NHL reffing is a disgrace.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

NHL reffing is a disgrace.

To me it looks like hits from behind are only to be applied to teams not playing the Bruins. Prospal should have had at least 4 minutes for boarding if not a major.

Recchi gets a charging call are you Fr#cken kidding it was 2 strides not 20 like Cookes hit. Hey i'm sounding like a crying wino but enough is enough already.

I usually don't complain about reffing but Im really seeing an unfair bias against Boston in the last few games.

Please Lucic drop Avery or pound Prospal do something for heavens sake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: NHL reffing is a disgrace.

The Prospal shove was relatively light.  Two minutes or four, it was a tough call.  Since it didn't appear to cause injury, two minutes is acceptable.

Recchi got called because he left his feet.  If he had started his upward drive a half a second later, he wouldn't have left his feet before making contact, and the hit would have been legal. 

That said, I didn't see what Chara did to earn his penalty.  I thought that Jokinen should have gone to the box alone on that play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Play nice woodtick. Sounds like you're still bitter over your past discussion with you know who.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For some reason they have the need to make certain teams pay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I hate when they try to make it an even game.  the Bruins score a goal and right away they are looking for something to call.  The satan penalty was a joke.  Like Pierre McGuire said that guy never hits no one on purpose!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from uvguy07. Show uvguy07's posts

Reffing today was horrible, plain and simple. Prospals hit was boarding, with all the penalties called lately 5 should have been the punishment. To me it was more dangerous than Ovechkins hit, a blind side hit defenseless player.

I thought Rechi went airborne after initial contact was made. If I recall after Recchi's penalty Avery ran Lucic and jumped when he hit him in front of the penalty boxes? No call there!!! I know Avery won last years Lady Byng so he does not have a history of those types of hits!!!!

Two of Chara' penalties were a joke.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If you leave your feet - that is jump into another player, that's charging.  And Recchi certainly left his feet.

I agree the reffing is a disgrace, and the Bruins have gotten bad calls, but that wasn't one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

This is not a news flash.. Complaints have been coming in about officiating since the 60's (and probably before that too) but it is more than coincidence that a penalty always seems to come to the Bruins after they score a goal.. or.. whenever they play in Montreal.. if any team does NOT get the benefit of the doubt it's the Bs..Too many subjective calls on that team.. Paranoid? maybe...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

got to admit thought; it was nice beating the Rangers and the Refs today...at home no less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The NHL is frozen in time when it comes to officiating like 20th century.  In today's game, the Bruins were angered at the cheap shot hit on Stuart.  Then as the consequence on ice officials decided to crack down on rough play.  At the same time, the Bruins were trying to step up as a team as well. The result, disaster. 

The sad part of the story:  other games in the NHL are not much different. 

Sections
Shortcuts