Nobody wants to play in Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbernstein7. Show jbernstein7's posts

Nobody wants to play in Boston

Is it me, or does it seem like the Bruins have to overpay (considerably) to get free agents to sign here. This does not bode well for the long term competitiveness of the franchise. So much bad karma over the past 20 years is coming back to haunt them.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Re: Nobody wants to play in Boston

thats not true

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

my how things have changed

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbullettrain. Show redbullettrain's posts

THREE REASONS:

1) Jeremy Jacobs

2) Boston is one of the most expensive places to live in the US

3) Chronic underachievers in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redbullettrain. Show redbullettrain's posts

In Response to Re: Nobody wants to play in Boston:
    Troll
    Posted by pauly1

Reported thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Nobody wants to play in Boston : Reported thanks.
    Posted by redbullettrain
      Your welcome. (anytime).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

my how things have changed
    Posted by Big-Bad-Bruins91

Yes.  Things have changed.  They got Wheeler to sign here.  PC giving Ward to Carolina had no upside for the Bruins, it was a total salary dump and most of all a GIFT to Ward as he lives down there and he's going to stay in that area after he retires.

If there's anything that PC has done, it's been to make Boston a better place for players to come.

A friend of mine heard Chris Nilan saying the Canadiens treated their former players really well and Boston did not do the same for theirs.  That was then and this is now, I think Boston has become a much better destination than it was once.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

It was not long ago that boston was a joke and the last place players would want to go (thanks Harry). But it's time to move on, and players are lining up to play there now (thanks PC). Don't kid yourself, the way PC handled the Ward thing will be discussed among players all around the league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Yeah first place team because nobody wants to play in Boston. Did any of you morons see what the habs had to pay to get players this year?

Give your collective noggins a good shake.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wow, a four-year late reply to a post.  Talk about a long conversation!

Sections
Shortcuts