No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore?

Lots of help he would have been to us. Just ask the New Jersey Devils.

All sizzle and no steak. You guys were all fooled. Luckily PC was not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore?

In Response to No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore?:
    Lots of help he would have been to us. Just ask the New Jersey Devils. All sizzle and no steak. You guys were all fooled. Luckily PC was not.
    Posted by Wheatskins

Very good post.  Kovalchuk is all offense and not a great team mate.  A player with his skill should be a heavy plus player and he just isn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CdnBruinsFan. Show CdnBruinsFan's posts

Right guy....wrong place.....I would give up Ryder and Sturm to have Kovi on our side in a more offensive minded gameplan than what NJD's bring.   Assuming CJ isn't against scoring more than 2 goals a game hahahahaha.

Last I heard he was on a point a game streak??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore?:
    Last I heard he was on a point a game streak??
    Posted by CdnBruinsFan

20 Games with NJ and he's 8-12-20.

In 32 career games against the Bruins he's 21-18-39.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : Very good post.  Kovalchuk is all offense and not a great team mate.  A player with his skill should be a heavy plus player and he just isn't.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Really he is not a good teammate? Are you a former teammate or just another person pulling something out of his a$S$ and hoping it's true?

I'd say you should wait until the playoffs before writing Kovalchuk off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : Really he is not a good teammate? Are you a former teammate or just another person pulling something out of his a$S$ and hoping it's true? I'd say you should wait until the playoffs before writing Kovalchuk off.
    Posted by MiesterBruinmaker

I guess it just a sheer coincidence that Atlanta has been a much better team since he left.  Everyone thought that NJ won the trade but they have been a 500 team since the trade and Atlanta has been better.  How do you explain this?

Plus earlier this season I was watching Atlanta play and the team they were playing Florida I think has the puck deep for about 40 seconds has 3 great scoring chance from the slot.  Finally Atlanta got control and passed the puck to Kolvalchuk who had been stand leaning against the boards at center for the whole shift.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : I guess it just a sheer coincidence that Atlanta has been a much better team since he left.  Everyone thought that NJ won the trade but they have been a 500 team since the trade and Atlanta has been better.  How do you explain this?
    Posted by Orrthebest

Still awaiting your links or anything that says Kovalchuk is a bad teammate...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CdnBruinsFan. Show CdnBruinsFan's posts

Same logic as the hapless Leafs being 9-4 in their last 13....younger guys who actually are fighting for a position who happen to be playing in front of some pretty good goaltending right now.

Kovalchuck is adjusting, won't be with NJ next year anyways and I would still take him on our team....then again I wouldn't have let Kessel with his speed and goal scoring go so what do I know???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

After NJ flops in the first round, I can write him off and you'll say it smells like lavender and roses?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

The deal was made for this year and a chance at the Stanley Cup.

If a team thinks they are close, and NJ should be considered one of those teams especially if Brodeur is on his game, they take a chance.

If my team is close I would applaud this decision, even if it doesn't pan out.  It shows the owners and mgmt are committed to trying to win it all.  Beside Kovey is just starting to play well.  Don't judge this move until you see what he does in the playoffs.

Having said that, I don't think the Bruins are close enough to win the Cup with the current lineup, including Kovey, so not acquiring Kovey was probably the right move for the Bruins, especially considering what it would have taken in picks and/or prospects.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll tell you this, I was afraid of leafs signing kovi off season, but if that happens I realize he won't be as big an influence as I had feared.  I don't think he could singlehandedly get them into the playoffs.  And it would have to be single handed because they won't have the money left to get anyone else.

Hoping for another high draft pick next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Same logic as the hapless Leafs being 9-4 in their last 13....younger guys who actually are fighting for a position who happen to be playing in front of some pretty good goaltending right now. Kovalchuck is adjusting, won't be with NJ next year anyways and I would still take him on our team....then again I wouldn't have let Kessel with his speed and goal scoring go so what do I know???
    Posted by CdnBruinsFan

No it not the same Logic because Atlanta is still in the playoff race.  They are kicking themselves today for not catching us for eighth yesterday.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : Still awaiting your links or anything that says Kovalchuk is a bad teammate...

There is no link but anyone who watches him play for long enough will come to this conclusion.  He is a selfish hockey player and selfish hockey players are never good team mates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : I guess it just a sheer coincidence that Atlanta has been a much better team since he left.  Everyone thought that NJ won the trade but they have been a 500 team since the trade and Atlanta has been better.  How do you explain this?
    Posted by Orrthebest

-Bergfors and Oduya have been excellent additions to the team. Also, when guys lose their top offensive player, there is sometimes the reality that others know that they're expected to pick up the slack and they rise accordingly.

Marc Savard's out, and the Bruins haven't fallen off the map. I'd hope that nobody says that he's a bad teammate and the team is just as good without him.

As for Kovalchuk, I sure wouldn't write the NJD off. 3-5-8 in his last 4 games; maybe's he just needed some time to adjust to a new team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : There is no link but anyone who watches him play for long enough will come to this conclusion.  He is a selfish hockey player and selfish hockey players are never good team mates.
    Posted by Orrthebest

Now he's selfish? lol you're a TOOL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : Still awaiting your links or anything that says Kovalchuk is a bad teammate...

Well lets turn this around.  Kovalchuk is one of the best offensive players in the world.  If he was a good team mate players would be talking about it (where as most problems are kept in the dressing room).  So you should be able to easily provide me with atleast 10 links saying what a great team mate he is I have yet to see one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

Kovalchuk 3-5-8 last 4 games... What a selfish guy! He must want the puck too much!!!

*Rolls eyes*

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : Now he's selfish? lol you're a TOOL.

So you think any of the players in Atlanta were going to come out in the media and complain about their star player.  That would have been a guaranteed trip out of town. The fact that you think that they would shows just how little you actually know about hockey and the way thing work.

But keep calling me names because you can not win the argument with facts or logic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

But keep calling me names because you can not win the argument with facts or logic.
    Posted by Orrthebest

At the same time, you don't have any links, you don't have any quotes, and you don't have any evidence to back up your opinion (which you're welcome to....but that's what it is). In other words, you have no real facts on your side, either, to back up this assertion that Kovalchuk is a bad teammate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : At the same time, you don't have any links, you don't have any quotes, and you don't have any evidence to back up your opinion (which you're welcome to....but that's what it is). In other words, you have no real facts on your side, either, to back up this assertion that Kovalchuk is a bad teammate.
    Posted by Kennedy97

I watched Kolvalchuk hide leaning against the boards at center while the opposition had the puck in the offensive zone; cycled the puck for about 10 seconds fed a player in the slot who shot wide they then regained the puck cycled for another 10 seconds then fed the slot again forcing a great glove save; the puck end up in the corner and they recovered it again and cycle for another few second fed the slot and the defence blocked the shot then the other defenceman pick up the puck and passed it to Kovalchuk who had been at center the whole time.  It was the worst thing I have ever seen at the NHL level.  I was discussed and have a healthy dislike of Kolvachuck since seeing it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

.  I was discussed and have a healthy dislike of Kolvachuck since seeing it.
    Posted by Orrthebest

And that's fine (and obvious). Nobody says you have to like him. But at the same time, you can't say in one post that he's a bad teammate and then in another call someone out for not being "factual".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : And that's fine (and obvious). Nobody says you have to like him. But at the same time, you can't say in one post that he's a bad teammate and then in another call someone out for not being "factual".
    Posted by Kennedy97

So you don't think standing at center ice while you team mates try desperately to stop a goal is being a bad team mate?  I have seen that kind of behavior lead to physical altercations in younger players.

I have asked for evidence of why you think I am incorrect and you can not provided me any.  I am a open minded person and am will to change my mind if I am proven incorrect.  I given my opinion and I was called out on it not the other way around.  I  know some fans get upset when you say something they do not like about a player but that does not make it false.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : So you don't think standing at center ice while you team mates try desperately to stop a goal is being a bad team mate?  I have seen that kind of behavior lead to physical altercations in younger players. I have asked for evidence of why you think I am incorrect and you can not provided me any.  I am a open minded person and am will to change my mind if I am proven incorrect.  I given my opinion and I was called out on it not the other way around.  I  know some fans get upset when you say something they do not like about a player but that does not make it false.
    Posted by Orrthebest

No, I don't....and frankly, I think it's laughable that you'd even make the point that a single example in one game proves anything (assuming it's true) about someone who has played over 600 games in the NHL.

I don't think you're incorrect. That's the point: I don't know if you're correct or not. And neither do you....you just don't like the guy (which, as mentioned, is fine).   I'm not a fan of his, either.

You can have any opinion you want. But don't pretend you have any facts about what kind of teammate Kovalchuk is. You don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: No-one talking Kovalchuk anymore? : No, I don't....and frankly, I think it's laughable that you'd even make the point that a single example in one game proves anything (assuming it's true) about someone who has played over 600 games in the NHL. I don't think you're incorrect. That's the point: I don't know if you're correct or not. And neither do you....you just don't like the guy (which, as mentioned, is fine).   I'm not a fan of his, either. You can have any opinion you want. But don't pretend you have any facts about what kind of teammate Kovalchuk is. You don't.
    Posted by Kennedy97

What is a bad team mate?  You want to get into semantics so lets get into.  When anyone says so and so is a bad team mate it is a subjective statement.  You can have 2 players on the same team that have the opposite view of a team mate.

I provided my opinion, which is what I thought this board is for, and relentlessly attack for it.  My opinion is my opinion if you do not like it change it by providing me with some evidence to the contrary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

maybe wideman and ryder and thomas and ferrence and begin are good teammates(useless,but good teammates). they are all good teamates. cant score to save there life but they all get along.

and isnt that what really matters.