Not trying to make excuses but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Not trying to make excuses but...

The boys have lost 3 games; Washington, Anaheim & Colorado. Washington is a top 5 team in the league and Anaheim and Colorado have both started off Red HOT!!!

In those 3 losses the only game that they did not have a chance of winning would be the Washington game. Both the Anaheim and Colorado game could have been won if not for some silly (dumb) play.

So relax guys the Bruins will beat the puss out of Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa (easliy 13-15 wins out of 18 games). I think iur division is the weakest in the league after SouthEast and they should win it and earn top 3 spot in the East.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Re: Not trying to make excuses but...

Anaheim started off red hot? So getting blown out in your season opener then losing 4-3 in OT when holding a 3-0 lead in the 3rd is RED HOT!?

Face it, the Bruins are playing like dog feces right now. Their penalty kill is 0-16 in the last 3 games and their power play isn't any better.

Sure, the Capitals have always played the Bruins tough (3-1 against Boston last year) and the Avs are off to a great start, but until the third period they played like dung against the Isles as well. Their only dominating win was against Carolina and that could've been an emotional "revenge" game.

It is only 5 games into the season and I don't see the reason for people to be hitting the panic button. If I remember correctly, the Bruins also started 2-7 last year before they "clicked" and got hot.

An earlier start to the season and people being out for some of training camp will do that to a team, even a team as good as the Bruins.

Give it time before they start to click, but don't make excuses. They're playing like absolute dung.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

What worries me is that the pp and the pk aren't aspects of the game that are easily fixed .....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Ouch sorry Anahiem is Red hot, excuse me, but the did win 3 of 4 games including beating Phily as well. Remember the bruins totally dominated that 1st period if not for some good goaltending they would have had a 3 gaol lead.

The Special teams need to be fixed & FAST becuase they are awful!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Yeah the special teams are so special they need a helmet OFF the ice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

You sound like an excuse making apologist to me paul

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

If anybody is worried after 3 losses in October, they are looking for a reason to worry.

Wait until about Thanksgiving (U.S.) , then see how the team is going, if it's still not good, then you can start to worry.

It's a long season. October , to me , has always been an extension of training camp. Sure the games count, but there is plenty of time to tweak a team between now and April.

The trick is not to get into long losing streaks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

It's not reason to worry but they weren't even in the games against Washington and Anaheim and played catch up hockey against Colorado. The Isles also outplayed them. Really, 5 games in and the Bs have only looked good once. That doesn't mean the sky is falling but it doesn't mean you try to make s### sound like good chocolate either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

A few losses down, now let's see how much they really are a team and want to win.  Road trip should be interesting.  I don't think Coach J. will put up with losing for too long.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Re: Not trying to make excuses but...:
    [QUOTE]Anaheim started off red hot? So getting blown out in your season opener then losing 4-3 in OT when holding a 3-0 lead in the 3rd is RED HOT!? Face it, the Bruins are playing like dog feces right now. Their penalty kill is 0-16 in the last 3 games and their power play isn't any better. Sure, the Capitals have always played the Bruins tough (3-1 against Boston last year) and the Avs are off to a great start, but until the third period they played like dung against the Isles as well. Their only dominating win was against Carolina and that could've been an emotional "revenge" game. It is only 5 games into the season and I don't see the reason for people to be hitting the panic button. If I remember correctly, the Bruins also started 2-7 last year before they "clicked" and got hot. An earlier start to the season and people being out for some of training camp will do that to a team, even a team as good as the Bruins. Give it time before they start to click, but don't make excuses. They're playing like absolute dung.
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]

Wow, I didn't realize that the PK is 0-16 in the last three games. But as you said it's early in the season and hopefully those "stinkers" will be rare. I'd like to think they're probably working on taking care of their own zone right now, and getting back to the smothering team defense style of last year. The offensive timing will come soon enough. Just my opinion, perhaps the team has to react and adjust from being the hunter, to the hunted as well. In any event finding the work ethic of last years team will go a long way in curing what ails them right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Not trying to make excuses but...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Not trying to make excuses but... : Wow, I didn't realize that the PK is 0-16 in the last three games.[/QUOTE]

It's not. The Bruins haven't given up 16 goals in the last 3 games, let alone 16 PP goals agains.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm mostly worried about the PK.  That's all smarts and legs, so they should have the guys to turn it around.  You can't be a contender if you kill at under 70%.  Sort that junk out, wouldya?

Moving your feet 5 on 5 so you take fewer dumb penalties?  That would help.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Special teams is a worry for this team but the biggest change from last year at this point is 5 on 5 Puck Possesion. Last year the strength of the B's was their puck possesion and now it seems to have become a weakness of this squad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Correct me if I am wrong--- Did'nt the Penguins struggle big time until January last season-- look how they finished.

My concern is not with the PP or PK--- its with Julien's inability to adjust to how teams are approaching playing the Bruins.  Carolina exposed them in the playoffs and now the entire league has taken their blueprint on how to attack the Bruins, specifically their system.  Not to say Julien is a bad coach, but he got out coached by Paul Maurice in the playoffs and I still think that when New Jersey fired him right before the playoffs, they knew his system would not cut it in the playoffs and he would be to stubborn to adjust.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see this team going deep in the playoffs as long he is behind the bench.

It took a coaching change to turn it around last year in Pittsburgh--- and it sure did work.