Not there yet....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Not there yet....

OK, I'll take the two points of that victory, but, the less we can say, it's that it was not much convincing again.

Our goals: two garbages, and Turco has been weak on the third one.

On defense, we were lucky a little bit, like that sure goal blocked by Hunwick.

And, it's pretty of the same: Sturm and Savard created opportunities (I liked the one when we were shorthanded, thanks to the speed of Marco), Bergy played well (but all alone), Krejci-Wheeler-Lucic did almost nothing and the 4rth line was good (especially Bitz).

So ??

If we keep the first line intact, (and presume that we're still giving a chance to the second line to shake up) what about Bitz-Bergeron-Marchand as third ??

On the 4rth, Kobasew-Begin-Thornton....and, Recchi.....eh......???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIMRICE1989. Show JIMRICE1989's posts

Re: Not there yet....

In Response to Not there yet....:
    OK, I'll take the two points of that victory, but, the less we can say, it's that it was not much convincing again. Our goals: two garbages, and Turco has been weak on the third one. On defense, we were lucky a little bit, like that sure goal blocked by Hunwick. And, it's pretty of the same: Sturm and Savard created opportunities (I liked the one when we were shorthanded, thanks to the speed of Marco), Bergy played well (but all alone), Krejci-Wheeler-Lucic did almost nothing and the 4rth line was good (especially Bitz). So ?? If we keep the first line intact, (and presume that we're still giving a chance to the second line to shake up) what about Bitz-Bergeron-Marchand as third ?? On the 4rth, Kobasew-Begin-Thornton....and, Recchi.....eh......???
    Posted by Remi72

Why the heck is everybody so negative on here(not just this guy).. we are off to a slow start, just like last year, once they get a consistent effort they will be fine..the red wings have the same record we do, and i'm sure there fans are alot smarter to not start crying nightly after there team has bad one night, b/c they get it...last night was a good victory, the offense got it done at the end of the night, and the second goal wasn't garbarge, it was a tip. good goal. and if anybody is wondering i am a bruins fan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I didn't see the game last nite as I was playing also (beer league) but from what I read on the blogs Savy is the man.  No matter who you put with him that line will work.  I think there will be fights among each other just to play witth Savy.
    Now,  the 2nd line you need to give it time. Krejci is young and needs more time adapt to any line changes.  The key there is Wheeler,  he must wake up ,  otherwise Krejci looks bad.  Krejci I see him doing all the right things and Looch will fit anywhere with his type of game therefore Julien, stick with this line and it will work.
    3rd line,  Recchi needs to pickup or that whole line suffers. Not that Kobasew is lighting it up but he's a type of player that will be as good as his surroundings.
    The 4th line,  well .... they do their job.
    BTW ,  we were 100% on the PP  1 for 1 lol and 100% on the PK. Dallas was prettg good on their PP so this is encouraging.
    GO BRUINS !!!

P.S. prove my prediction wrong again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Not there yet....:
    OK, I'll take the two points of that victory, but, the less we can say, it's that it was not much convincing again. Our goals: two garbages, and Turco has been weak on the third one. On defense, we were lucky a little bit, like that sure goal blocked by Hunwick. And, it's pretty of the same: Sturm and Savard created opportunities (I liked the one when we were shorthanded, thanks to the speed of Marco), Bergy played well (but all alone), Krejci-Wheeler-Lucic did almost nothing and the 4rth line was good (especially Bitz). So ?? If we keep the first line intact, (and presume that we're still giving a chance to the second line to shake up) what about Bitz-Bergeron-Marchand as third ?? On the 4rth, Kobasew-Begin-Thornton....and, Recchi.....eh......???
    Posted by Remi72

I didn't see the game last night as I was playing in my  beer league, but let me point out that skill and momentum bring lucky bounces your way.  If you are doing everything you should be doing the goals you get might not be pretty, but you get them.  When things are not going your way, you are probably not doing what you should.

When I see "true" luck, its in a game where the game differential is a single goal.

Then there are the things that seem lucky, but are not.  You might think the habs get lucky by getting calls for them in Montreal, but that's not luck.  It is designed that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Not there yet....:
    In Response to Not there yet.... : Why the heck is everybody so negative on here(not just this guy).. we are off to a slow start, just like last year, once they get a consistent effort they will be fine..the red wings have the same record we do, and i'm sure there fans are alot smarter to not start crying nightly after there team has bad one night, b/c they get it...last night was a good victory, the offense got it done at the end of the night, and the second goal wasn't garbarge, it was a tip. good goal. and if anybody is wondering i am a bruins fan
    Posted by JIMRICE1989

I agree with you JIMRICE. Some posters evidently are looking for utopia in the BRUINS game right now. Personally I felt very good about last night's game. I got the same vibes as I did last year when the team started to click. The effort was there again, in all three zones. Hunwick had a good game, which is encouraging, the pp  and pk clicked, the layered defensive style was evident. Just the kind of team effort the Bruins had in last years success. And, yes there were some breakdowns, but should't one be positive about a team that has not played well lately, and responds with a 3-0 shutout in Dallas? Especially when the fouth line (the best in the nhl) had the most ice time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from omega33. Show omega33's posts

In Response to Not there yet.... : Why the heck is everybody so negative on here(not just this guy)..

Posted by JIMRICE1989

Stop whining like a little girl. He is not being "negative" he is merely pointing out FACTS. Put down your foam finger and stop being such an overly sensitive Bruins apologist.

If anyone has a right to vent about the mediocrity of the last 20 years that has become symbolic of Bruins hockey it is us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

In Response to Re: Not there yet.... : Stop whining like a little girl. He is not being "negative" he is merely pointing out FACTS. Put down your foam finger and stop being such an overly sensitive Bruins apologist. If anyone has a right to vent about the mediocrity of the last 20 years that has become symbolic of Bruins hockey it is us.
    Posted by omega33

Ooh, I do love double standards in the afternoon!

You tell one person that you don't agree with to "quit whining like a girl" (I detect a note of misogyny there) because they asked someone else, whom you do agree with, WHY they were "whining". 

Although, I suppose the person you defended was "whining like a man" as opposed to jimrice1989 who, according to you, was "whining like a girl". It's amazing you can detect that through the keyboard!!! Brilliant!

Fin. Tongue out

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

In Response to Re: Not there yet.... : Ooh, I do love double standards in the afternoon! You tell one person that you don't agree with to "quit whining like a girl" (I detect a note of misogyny there) because they asked someone else, whom you do agree with, WHY they were "whining".  Although, I suppose the person you defended was "whining like a man" as opposed to jimrice1989 who, according to you, was "whining like a girl". It's amazing you can detect that through the keyboard!!! Brilliant! Fin. 
    Posted by Krispy73

Go hug a tree you dork

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIMRICE1989. Show JIMRICE1989's posts

In Response to Re: Not there yet.... : Stop whining like a little girl. He is not being "negative" he is merely pointing out FACTS. Put down your foam finger and stop being such an overly sensitive Bruins apologist. If anyone has a right to vent about the mediocrity of the last 20 years that has become symbolic of Bruins hockey it is us.
    Posted by omega33

he never really pointed out facts, just opinions

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

the bruins played a very good sound game I've seen em play better but they were far better than the Stars Friday. Their power play was looking good they were outstanding on the penalty kill. Their passes were on the tape. Good on the face off's. They were good on most facets of the game about the only improvement I would have them work on is getting the shots on net from the point. some of those have been pretty erratic! Posted by imafan

Getting shots through on the powerplay or any play has been pathetic!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You know you're in trouble when Bitz is on your 2nd line. Where's all this depth we keep saying the Bruins have.
    Sorry but bringing up Lefebvre and then promoting Bitz was a big NO NO .
    I'm more disappointed in these type of decisions than actually losing the game.
    I would really like Fluto to ask what was up with that .
    There has to be more than we're led to believe.
    Now Lucic will be gone for at least 2-3weeks and when he does come back I'll bet everyone will want to fight him.

Sections
Shortcuts