NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!!

Even though I expected that piece of S Campbell to do this, I am totally speechless when I read this on TSN.  Yes folks, there is NO SUPSENSION for Matt Cooke.  I hope that Claude is happy allowing the league to "take care of it" instead of his players........

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=313323

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!!

Hahaha Coin Campbell at his finest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!!:
    Even though I expected that piece of S Campbell to do this, I am totally speechless when I read this on TSN.  Yes folks, there is NO SUPSENSION for Matt Cooke.  I hope that Claude is happy allowing the league to "take care of it" instead of his players........ http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=313323
    Posted by blydon75

I can't say I am surprised after Campbell refused to suspend Walker during play-offs either.Guess all Bruins are fair game.Ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

This is the best news I have heard in a long time!  This gives those gutless wonders a chance to redeem themselves on the 18th!  If nothing is done to Cooke and Crosby, I will not watch the remainder of the season!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I never subscribed to the theory that the league played favorites until now.  It sure does appear that Campbell doesn't like the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

If the B's don't come out and bang ever Pen standing we'll see that this team has no character. On the other hand if they can take this and use it as a rally cry, it might be the best thing that has happened to the team all season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

Makes me excited to watch a Bruins game for the first time in a long time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

In Response to Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!!:
    I never subscribed to the theory that the league played favorites until now.  It sure does appear that Campbell doesn't like the Bruins.
    Posted by Mutant211

And his poster children are the Pens.. they can do NOTHING wrong. F-Campbell and F the league. Bruins need to a) keep their traps shut and B) kick some serious @ss next Thursday.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

This is the best news I have heard in a long time!  This gives those gutless wonders a chance to redeem themselves on the 18th!  If nothing is done to Cooke and Crosby, I will not watch the remainder of the season!
    Posted by MeanE

Well, I wouldn't consider this the "best" news I've heard in along time, but it will definitely be interesting to watch the game on the 18th.  I hope Cooke gets his a-- kicked (in one way or another) every single time he steps on the ice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

The NHL drops the ball once again.  I hope the Bruins respond, but their inability to do so at other junctures in the year lead me to believe they'll do nothing.  I'm sick and tired of Julien's "calm and professional" attitude.  Can the guy show any emotion himself??

CJ's Message Should Be, "Teams don't respect us.  We need to go out there and hit and grind and make the other team feel sorry for every playing us.  Don't take stupid penalties, but don't shy away from ANY possibility to intimidate our opponents."

CJ's Message Will Be, "Guys, let's stay professional.  We can't let the Cooke decision get into our heads.  We have to play as if it never happened.  Concentrate on playing our boring system, because emotions are overrated in hockey. Oh, and try not to think about our best player being out for the rest of the season."

I'm pissed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!! : Well, I wouldn't consider this the "best" news I've heard in along time, but it will definitely be interesting to watch the game on the 18th.  I hope Cooke gets his a-- kicked (in one way or another) every single time he steps on the ice.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Would you have rather have had him suspended for the Bruins game?  The weasel would not have to face the B's until next season.  Savrad is hurt and not coming back any time soon, so unless they gave him a suspension equal to the amount of time Savy is out, no suspension would suffice.  Thornton said that he would have done something if he was on the ice on the radio this morning, well he will have his chance.  This team had better not give us any excuses on why they didn't try and destroy every player on the Pens and try their best to injure "Cookie" after the game on the 18th!  It's time for Old Time Hockey!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyV219. Show JohnnyV219's posts

What makes me sick is not 1 bruin player did anything to Cooke!! this "team" has NO heart..Id be pssd if i were savard..If this team does nothing on the 18th, they just lost a lot of this long time fans respect...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Bet all of my bruins stuff that they do nothing!

Never seen a team so gutless!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I'm not a fan of revenge hits, but I think it could work. I don't mean Cooke because I figure everybody knows that needs to come, but I mean that pile of dog excrement known as Colin Campbell.

April 1st, Florida Panthers. Maybe if somebody does the same hit on his son then this piece of work will finally see that these kinds of hits can't be allowed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: NO SUSPENSION FOR COOKE!!!!! : Would you have rather have had him suspended for the Bruins game?  The weasel would not have to face the B's until next season.  Savrad is hurt and not coming back any time soon, so unless they gave him a suspension equal to the amount of time Savy is out, no suspension would suffice.  Thornton said that he would have done something if he was on the ice on the radio this morning, well he will have his chance.  This team had better not give us any excuses on why they didn't try and destroy every player on the Pens and try their best to injure "Cookie" after the game on the 18th!  It's time for Old Time Hockey!
    Posted by MeanE

Agreed, but I still wouldn't call this the "best" news I've heard.  Better news would be: Savard will return before the end of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

MeanE, though I agree, I also know that the only repurcussions would've been from the league, because these pukes will do nothing.  2 points are too valuable to them.  More valuable than coming together as a team and sticking up for your best player.  They'll come in being their typical robotic selves because that's how they are coached.  They are coached to stay calm, don't run around, play within the system, no stupid penalties, etc.  I really believe that next Thursday is going to be the biggest disappointment of the year for all that are expecting a blood bath......Julien will make sure it won't happen.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I saw this coming as soon as the started comparing it to the Richards hit earlier this year. A shoulder to head hit is legal in today's hockey, thats why there was no penaltyand that's why their is no suspension.
       If they don't address head hits in the offseason then we could be looking at another player's strike in the near future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Cukoo is right again.. Nice post

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

MeanE, though I agree, I also know that the only repurcussions would've been from the league, because these pukes will do nothing.  2 points are too valuable to them.  More valuable than coming together as a team and sticking up for your best player.  They'll come in being their typical robotic selves because that's how they are coached.  They are coached to stay calm, don't run around, play within the system, no stupid penalties, etc.  I really believe that next Thursday is going to be the biggest disappointment of the year for all that are expecting a blood bath......Julien will make sure it won't happen.......
    Posted by blydon75

Agreed.  CJ is going to lobby for the calm and professional approach.  Thornton will fight Rupp in a staged battle where both parties briefly wrestle then pull apart and look for the linesmen to jump in.

Disappointing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecb19. Show ecb19's posts

Will be a sad day in Bruins history if they do nothing on the 18th.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All of hockey's eyes will be on this game and I really hope the Bruins don't fall into that trap, crap of being politically correct .
    From the day the bonehead said there was no elbow I knew he would not get anything.  It's not how much of a suspension I think he deserves but the principle that he didn't try to hurt Savvy .  It was not the shoulder and Savards head was not down.  It was his forearm that hit him , oh wait ,  1/2 inch from the elbow !
    Does Colin Campbell forget that today the new elbow pads start at almost the wrist and end towards the shoulder ?  WHAT A JOKE ! 
    Anybody that intends to hurt someone is an automatic suspension.  THERE IS NO JUSTICE IN THIS !
    I'de rather the Bruins not make the playoffs because the whole team gets suspended on the 18th for their actions against the Pens.  If the league cannot inflict justice the team and players should !
    I know I'll get blasted as it's not the way to go about it but I am certain all of the hockey "milieu" will accept whatever happens that game.
    THE NHL CREATED BERTUZZI !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

My hope is that Crosby get laid out by a shoulder to the head and is out for the next two years with post-concussion syndrome. This will show Campbell and Bettmen what a joke they have made the NHL. This is an outrage!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

I WANT TO SEE FRUIT CAKE CROSBY AND MUMBLES MALKIN OUT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

If it was a Bruin he would be suspended as proven last year when Lucic got 2 games for defending himself and Campbell called him a thug...Walker got nothing for what I thought the NHL would call Intent to injure with a sucker punch to Ward..Ward was still had his stick in his hands and the dropped the gloves and suckered him come on or when the Canadians were taking cheapafter cheap shot  the Bruins left and right in the final meeting of the season last year....Strum got the cheapest shot with 5 seconds left in the and we are up by 5 I think.. Campbell has something against the B's and the NHL really needs to look in to this.. The b"s get the short end time and time again...Don't get to excited about Cooke playing against us I don't think the B's are going to do a thing which just ruins my faith in the whole franchise...I am a bigger hockey fan than any other sport and I don't know if I can support this league any more

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

habssuck09,  do you remember the cross check to the face Lucic got by Komisarek game4 .  He got tossed out but guess what .. NO SUSPENSION.
    That's your proof there are two different measures.  I can't even explain how sad I am from this sport I love. 

Sections
Shortcuts