no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night?

woke up this morning hoping to come here and read some "hate-posts" about wideman and was let down.. the guy was absoluteley terrible last night..my favorite part, which im sure all of you were watching.. was him tripping on his own unathletic feet and falling on his stomach , leaving the puck basically on a rushing toronto forward.. of course this was only one of his many terrible plays throughout the night.. but i am getting so sick of his play.. SIT HIM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwineFluBruin. Show SwineFluBruin's posts

Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night?

Try looking down and reading the 5 Wideman su-cks threads?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Wideman played a good game last night..one or two mistakes but nothing close to hunwick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Kessel owned Wideman on the outside all night. Wideman has decent speed too, he just gets turned way too much. He's been an absolute disaster this season. 

I actually feel bad for him because it doesnt seem to be from a lack of effort.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

Dead horse

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

Agree, he is terrible can't believe management doesn't see it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night?:
    Agree, he is terrible can't believe management doesn't see it. 
    Posted by bruins09

The problem is, who do they have that is any better? (Queue the sound of crickets chirping). They should be limiting his ice time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I watched the O-T  on the Toronto station. The commentator said" Wideman just fell over in the Leafs end'
    It was the second timein O-T he was caught out
    The first time TT makes a great save
    This time Ryder wipes out TT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TJCIV. Show TJCIV's posts

Wideman is not a quality 5-6 NHL defenseman right now.  He is an AHL defenseman and even then he may be limited.  I think everybody sees it from the hard-core fans, puck scribes, management and coaches.  That said, do the B's have any better options?  Moreover, beyond Rask, has any Bruin remotely achieved or exceeded expectations this season?  Too many guys not playing to ability on too many nights and it starts with the high-priced, big-contract guys like Bergeron, Savard, Thomas, Chara, Krecji, Lucic, Ryder, Wideman and Sturm.   I blame Chiarelli for building this team and Julien for not getting more out of it.  Chiarelli is a well-educated, but mediocre GM who way overpaid for mediocre talent and that makes him the second worst GM behind Glen Sather in NY.   While Wideman and Hunwick are complete jokes, the rest of the team is little better and I would expect another winning drought that relegates the Bruins back to obscurity in this town.  Do you think Brian Burke would tolerate this crap?  At least he is making moves to rebuild Toronto while Chiarelli gives out long-term contracts to reclamation projects and players with one good year of NHL hockey Ryder and Thomas the most obvious examples).   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TJCIV. Show TJCIV's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night?:
    Wideman played a good game last night..one or two mistakes but nothing close to hunwick
    Posted by wallydouglas

Kind of like saying that the Ebola virus is not that bad compared to AIDS.  If your baseline is that low, does it even merit differentiation?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Can't keep blaming Wideman for all the team's woes.

The defense overall is slow, the wingers can't score (although Recchi had a nice game for a change), and there is very little grit on this team.

Instead of blaming Wideman every game, at least be happy you have world class goaltending.

The team is average at best and only great goal-tending is masking that fact.

Need to add a couple of quality defencemen and forwards on this team thru the draft and offseason moves.

This team is 2nd tier at best right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Humwick made a couple of mistakes.

Wideman blew the game!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I can't remember the last time I saw an NHL Dman stumbling around his own end as often as Wideman has this year.  I mean, he has to be working at it, right? Seidenberg and Stuart should be seeing the most ice time.  Wideman getting almost 30 last night is absurd.

Toronto's game winner featured Wideman stumbling over himself in the neutral zone and Ryder trying to make a good defensive play but instead misjudges his slide, blocks the shot/pass right back to Kulemin and, on top of it, takes out TT.  If there are two other guys in the NHL underachieving as much as these 2, I haven't seen them.

I'm sick of people blaming PC for Wideman's and Ryder's contracts.  Sure he signed them, but last year, they looked like steals.  Wideman was a young Dman who could move the puck and was only getting better.  The Ryder signing was a gamble, and a big one at $4M per, but Ryder scored 29 goals last year, while being a part of one of the more dangerous lines in the NHL.  I know it's PC's job to assess how the players will progress, but how is supposed to assess that Wideman would forget how to skate?? He's never been a great skater, but his feet have been so bad this year it's just shocking to me. How is he supposed to know Ryder would have a decent year then just mail it in this year? The blame is on the players and the system.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by wallydouglas

I agree that Wideman played well.He could lead the squad in points and hits and still get no respect from these "experts"who just love to jump on the nearest,negative bandwagon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night? : I agree that Wideman played well.He could lead the squad in points and hits and still get no respect from these "experts"who just love to jump on the nearest,negative bandwagon.
    Posted by dezaruchi

In what ways did Wideman play well last night?  I seriously want to know.  And if Wideman did not have a good season last year, would you be still defending him.  He's a one-hit wonder that has been overrated by management and by fans like you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

Can't keep blaming Wideman for all the team's woes. The defense overall is slow, the wingers can't score (although Recchi had a nice game for a change), and there is very little grit on this team. Instead of blaming Wideman every game, at least be happy you have world class goaltending. The team is average at best and only great goal-tending is masking that fact. Need to add a couple of quality defencemen and forwards on this team thru the draft and offseason moves. This team is 2nd tier at best right now.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey
    "Instead of blaming Wideman every game, at least be happy you have world class goaltending"

LMAO! Apparently you missed Torontos 1st and 3rd goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

I would like to know how Wideman played well last night too.  The only positive I noticed is that he blocked shots (one of his strong suits because it doesn't involve him skating) and FINALLY got a puck through to the net that lead to Bergy's goal.

@Dezaruchi, how do you justify his skating?  I don't see anyone else on the team falling down as often as he does.  How about his awareness of the defensive zone?  He was unable to remember where Kessel was on the ice.  Listen, I know I'm being critical, but for a guy who's going to be making $4M next year, it's been all backward steps this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night? : "Instead of blaming Wideman every game, at least be happy you have world class goaltending" LMAO! Apparently you missed Torontos 1st and 3rd goal.
    Posted by notrolls

You must have missed a number of breakaway stops Thomas made, a great stop on Grabowski in the overtime, one on Schenn on the rebound.  I think he should have had Primeau's goal for sure, the 3rd one was a bad break.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night? : You must have missed a number of breakaway stops Thomas made, a great stop on Grabowski in the overtime, one on Schenn on the rebound.  I think he should have had Primeau's goal for sure, the 3rd one was a bad break.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey
    If Thomas makes those 2 routine stops then he wouldn't have had to stop Grabowski in OT. The only world class goalie on this team will be back in net against Philly. Thomas and his five hole will be on the bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

@notrolls, Are you lost or something?  Thomas is the only reason the Bruins didn't get blown out against a last place team.  Comparing the saves Thomas had to make with those that Gustafsson had to make, it's as if the Toronto goalie had the night off.  Don't remember him having to come up huge too many times.  Also, his effort on the Sturm goal was pathetic.

Of all the things to complain about, the netminding is at the end of the list!  The last 11 games, the Bruins GAA is 2.36... very respectable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night? : In what ways did Wideman play well last night?  I seriously want to know.  And if Wideman did not have a good season last year, would you be still defending him.  He's a one-hit wonder that has been overrated by management and by fans like you.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Wideman is the only guy starting solid breakouts and was able to hold the offensive blue line a number of times,leading to offence and chances.People only notice when he can't hold the line.TWO straight good years but he's a one hit wonder?Keep blaming 1 guy for an entire team's problems.That should help.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes, Wideman continues to play poorly, as does Ryder. The question is why are they still getting ice time?? Why is Marchand sitting since they recalled him?? Why is wheeler continuing to make rookie mistakes?? Somewhere, the Bruins are not being coached very well. Where is the game plan?? Where is the adjustment once the entire league sent speeders around Chara?? Why did the Islanders scoop the best COACH/Teacher in the Bruins organization?? What does Chiarelli's high paid staff do to correct the problems??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Emerson23. Show Emerson23's posts

Wideman also hit a post last night. He's not so much bad as sloppy. Hunwich takes up space. They all back off until they're in the crease, especially Wideman, and except for Boychuck who will often check at the blue line. Chara stands still when he has the puck, as though he can't skate and stickhandle at the same time. When he's at his best he does both. But not very often this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

In Response to Re: no one wants to comment on how awful wideman played last night? : Wideman is the only guy starting solid breakouts and was able to hold the offensive blue line a number of times,leading to offence and chances.People only notice when he can't hold the line.TWO straight good years but he's a one hit wonder?Keep blaming 1 guy for an entire team's problems.That should help.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Wideman is solid, but his mistakes in the defensive end are glaring and embarrassing for a guy making $4M next year.  A guy can't just forget how to skate, can he?  In sports, we are critical of players' performances because of how well they are compensated and how high the talent level is around them.  If he wasn't falling all over the place, I don't think there would be nearly as many people calling for his head.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

@notrolls, Are you lost or something?  Thomas is the only reason the Bruins didn't get blown out against a last place team.  Comparing the saves Thomas had to make with those that Gustafsson had to make, it's as if the Toronto goalie had the night off.  Don't remember him having to come up huge too many times.  Also, his effort on the Sturm goal was pathetic. Of all the things to complain about, the netminding is at the end of the list!  The last 11 games, the Bruins GAA is 2.36... very respectable.
    Posted by BruinsGM24
    Yeah, I'm the one that's lost. Timmy has 15 wins in 39 starts. There's a reason he was benched for 6 games prior to Rask getting hurt.
    Six million dollars gets you a 15-24 record?!! Way to go Chiarelli!!

Sections
Shortcuts