No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year

Chiarelli, you have failed to build a team capable of generating offense, and a cup will not be won with strictly defensive game. The blueline and goaltending is fine. The Bruins lack goal scoring ability. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bruin's fans. Enjoy your holidays, as there will be no gifts of Lord Stanley in 2010.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

Re: No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year

just a quick question, how awesome was Pittsburgh at this point last season? no reason to bet on the Bruins right now, no reason to count them out either

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yahoo827. Show yahoo827's posts

In Response to Re: No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year:
    [QUOTE]just a quick question, how awesome was Pittsburgh at this point last season? no reason to bet on the Bruins right now, no reason to count them out either
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

You can't be serious? The Penguins also went to the Cup Finals the year before and had a couple guys like Crosby & Malkin. Boston doesn't even come close to that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

Bergy, I wish I could say you are right... truth is that you are far too optimistic to compare the B's to the Pens.. Wish we had 1/2 their talent up front...

God bless all.. Our time is yet to come.. Cam Neely, please do something to help this team, we are very tired of wishing away our lives..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

no comparisons hmmm? okay, well, the bruins finished first in the east last year, i konw the got ousted in the 2nd round in OT of game 7, but they had an impressive season.

Penguins after their cup finals run lost their best goal scoring threat....sound familiar? (they also lost malone)

they made a reasonably big trade deadline move to get guerin, and give one of their star centers a scoring winger.

How many more comparisons you want?

again, not saying bet on the bruins, but at this point ruling them out is both asinine and absurd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

I'm pretty sure his point was about how well the 'team' was playing at this time last year, which was almost poor enough to miss the playoffs let alone win the cup.  So, it’s about how things easily change from the beginning of the year to the playoffs. 

With the majority of the same team, the Bruins scored the second most goals in the league.  Many believe that the B's played over their head last year, which is possible.  But as this team gets healthy, and finally has the pieces to roll 4 lines without juggling them.  I believe they are stronger offensively then they have shown.   Which, if you think about it, is pretty good considering how poorly the Bruins have played overall the first 35 games.  Yet they have themselves in a good spot in the standings with games in hand on most of the teams surrounding them. 

Yeah, that winger for Savards line is a definite hole, and who knows when it will be filled.  But the Bruins have recourses to get that accomplished, they just need to play their cards right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]just a quick question, how awesome was Pittsburgh at this point last season? no reason to bet on the Bruins right now, no reason to count them out either
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

i think that if ur wishing that bruins follow in pens footsteps of last yr , u may be deluding urself. We do not have th ofensive talent of pitts(ie malkin, crosby) , they also went to cup finals the yr b4 , we had the second rd something we have not had in yrs.
    also do not underestimate Blysma, he made a difference after they canned thierrien, julien is not a winner, and yes bruins will not win a cup this yr i gurantee u that at least not with this roster, in fcat i would be shocked if they even get out of second rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Stanley Cup is not awarded to the team that looks awesome in December.

But, I have to agree , I am not seeing a team that has the look of a champion.

But, let's just go along for the ride (again) and see if these guys don't come together with Lucic back in the lineup. Sure he's not a bigtime scorer, but his on ice leadership is greatly missed and I think we all can agree the Bruins haven't had a player who exemplifies what a Boston Bruin should be since Cam Neely and Terry O'Reilly. Lucic is that kind of on ice presence, he brings more to the rink than what his numbers say he should. He is the intangible, the wild card, the guy who makes everyone around him play better, because they know he will stand up for each and every teammate. Unlike Thornton , who is a great teammate and can be an enforcer type, Lucic has talent to go along with the physical end of the game.

People underestimate the importance of a player like him.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

Unless this team gets an impact player at the deadline I don't think this team can even get out of the first round.

Chiarelli is hugley to blame IMO for his severe miscalculations of this teams talent and "compete level"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

MrPingu

Yep you are right we are so bad that last year we finished 1st in the Conference, won the Vezina, the Norris and the Jack Adams, and this year we will win the Stanley Cup, yeah we are really bad.  Lack of offense...hummm we finished 1st in the conference last year for most goals scored ...duh

Stats count at the end of the season ,,,go to Starbucks have a good coffee and relax Man ....Bruins will win the Cup

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

[QUOTE] Yep you are right we are so bad that last year we finished 1st in the Conference, won the Vezina, the Norris and the Jack Adams, and this year we will win the Stanley Cup, yeah we are really bad.  Lack of offense...hummm we finished 1st in the conference last year for most goals scored ...

Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS[/QUOTE]

And what did the get us? Upset on home ice in the second round by a #6 seed. Big freaking deal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

In Response to No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year:
    [QUOTE]Chiarelli, you have failed to build a team capable of generating offense, and a cup will not be won with strictly defensive game. The blueline and goaltending is fine. The Bruins lack goal scoring ability. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Bruin's fans. Enjoy your holidays, as there will be no gifts of Lord Stanley in 2010.  
    Posted by MrPingu[/QUOTE]

hmmmm devils defensive hockey won cups

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year : hmmmm devils defensive hockey won cups
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

They also had a guy named Brodeur in net.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If you finish last for several years then your team will be stacked.  Pittsburg's losses and finishes would never be accepted here in Boston like Pittsburg. Pittsburg is talented but finished fourth last year.  I think they were lucky in having Carolina as a match up with Detroit contending with the much more talented western conference.  Pittsburg are the Stanley Cup champions somewhat like the 1994 Montreal Canadiens, fortunate.  As for the Bruins at this stage of the year it does not look promising.  The wings are below average in scoring.  A trade to compete for a scoring forward is not in the cards.  Other teams are looking for scoring.  If there is a trade then Wideman or Krejci would have to be packaged with the Bruins number one picks for the next two years. The only advantage we have is a solid defense and goaltending.  If the offense is not awaken from winter hibernation then I would say the team is going to go the route of rebuilding.  Remember only one team can win the Stanley Cup.  If you don't score with the likes of Ryder and Strum not much is going to help the team on offense.  Nonetheless, I like what Zilla said of Lucic.  I don't attend games but two years ago I did in the fall.  Lucic is changes the play on the ice.  It is amazing to watch his presence on the ice.  He has energy and strength!  He needs to stay healthy though!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to No talent and scoring punch = no cup again this year : hmmmm devils defensive hockey won cups
    Posted by bruinsfan084evr[/QUOTE]

Yep-Devils won cups with defensive style hockey-it can be done
    Those devils teams were also a real rugged group of physical players, who HIT anything that moved. They had some real nasty in their game- it can be done. But Wheeler, Hunwick, Wideman, Ference, Savard, Krejci, Sturm, Ryder, Bergeron,
    Bitz ... I think that's enough to make my point

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

You guys should all come down have a nice cup of tea and relax.  Let's all enjoy the Hollidays.  We saw last year that the season means nothing much.  Look at the Sharks they get all excited every year and then choke big time during the playoffs.  Let's all panic when there is 2 weeks left because what really matters is the way you play right before the playoffs.  If you get into a streak at the right moment you can go really far.  Rememeber the Hurricanes  who were terrible last year until they made a change of coach.  All of a sudden they were one of the better team in the second half and manage to beat not only the Devils but also the Bruins in the first 2 rounds, 2 teams with more skills.  On this... Merry Christmas everyone!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

This is a freaking hilarious thread.  Let's see....we have comparisons to last year's Penguins, the Devils (under Lou Lamoriello as GM for 20+ years), reminders of the stats of last year's Bruins squad that bowed out in the second round, and plenty of wishful thinking and blind optimism.   Comedy, no doubt! But one thing I've yet to see here on this board is the fact that the Bruins are in the division whose first place team has the fewest points of ANY division leader.  And, a step more, the Bruins are 5th in the East, which would get them 10th place in the West.  Having traded away their top scorer from last year, they now are next to last (only Carolina has scored fewer) in total goals scored for the season. They are, in my eyes, unimpressive so far this year and by being in the weaker conference (so far) do little to make me think they are even a dark horse for the Cup this year, forget about competing for it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hyperbole above!

Sections
Shortcuts