Notice Bergeron tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Notice Bergeron tonight?

After Slovakia made it 3-2, had all the momentum, pulled their goalie and was pouring it on in the last minute and a half... who did Canada put on the ice?

That's right.

For those who mocked how little ice time he was getting, notice that his role is not to be out there getting all the goals, there are a LOT more finesse goal-scorers on that team. But when it counted most, when they game was close and they needed to keep the other team from scorging again, they knew who fills that role perfectly, and he did just that.

Good on ya, Patrice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Notice Bergeron tonight?

I did notice him.  He was on the ice for the second goal and almost the 3rd goal.  He did great on faceoffs though.  Unfortunately he barely played in the tournament and has the worst minus on the squad, followed by Thornton.

He's the Bruins best player..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Why is it that Bergeron gets ZERO chance to produce on offence, and that uninspired waste of space called Joe Thornton, keeps going out on every power play? I don't think it is a secret that Joe is always a no-show in big games, is it?
       These are their stats after tonight's game...

PLAYER            GOALS   ASSISTS   SHOTS ON GOAL   MINUTES PLAYED

THORNTON             1            1                   3                      81:38

BERGERON              0            1                   3                      41:58

Based on those numbers, I think Bergeron shouldn't just be taking face-offs and killing penalties.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

if he had more ice time, he might be able to get into his rythm better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I was at the game & was praying Bergy scored on that glorious short handed chance in the second. He would have buried the game at 4-0 but he wiffed high on Halak. He was solid though except running over Dougty on the Slovak second goal. All in all a solid effort, going unnoticed is good sometimes as a PK & faceoff guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helenefanforever. Show Helenefanforever's posts

Good Morning  yeah i would like to that myself how many ice-time he got got last night ..Patrice he only use to take face-off and penalty kill well they.he sat there at the bench for a long time not too much penalty ...MIKE BABCOCK should not be behind the bench  i am a canadian and sometime  i am not proud to be one ..SHAME ON YOU BABCOCK AND THE REST OF THEM ...Patrice is capable to do so much but no ice-time it,s hard to produce from a bench ..and what about tommorow'game  how much time will he get if any thank

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I'v always liked Babcock as a coach and i think he is made some good adjustements but when it comes to Bergeron he is not doing a good job.  You can't ask a guy to stay on the bench for an entire periode and then all of a sudden throw him out there to win a face off or kill a penalty. 
       First of all the player cannot feel the game if he does not get any shifts.  Second he could injure himself(It's not like he is jogging on the bench to keep his muscles warm).
       Finally it is clear that Bergy was trying to do to much to impress the coach because he knows that he has like 30 sec to make an impact and any player who is trying to do too much will not be effective.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, wow, I really feel for the kid from Ancienne-Lorette.  It's not like he was responsible for the slow start for Crosby's line in game 1, and that trio with Iginla and Staal hasn't had great results in the last two games either, so you wonder where they'd be if Babcock had stuck with the Nash-Crosby-Bergeron line.  Now that he's got such a limited role, though, you know it's tough - like lucaooo says - to stay sharp when you don't see the ice for more than 90 seconds per period.  Tougher still to play those 90 seconds under the pressure of taking key defensive zone face-offs and killing penalties.

But that said, davecarr, this was not the game to point out Bergeron's role in the last 4 min. of the game!  He lost at least two key draws that led to sustained pressure by the Slovaks.  I'm not sure who was at fault on the wipeout with Doughty, but that led to the second goal.  And his unit couldn't clear the zone or even get the puck on any of his last few shifts.  He looked lost out there.  He was chasing the puck all over the place, and maybe (lucaooo again) it was a question of feeling the pressure to contribute.  But this was a baaaaaad outing for Patrice.  I really hope Babcock gives him a chance to redeem himself in the final, because he's better than he showed in the Slovak game. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

to tell you the truth Bergy would like to log big minutes but he is a team player that will do anything to help his team win. He is just happy to be there and be part of the team. I would like to see Bergy play with Toews and Richards with an offensive role to see what he can do. Im sure he is just happy to be playing for Canada with a chance of taking home a gold medal. Good luck Bergy!! He also knows that he is an important piece down the stretch for the Bruins and will play with fire when he returns.

I know im off topic but I thought Satan had a pretty good game, and Chara is starting to play like a monster again. and with the strong play of Krejci as of late I like the Bruins chances after the break. I hope the elevated play of these of key team components will inspire the rest of the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonCherry. Show DonCherry's posts

Bergeron cost the 2 Slovakia goals

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Notice Bergeron tonight?:
    He also knows that he is an important piece down the stretch for the Bruins and will play with fire when he returns. I know im off topic but I thought Satan had a pretty good game, and Chara is starting to play like a monster again and with the strong play of Krejci as of late I like the Bruins chances after the break. I hope the elevated play of these of key team components will inspire the rest of the team. Posted by lucicfan

Agreed Luc, Chara and Satan played really well last night. To me it just looks like Babcock really only wants to use Bergy as a situation player and there is nothing wrong with that. Babcock wants puck control pressure from the other lines.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The first goal was Luongo's fault , plain and simple .

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

There is no way Bergy was responsible for both goals. That key draw he won late in the third was bungled by Doughty because he lost the battle for the puck. If Doughty crowded the draw like a winger from behind Bergy it could have been an easy clear. Bergy was taking turns skating during TV timeouts to stay loose. He was the only canadian player doing that so it was obvious he was getting cold on the bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

since his concussion, Bergy hasn't been the same offensively....  a few years back, along with Sturm & Brad Boyes he centered a formidable trio....  last night he looked awful losing key faceoffs and running into his own men causing turnovers....  i like Bergy as much as the next guy but don't agree that he would do more offensively than others who've had more ice time....  that's not what he was chosen for....  as for the Thornton bashing, enough already....  even if Joe was to retire today, it will still remain as one of the B'S worst trades ever....  some think that by continually knocking him gives it credence....  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

But Luongo did a big save at the last minute...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup07. Show jessup07's posts

bergeron is about 1% of any of team canadas problems!  not that they really have many, they arent even playing that good and they are playing for the gold.  im not sure why any of you morons want to pick a guy that sees the least ice time and isnt even there to score!  this guy made the OLYMPIC team for canada, the best hockey country in the world, playing against the best players in the world, and you have to pick on him???  whoever is saying this crap should be ashamed for how stupid they are. 

lets see...yzerman selects bergy, babcock decides when to play him...seems to me that if bergy isnt producing the onus should be on these guys more than bergy, what is he supposed to say?  oh, sorry team canada, i dont think im good enough to play, ill just stay and home and masturbate...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I also notice that team Canada got to complacent in the third period and that Slovs. got a break and got back in the game. I did not like that all when team sits back and waits. Stick to simple hockey forecheck,hit, shoot, quick passing and get in the goalies face make him know your there for a reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

He doesn't get much ice time, because he isn't that good at anything other than faceoffs. End of story. If he was better, he would play more. End of Story.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bergy and like him in a B's uniform. But, this is the reason why we can't compete with the top teams in the  NHL. We don't have the top skills needed for a real #1 line. Give me a Getzlaf, Staal, Iginla, Nash...etc..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helenefanforever. Show Helenefanforever's posts

HI Bergy is not reponsable for the two goals com-on .you know tommorow will the last day at the Olympics so please put-him on ice where he belong ..well as for myself   I will be at the TD Garden tuesday night and it,s my first time there..I 'm come from the same city as Patrice Bergeron in Québec .AT least Patrice will play the hole game .. thank - god for that .. I'm sorry for him like i said earlier I DON'T agree with MIKE BABCOCK  . Put him on ice where he should be...SHAME ON THEM .....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dave,

sorry man, but Bergy shouldnt have been on the ice...he was on for the second goal and looked bad(mainly b/c he wasnt sweating or in the game)...he then almost cost us a tie...his job was to win faceoffs...he didnt do his job...

That being said he did win most against the US...I think they need to play him at least a few shifts a period to keep his blood flowing...its a hard spot to come into..this just wasnt his tournament...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Jessup, you're not good enough, so please, stay home and...don't tell me the rest.

There's not one post here that's picking on Bergeron.  Not one.  The most negative comments say that he isn't in the same class as Getzlaf, Crosby, Staal (true in that he's never been a game-breaking offensive player) and that he had a pretty rough night last night under some difficult circumstances.  Man, if you can't take people offering opinions that are that objective, you need to re-examine how invested you are in either Bergeron (man-crush?) or in calling people morons to justify your own onanistic tendencies.

Look it up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Notice Bergeron tonight?:
    Some Bruins fans overrate this guy so much.  Since his concussion he's lost any edge to the physical play in his game, the little he had.  
    Posted by russgriswold

His physical game is the same as it always was - he was always more of an open-ice hitter who could step up on a guy, make the hit, take the puck, and go score.  Think last year against the Habs (Recchi actually potted the Bergeron assist).  I've said before, the only thing keeping Bergeron from 70pt territory again is his shot.  If he ever gets it back to the pre-concussion form, he'll be fully back to that class just below the Crosbys and Staals and Getzlafs - with the Richardses and Carters etc.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

What about Crosby??  No goals or assists missed penalty shot
    I hope he brings it against the USA
    Syd is just a kid out there with the men!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

A lot of players on the Canadian who are logging regular playing time team have done nothing much.  I am sure that with more ice time Bergeron would have had more points then them. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

wasn't Bergeron brought to team canada to play with crosby. I'm glad babcock tried that for one shift. Crosby has obviously sucked.

I hope Canada goes down just for there disrespect of Bergeron