No season opener for DTV customers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

No season opener for DTV customers?

Anyone heard anything about Nesn picking up the game? I know its on VS and VS is no longer on DTV.  This whole situation is garbage.... NESN better be allowed to air all our games that versus has the rights to untill theres a resolution.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: No season opener for DTV customers?

As far as I know, ther has not been a resolution yet.  As a Center Ice subscriber, I expect that we will have an alternate feed available.  I need to call DirecTV to be sure.  I'll be all sorts of pissed if it is unavailable. 

I'm already unhappy about them dumping Versus.  Versus has gotten continuously better since the name change from OLN.  Not only has their NHL coverage gotten better, but their other sports programming was decent as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I talked with DTV about it when I renewed my center ice package ($160 per year).  The rep didn't really know..what do any of them know? 

My question is--  if a game is covered by Versus, then does NESN not cover it?
    Anyone know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

NESN doesn't cover games that Versus does, which is why you see Brick doing alot of the Bruins Versus games

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Afraid of that....and someone said that Versus is covering seven Bruins games this year.  We can only hope that some of them are away games and covered by the host team channel..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

How about if you have the NHL Center Ice Package w/ Direct TV, will the versus feed be shown on the Center Ice channels?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

For heavens sake, This post makes me yearn for the days of Fred Cusick and WSBK! It was much simplier!

"Sit Ubu Sit"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I have the NHL Center Ice package through Time Warner and when Versus were showing games last year on Mondays n Tuesdays those games were not shown on the Center Ice Package doubt things are gonna change.

and for this I hope Bettman loses to Balsillie on this weeks ruling for the Yotes. Bettman won't step in too make sure when you pay $160.00 you get EVERY GAME!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbooch. Show tbooch's posts

Cablevision owns the rights to Versus and basically took it from DTV. It's an ever ending battle according to the Cablevision rep that was at my house the other day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

if i didnt have season tickets, I would switch to Dish Network ASAP.  I dont mind missing a couple regular season road games, but come playoff time, I will be worried about road playoff games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

In Response to Re: No season opener for DTV customers?:

I feel really bad if those who have DTV can't watch the opener. What a terrible thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Hopefully they come to the same resolution they did with the games that were played on the NFL Network. If its a local game, the local channel can pick up the coverage. The fact that you could pay 5 dollars a month and actually get the NFL network makes this situation 10 times worse. Those of us with DTV have absolutely no option. Im sure it will all get worked out, I just hope its before October 1st.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

The local bar will be seeing me stroll in if this is not resolved, the wife be damned!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

How many playoff games were on NESN last year?  I live in Connecticut and get NESN with DirecTv, but I do not get other local Boston channels.  It would blow big time if playoff games were missed.  Its bad enough I'm gonna miss the opener.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

I can't believe the NHL hasn't stepped in to find a resolution to this issue.  I'm sure a significant number of hockey fans are DirecTV subscribers, including myself, you would think Bonehead Bettman would at least make an effort.  I decided to just buy tickets to the home opener and if this isn't figured out by the playoffs I'll be switching away from DirecTV.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

I've been trying to get someone @ Directv to tell me if those games from Versus will now be braodcast on the Center Ice package, but can not get a straight answer. Living down here in SC is bad enough with almost nobody giving hockey the time of day, but i dont feel like paying all the money for the Center ice package, and still miss like 9 games plus playoffs. Gusse ill go to the bar and fight to get them to play a hockey game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from strangebruin. Show strangebruin's posts

just an fyi to Dtv people - I called them and stated I would cancel - and they gave me money off my bill ($20) and free center ice/starz for 6 months - not bad!....I will just head to a friend's house to watch the opener if it is not resolved by then

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jefferson906. Show jefferson906's posts

[QUOTE]just an fyi to Dtv people - I called them and stated I would cancel - and they gave me money off my bill ($20) and free center ice/starz for 6 months - not bad!....I will just head to a friend's house to watch the opener if it is not resolved by then
    Posted by strangebruin[/QUOTE]

I'm still in the first two years of my Dtv agreement, so I doubt if I'd get the same kind of deal...I feel like this is a breach of contract by DirecTV. The only reason I signed with them is because they were the only Center Ice carrier in my area. Combined with Versus, NESN and MSG, I caught every Bruins and Rangers (the wife is a NYR fan) last season.

Instead of approaching it by giving Versus viewers the option to pay extra for the channel, Dtv just pulls it out from under us. This whole thing is just a pissing match between Dtv and Comcast, it has nothing to do with the NHL.

Looks like I'll be paying out the nose for backing out of my Dtv contract. Joy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddd112273. Show ddd112273's posts

I actually dropped my DTV down to nothing except for the sports package and the Center Ice and went with the U-verse from ATT as the primary. We have the same channels that we had With DTV but we are now saving $50 a month on our bill. Att has VS, but no NESN or Center ICE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from strangebruin. Show strangebruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: No season opener for DTV customers? : I'm still in the first two years of my Dtv agreement, so I doubt if I'd get the same kind of deal...I feel like this is a breach of contract by DirecTV. The only reason I signed with them is because they were the only Center Ice carrier in my area. Combined with Versus, NESN and MSG, I caught every Bruins and Rangers (the wife is a NYR fan) last season. Instead of approaching it by giving Versus viewers the option to pay extra for the channel, Dtv just pulls it out from under us. This whole thing is just a pissing match between Dtv and Comcast, it has nothing to do with the NHL. Looks like I'll be paying out the nose for backing out of my Dtv contract. Joy.
    Posted by jefferson906[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jefferson906. Show jefferson906's posts

[QUOTE]I actually dropped my DTV down to nothing except for the sports package and the Center Ice and went with the U-verse from ATT as the primary. We have the same channels that we had With DTV but we are now saving $50 a month on our bill. Att has VS, but no NESN or Center ICE.
    Posted by ddd112273[/QUOTE]

Thats a good plan, I think I'll do that with a Verizon Fios/Dtv combo, then when my contract is up with Dtv, I'll get rid of them and transfer all services to Fios...plus I'll be able to stream music and movies from my PC directly to the Fios box..nice.

Sections
Shortcuts