. Would it not be Belchick like to trade draft picks for future draft picks in future years!  Wideman has trade value.  Krejci does too but the crucifixion will happen as soon as this line read by others.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I don't think we need to mess around with moving these picks...the draft seems more deep than usual. I'd love to see Ryder moved with a pick after the second round. If picks are not moved the following is possible...Seguin, McIlrath, and Kabinov will slip to 32...all have excellent potential...Kabinov slips b/c of his immaturity...remember he is young. Worth the chance. This will bring the up front talent and a hard-nosed d-man with some offensive upside.
    Posted by TomOBrien

This is the best case scenario right here. I believe I proposed this one yesterday. Thanks for supporting my claim. This one is very possible and we don't even have to trade a player. Do this and then let the trades happen.

Sections
Shortcuts