nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues"

I repeat, The Bruins have Seguin and Knight plus could possibly get (take a look at the top ten players here) http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/ Three young real good players for one Phat Phil!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

marco, I'm getting tired,  played hockey tonight and need to get some sleep.
    We both went through this last season,  enough on Kessel and Gorton.  It's deja vu and dit!
    On Seguin and Spooner to me it's already a good trade ,  no matter where the Leafs finish it'll still be a good top 6-7 pick.
    Salut et bonne nuit zzzzz

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

In Response to Re: nhl.com "kessel's strong preseason continues":
    and marco,  svp stop with your Gorton for the love of Pete !!  If he was such a great GM why hasn't he been hired by another team ???  BTW ,  it's Gorton and his staff/scouts that updated and gave PC scouting reports on Versteeg and made him expendable. Chiarelli could not have evaluated Versteeg as he was just hired and did not follow Providence. Where did he get his info from ?  Gorton !
    Posted by BsLegion

well bs, that is a rhetorical que. let's turn it around , Mike oconnel, yes he deserved to be a gm sure, Harry neale another true great, Rejean Houle stunk almost as much as his coach Tremblay  U really think that the right guys get the right job, cj should i say more.

Come on Bs, Gorton got us Rask, signed yes sav and chara, drafted kessel, and he may be responmsible for lucic , i am sure there are others biut not coming too mind.

BYW= u may very well see gorton as a gm , is he still with the rangers. Chiarelli is simply learning on the job, would not surprise me if he's if not the most among the most cheapest paid gms . Pc is improving i'll give him that, no one could stay that silly for that long.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

When he scores 40 goals we can call him a 40 goal scorer.
    Posted by jenken14

It will not take long. Miss Kessel was the most talented player I have seen in Boston after Bobby Orr.    Heu! And may be Eddy Shack.
    Espo followed Bobby and picked up the crumbs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I think in PCs defence he knew Claude and Phil didn't fit.I think there was a decent relationship between Phil and PC,but not Phil and Claude.I think if Phil was happy here negotiations would have gone different.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bad Hab, Bad hab Bad Hab, first off i did not start this thread but regardless, the kessel topic will never be totally closed.unless we do not care for the cup. let me tell u my firend, i do not kno if u ever owned a business . As a business u lock up ur assets quick, un make it priority U don't make ryder, thomas, hunwick, krejci etc.. priority. have u forgotten that even b4 kessel was a rfa they had traded him for kaberle and another player thoughty to be Kadri and burke said no. U think kessel did not kno about that,everyone else did . U think that palyers agents do not kno when a team is not displaying the sufficient interests. Of course , that is what they are paid to do. Now bad hab ur no dummy, so just keep an open mind on this next questrion/scenario.since ur insenuating kessel would have been had by burke no matter what, Here it is imagine gorton the guy who loved and drafted kessel the guy that put an incredible smile on kess face whne he drafted phil, phil the guy who said nothing but great things of the bruins org. Now do u really think that if gorton was here he would have lost kessel. NO WAY !he would have been priority and he was not for Chiarelli and big puppy face DUMBO who prefer butt licking never never benched garbage  players like ryder and begin. Remember chiarelli said he let the kessel talks get to the point of no return , on Nesn he said it, Just lucky we got seguin and hopefully he develops quicker then later because he will nnot make an impcat this year and as i said i am not interested in a 20 -25gs playmaker . i want a natural gs we need one for the cup but that's for another story
    Posted by marco1001

And so here is Kessel's draft interview.  Question for you.  Is he more excited to be a Bruin?  Or more PO'd that he didn't draft higher?  And you'll love it when they said they would take Kessel over Crosby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV33m5uqbzM

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kessel will get 40 goals this year, maybe even 50 if he plays 80 games.

And nothing will be different in Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

well why we wait for seguin, knight, spooner, etc to light it up...kessel will continue to score and score and score.....while the bs core gets older and older....bottom line is the bs managment screwed up when it came time to signing this kid, 24 yr old blazing speed at worst 35 goal scorer (that playing on the 2nd worst team in nhl) so you pay him 5 mi,l thats a deal actually, move other money...to save face we did get a good return...and who knows if this return is gonna be really that good?   it better be because 24 yr old snipers are hard to come by, i know there is other parts of the game to, but you still gotta score thats the object of the game....and few do it better than kessel, imagine a line of kessel, krejci, lucic  wow 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Don't you think "few do it better then kessel" is a little premature, guy who has never scored 40, never broken 60 points, especially when that is his "strong points"

His scoring will be up in toronto undoubtly, and yet you continue to ignore the fact that it will be so because of how bad they are.. All your reasoning that he would score more with the bruins is garbage, with the bruins he doesnt get 22-24 minutes per game, he has to be defensively responsible, he has to make the right plays..

There are many players on toronto that with the bruins they would score less, if at all, that is what happens when you play for a bad team, you get more opportunity..

Toronto added Phil Kessel with out giving up a roster player, and dropped from 22nd, to 29th..They also scored fewer goals while adding a "40 goal scorer", sure kessel got his, and that is all he cares about, but he did not in any way make them a better team, all the facts are there.. Stop romanticisizing things and come up with something logical, or stop..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Also, you only want to talk about "right now"

we traded raycroft, at the time an NHL goalie, for a prospect who took 3 more years to get here, that trade cost us a decent goalie (surely he was/is stronger then toivonen) did that trade hurt our short term success though? not really, did it help our long term success, looks that way...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

roler kessel would score 40 playing with  krejci savy or bergy had he not got hurt last year he wouldve been close to 40 on the leafs....sure def he stinks but really if hes potting 40 who cares, todays game is about speed and he has it, samething with manny ramirez fans wanted him out because he was terrible in the field and a cancer in the lockerroom but look at his numbers you dont let 40 hr guys or 40 goal scorers walk away you just dont i dont care what anyone says letting go of kessel was a big mistake...and the scary part is kessel will only get better and better hes 24

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

The only problem is preseason means nothing at all .....let the real season begins and Kessel will face real men and the no.1's goaltenders not just rookies ....and we will re evaluate ...Seguin will keep improving and feeling better on the ice game after game ...I think he will be even better than Joe Thornton .....

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

there is nothing to evaluate kessel has proven he is a gs and one of the top young gs at that. The fact he plays with a crap team only makesit harder for him. In boston this kid  would have shined to great leve;s. but big puppy face bowling ball head Dumbo was favored by chia , a big mistake.coaches are replaceable esp onle like thatv dumbo but gs very very rare and hard to replace. Big dumbo on a winning mentality team would have gotten fired last yr right after the playoff gives u an indication of how things are in boston

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

roler kessel would score 40 playing with  krejci savy or bergy had he not got hurt last year he wouldve been close to 40 on the leafs....sure def he stinks but really if hes potting 40 who cares, todays game is about speed and he has it, samething with manny ramirez fans wanted him out because he was terrible in the field and a cancer in the lockerroom but look at his numbers you dont let 40 hr guys or 40 goal scorers walk away you just dont i dont care what anyone says letting go of kessel was a big mistake...and the scary part is kessel will only get better and better hes 24
    Posted by bruins8

I disagree that healthy he scores 40 last year, he missed 10 games.. And he put up 10 goals in his first 15 games back riding on emotion and adrelaline before dissapearing for 20 games mid season..

I am not arguing he isnt a goal scorer, but hes not a prolific scorer, and the bruins have shown that he can indeed be shut down because he is so one dimensional..

And again, I do feel the bruisn Identified their "core" group, and they did feel his production was more easily replaced, then the better over all skill sets of such players and krejci and lucic..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

not 1 bruin will have more goals than kessel for the next 5 seasons guarentee it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

not 1 bruin will have more goals than kessel for the next 5 seasons guarentee it
    Posted by bruins8

Horton will outscore him this year.A guarantee has to be spelled correctly to be taken seriously.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

horton will have more goals than kessel?   i hope your right but that just wont happen unless kessel is hurt half the season  there is no bruin that will even come within 10 goals of kessel

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by bruins8

Won't really matter, kessel wont have the success that the bruins will..
    the fact the toronto got worse adding kessel to the roster, with out having to give up a roster player speaks..

And again, kessel will have a larger role in toronto, then any one player for the bruins will.. Kessel will have a worse plus minus then any player on the bruins over the next 5 years.. happy?

Toronto added kessel, and was worse, if they are better this year which i do suspect them to be, it will be because of the addition of defensive players not phil...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

horton will have more goals than kessel?   i hope your right but that just wont happen unless kessel is hurt half the season  there is no bruin that will even come within 10 goals of kessel
    Posted by bruins8

I would assume, outscore means points, not goals..
    And yes there will be bruins with in 10 goals of kessel, just as there where last season, in an "awful" offensive year for the bruins...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

hey roller i hope the bs win the cup and i guess it doesnt matter about 81 now because hes gone so lets start to talk about whos here...who do u think stays as 12 13 forwards   id go with caron and mcgratton until savy sturm get back

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by bruins8

Here's my guaranteed prediction . bruins8 will come up with at least a dozen more of his dumb guaranteed predictions before the season ends.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

my good friend chowda...if kes is such a lousy player than how come he will have more goals than anyone on the bruins this season?.....and dont say he wont...would you bet your money on a bruin having more goals scored? and last time i checked the object of the game is to score more than your opponent...so it wont take a genius to figure out YOU DONT GET RID OF YOUR TOP GOAL SCORER!  sure seguin is a nice prospect so is knight spooner ya ya ya but they are not banging home 35-40 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I have a question for you Bruins8, how is a guy who is making 5.4 million and would not be able to score against the top level team that you would face in the finals or semifinals, suppose to help you win the Cup?  This in a guy who could only score in one game out of 7 against the Carolina Huricanes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

my good friend chowda...if kes is such a lousy player than how come he will have more goals than anyone on the bruins this season?.....and dont say he wont...would you bet your money on a bruin having more goals scored? and last time i checked the object of the game is to score more than your opponent...so it wont take a genius to figure out YOU DONT GET RID OF YOUR TOP GOAL SCORER!  sure seguin is a nice prospect so is knight spooner ya ya ya but they are not banging home 35-40 
    Posted by bruins8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0VDYhFvu78

Sections
Shortcuts