NO Trade Kessel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

NO Trade Kessel

It would be a huge mistake to trade Phil Kessel. The Bruins screwed upon when they sign Chara for stupid money right after the !@ midnight free agency shopping spree. Paying Hossa 8 million is a BAD plan. I would upgrade the defense..Lilles or Campbell. Buy out Murray and Manny F., get a decent back-up to play 20-25 games and spell time Thomas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjmminicooper. Show rjmminicooper's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Let's go already 24 year as a season ticket holder.  Murray and Manny need to go.   Thomas, Auld and Rask can get it done in the net.  The d  is solid.  We need Hossa with a 3/4  Bergeron excitement will rock the garden and keep those Canadien fans out of our building.  I'm getting tired of too many Canadien fans.  I'm ready for the season to start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Yes lets just throw away our future so we can have Hossa on the team.  If you think TT is capable of playing 60 games and then a playoff run to the cup you are dellusional.  He gets tired any time he plays 4 games in a row.  Our best chance at winning is if we play with MF and TT as a combo.  We will clear about 12 million is salary next year enough to sign Gaborik if we want.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Murray is getting long in the tooth but O'C made the bed and PC has to sleep in it! As for Kessel why trade a 21 yr. old that has 30-40 goal potential that is only making 2M? It makes no sense and isn't going to happen. If you want to get rid of 2M, Axelsson is a tradeable asset and is aging, always injured lately, and gets 5-10 goals.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

NO Trade Kessel

My arguement is who cares about other teams. Who's more attractive to us at the same cost?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Kessel is NOT untouchable...would like to keep him but would trade him for value.

Everyone...PLEASE..no one wants our garbage....so just saying trade so-and-so, the same undesirable names and bad contracts...is a compete waste off time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

NO Trade Kessel

just like the bs don't want anyone elses garbage. You also can't trade kessel just  to gain cap space.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15Boston15. Show 15Boston15's posts

NO Trade Kessel

I think trading Kessel would be a very big mistake. Hossa is an older player who may not have a lot left in him but Phil is a young player that can player for much longer. We know how Phil plays in Boston and we know that he can score but we don't know how Hossa will do here. I wouldn't want to spend so much money on a player that could bomb in Boston and watch Phil excel at another team while were sitting here kicking ourselves over the trade. I hope P.C. makes the right choice and that's to keep Kessel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Even if we buy out murray we still will not have enough cap space for Hossa.  FORGET ABOUT HOSSA THERE IS NO WAY TO GET HIM WITHOUT GUTTING THE TEAM AND LOSING OUR YOUNG TALENTED PLAYERS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Kessel does have a long way to go before he is a proven goal scorer or even a good NHLer but with the cap restrictions we have, 2M is a fairly cheap investment on a young player with his potential. You simply can't give up on him yet. If we had 10M in cap room and could trade him and get Hossa and more players, then it would be a different story, then maybe you go ahead but our situation doesn't allow that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

NO Trade Kessel

I disagree, There is probably 6 teams that would take a defensive forward like Axelsson in a second for all that he costs, and Kessel's still learning how to play in this league. It was his first playoffs, most kids arn't even in the league yet when there 20 except for a certain few that are named Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin. But we can give up on him so we can all complain later like we do with Boyes!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Keep Kessel, trade Scheafer (sp?) dump  Murray and  Manny..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

NO Trade Kessel

buy out any of the combination of contracts from Murray, Fernandez, Schaffer, Axelsson.  One of them, two of them, all of them, i dont care!  Take the buyout price!, their salaries will be amortized over 2 seasons, so its not a huge hit annually.  Give a young guy at cheap money a chance, or better yet a reasonably priced Free Agent. 

What GM in their right mind would trade for any of the above?  Ferguson Jr. & O'Connell do not have GM gigs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

NO Trade Kessel

[Quote]Yes lets just throw away our future so we can have Hossa on the team.  We will clear about 12 million is salary next year enough to sign Gaborik if we want.[/Quote]

What makes you think Minnesota isn't going to pull out all the stops to re-sign the face of their freaking franchise???  I'd prefer Gaborik over Hossa, but Gaborik is going to be expecting $9+ million a year, minimum, and you're not taking into account Kessel being up for a raise. Gaborik is a pipe dream at best, while Hossa is already on the open market and had his best years playing next toSavard.  Look up his stats. Even if Gaborik did make it to the open market Chicago, Anaheim, Atlanta, Buffalo, Montreal, the Islanders, Philly, and to a lesser extent Vancouver and Tampa are ALL in a much better position to pay Gaborik $10m a year if he asks for it.  You're looking two years ahead for something that most likely won't be there when the time comes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

NO Trade Kessel

So for a team that is seriously lacking goal scoring, you'd blow off Hossa, who is in his prime and was a 40+ guy next to Savard, in favor of Campbell, who is expecting (and will get) at *least* $7 million a year and plays some pretty mediocre defense.  Good luck with that argument. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

NO Trade Kessel

I agree I also would prefer hossa and would love to see him with savard. Savard has been second in assists two years running with nobody to pass it to. If it means juggling the books a little to make it happen, now's our chance, because I truly believe Hossa wants to come to Beantown!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

NO Trade Kessel

[Quote]So you think there will be a duck boats parade for the bruins next year?

THE BRUINS SUCK OK?

[/Quote]
    your right they shoudl have signed eddie shore dang them!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

NO Trade Kessel

The Bruins need to RELAX!!! Take their time, not "fall in love" with one particular player, which will cause them to overpay like they did for Chara. I like Ryder, some grit..Lilles, mobile and kick the tires with Florida on Jay B., even if you have to throw in a 1st round pick for 2009.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doitbruins. Show Doitbruins's posts

NO Trade Kessel

Can people stop talking about Hossa being a 10 Mil a year player?  He's not getting that anywhere and probably not looking for it.  He will be somewhere between 8 and 8.5 and 5 to 7 years.  And by the way, a 34 year old Hossa would not be washed up.  The corresponding move will have to be a Murray buyout, but this is the move to make.  And Kessel has talent, but let's not overrate the guy.  He couldn't make it off the bench for a few games in a playoff series.   I see him as Samsanov, another fast shifty player who doesn't quite reach his potential.  Hey, I hope I'm wrong, but what evidence is there that he will score 30-40 in the NHL?  Hossa has done it playing with players on this team.  Keep Kessel and have him learn from Hossa, but a Kessel Vs. Hossa argument is just wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

Re: NO Trade Kessel

interesting

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

Re: NO Trade Kessel

In Response to NO Trade Kessel:
    [QUOTE]It would be a huge mistake to trade Phil Kessel. The Bruins screwed upon when they sign Chara for stupid money right after the !@ midnight free agency shopping spree. Paying Hossa 8 million is a BAD plan. I would upgrade the defense..Lilles or Campbell. Buy out Murray and Manny F., get a decent back-up to play 20-25 games and spell time Thomas.
    Posted by hARRIS666[/QUOTE]

Completely agree Harris.

Sections
Shortcuts