nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues"

scored 2 more last night  thats 4 in 2 games for 81  just saying  24 years old with no center  yet hes scoring at will

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Re: nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues"

he's is such a good scorer in the preseason

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

any amount you want he doubles seguin in goal scoring this season

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

who cares,

we didn't just get Seguin.. we got Knight, AND a 1st next season.

Kessel is bad against other teams #1 defensemen, so many times he just scores against mediocre/bad opponents and disappears against tough defensive teams

and bruins8, I think anyone with a brain would take Kessel scoring more than Seguin this season, one has been in the league for several years, the other is an 18 year old rookie.

this stuff is obvious, and tiring to keep re-hashing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues":
    [QUOTE]any amount you want he doubles seguin in goal scoring this season
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

What does that matter??  Kessel is a 5.25m cap hit that the bruins could not accomodate, they couldnt have done it last year, they couldnt have done it this year, and he was not someone they identified as a "key component" so hes not here, and also not worth that money.. He makes more then Bobby Ryan.. You want to argue hes a better player then him? 

Kessel scores meaningless goals in bunches, proved it again last season...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Considering that Kessel is five years older than Seguin, and entering his fifth year in the NHL, I hope for his sake he does score more than Seguin, or he's really going to hear it.

Anyway, I really don't see the point of this post. If you love Kessel, go root for Toronto.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's not much of an endorsement for ol' Philly.  I mean, sure, I think Seguin's got 20 in him, so Phil would have to hit 40 for the first time in his life.  But you're hopping on the soap box to proclaim PK's greatness because he will double the scoring of an 18 yr. old in his first year in the league who will probably play 3rd line minutes.  Seguin's not even officially on the team yet.  Phil Kessel is being counted on to be the Leafs' offensive catalyst.

It also doesn't address shaunk's point.  In the preseason, no one is keying on PK.  In the preseason, he's not up against NHL shutdown pairings.  The Laffs don't have enough offensive depth for other teams to worry about spreading out their defensive studs, so look for Phil to run into a steady diet of Chara, Pronger, Markov, Myers, Phillips, Weber, Seabrook, Doughty, Johnson, etc. etc.  He'll still get his goals, but probably not against these guys.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

What are the Odds an 18yr old seguin tops kessels rookie numbers??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stanjonathan17. Show stanjonathan17's posts

I saw the highlights of last night's Leafs game.

Two tap in goals for Kessel...big deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rask had more points than Kessel in the head to head series last year.Just saying......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When some says "just saying" that means their leaving a passive-aggressive out for themselves. Phat Phil can do 22 chinups now Woot! and blew a 60 in the VO2 max (which measures cardiorespiratory endurance) but hey that might be Dupes throwing a bone to the Kessel fan boys that still e-mail Kevin for his apparent running of the new and improved Phat Phil out of town.

Bruins8, The Bruins have Seguin and Knight plus could possibly get (take a look at the top ten players here) http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/ Three young real good players for one Phat Phil just saying.

PS. Uh oh I hear RMiller running to his computer in his Bob Gainey jammies to shoot down all that Chiarelli has done for the Bruins in the last few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I'll take you up on that.

I like my coffee with just milk, one raisin tea biscuit, and a copy of the Globe & Mail.
    How do you like your coffee?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues" : I'll take you up on that. I like my coffee with just milk, one raisin tea biscuit, and a copy of the Globe & Mail. How do you like your coffee?
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Short.

Actually you should ask bruins8 to bet that Seguin in his 1st full rookie year will get more points than Kessel's rookie year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]and seguin will be squandered away in a few years, bruins always thinking about the future a future that will never come!
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Who are these players that Boston has squandered away in the recent past?Don't say Kessel as I hardly think Seguin,Knight and another first rounder would be considered squandered.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

More power to Phil, hope he has a fine season (with the Make Beliefs finishing last of course).  Kessel did not want to be in Boston has been reiterated in these spaces correctly for a year now. Comparisons of Kessel to Seguin or Seguin to Hall are just plain stupid.  Most of the time the comparisons are only credible after the careers are over, many years from now.  So goes the world of assessment and evaluation.  Being a GM is not an easy when calculating long term effectiveness of human beings playing hockey.  Phat Phil now that is funny. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Yeah, I watched the game.
    This just in...Phil Kessel can score some goals.
    Does that make him an elite hockey player? no, it doesn't
    He is a fine NHL player, but he doesn't play for my team so I could really give a flying F about him.
    Seguin,Knight and hopefully another top 10? Good value trade for the B's....was then...still is now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]More power to Phil, hope he has a fine season (with the Make Beliefs finishing last of course).  Kessel did not want to be in Boston has been reiterated in these spaces correctly for a year now. Comparisons of Kessel to Seguin or Seguin to Hall are just plain stupid.  Most of the time the comparisons are only credible after the careers are over, many years from now.  So goes the world of assessment and evaluation.  Being a GM is not an easy when calculating long term effectiveness of human beings playing hockey.  Phat Phil now that is funny. 
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Good point about waiting till after the careers, but I dont think that is prevelent anymore, that used to be the arguement (the wings missed out on Lafontaine, got yzerman, that worked out ok..)

But in todays game, few players will be with a team for their career.. Right now I would say you have to look at the success of the franchises since the perspective trade, year 1, was a wash, both teams were worse, next season, lets see, the following etc..

And there has to be some way to account for cap space in the equationg, minus one phil, opens up nearly 10% of our cap space, there is some value there..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Phil scored 4 goals in 2 games in Preseason vs a bunch of players from Juniors or the AHL, mixed with some NHL talent.. WOW... Hey guess what, Caron had a hat trick in a rookie game! He is going to lead the league in scoring now! Horton is averaging 1 goal per game, nice, we have an 82 goal scorer on our team!
    Shall I stop the horrible sarcasm there or continue?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Hey bruins8,

You should just follow the Leafs, they are always looking for new fans and Kessel will love that you went with him from a Bs fan to a leafs fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I will be slightly dissapointed if Seguin doesn't top Kessel's rookie numbers (11-18-29 in 70 games).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would also be disappointed if Seguin didn't top Kessel's numbers, but don't forget that Kessel stayed in college when he was 18. 

It sounds to me that Kessel may finally be turning the corner on his career.  I haven't seen him play this year, but I'm quite curious to see what changed.  If its only conditioning, that is only part of the battle, but a big part of the battle given that he looked horribly out of shape last season.  The other big part, the bigger part, is if he's finally getting his head and his ask wired together.  I doubt very much he can change that over night, these changes usually take longer.

I hope Phil (and the Leafs) stays to his usual self one more season, I want that high draft pick.

In any event, I find him, Thornton, Wideman and Komiserak the very most frustrating players to watch in the league.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

seguin probably will top kessels rookie yr numbers but thats not my point my point is this seasons bruins team would be far and away better with phil kessel than tyler seguin.....sure in 5 years bs will be better (maybe) with seguin but as far as our drive for the cup kessel wouldve helped more thats all

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]seguin probably will top kessels rookie yr numbers but thats not my point my point is this seasons bruins team would be far and away better with phil kessel than tyler seguin.....sure in 5 years bs will be better (maybe) with seguin but as far as our drive for the cup kessel wouldve helped more thats all

Impossible point to make, to keep kessel you have to shed 5.25m in salary, assuming ryder was moveable you still have to shed another 1.25m.. and find a way to add a roster player back, meaning you have to really shed 3 guys to replace them with kessel and a guy at league minimum..

if you assume ryder wasn't moveable, which seems more likely at this point, you have to find a way to shed 5.25 m with out dismantling the roster..

Lets's not pretend money wasn't a factor, the bruins never said this is a better team with out phil, no one has, but for 5.25 m, and 2 number ones coming back, he was expendable..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]seguin probably will top kessels rookie yr numbers but thats not my point my point is this seasons bruins team would be far and away better with phil kessel than tyler seguin.....sure in 5 years bs will be better (maybe) with seguin but as far as our drive for the cup kessel wouldve helped more thats all

I hear there's a new thing called the salary cap . Have you heard about it ?

Sections
Shortcuts